Confirmed with Link: Calum Ritchie signs ELC

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
1720469852821.gif

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
So nice that our only prospect with a shot of making the NHL signs his ELC.

Now go enjoy your 4th season in the OHL. Loveland awaits you for 3 more years after that! Perhaps a cheeky Utah ECHL stint as well.
RIAL, you are too much of a pessimist. Clearly it's going to be him playing in the KHL for this upcoming season so that he and Nabokov can build some chemistry, then he'll sign a one year deal to play alongside Gulyayev, then he'll sign in the DEL because he loves bread, and then he will come over for the 3 year mandatory AHL bust stint.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Wait a minute! I was told the Avs don't take care of their top prospects and left them unsigned wayyyyyyyyyy too long so they get pissed off. Are we sure this is Ritchie signing in that picture?

Last edited:

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
So nice that our only prospect with a shot of making the NHL signs his ELC.

Now go enjoy your 4th season in the OHL. Loveland awaits you for 3 more years after that! Perhaps a cheeky Utah ECHL stint as well.

It’s trye

Bednar hates playing the kids

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
So he’s making the Avs or not?
He seems to be putting his best foot forward to make it. I think it would be interesting to see him with Colton and Wood on the third line. He and Colton can switch who takes the faceoff depending on strongside, I also think his smarts would allow him to make the use out of the two dummies, and they would create a bit of havoc for him to have some space.

That or give him time with Mitts and bring back Tanguay so we can all scream "shoot dammit!"

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He seems to be putting his best foot forward to make it. I think it would be interesting to see him with Colton and Wood on the third line. He and Colton can switch who takes the faceoff depending on strongside, I also think his smarts would allow him to make the use out of the two dummies, and they would create a bit of havoc for him to have some space.

That or give him time with Mitts and bring back Tanguay so we can all scream "shoot dammit!"
On the plus side, Tangs is so old and slow now that he'll never be offsides again.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not sure why this was so delayed, the details aren't even that complicated on ELCs. Wish they'd given him his moment at the rookie camp instead of few days after, but whatever I guess.

Well deserved easily our best prospect.

Hope he makes the squad and opens up some room to have flexibility.
Not sure he offers any flexibility if he makes the roster. He probably pushes out Wagner, who's on league minimum anyways.

Only way it offers flexibility is if they keep him and trade it Colton or something along those lines.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure why this was so delayed, the details aren't even that complicated on ELCs. Wish they'd given him his moment at the rookie camp instead of few days after, but whatever I guess.

Well deserved easily our best prospect.

Not sure he offers any flexibility if he makes the roster. He probably pushes out Wagner, who's on league minimum anyways.

Only way it offers flexibility is if they keep him and trade it Colton or something along those lines.
I’d argue the bonuses and their impact moving forward make it rather complicated. If the Avs weren’t scraping for every dollar, not that complicated. But the Avs are trying to find every penny they can. Even 425k can make a huge difference

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad