Proposal: Calgary Goes All In (Chychrun)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
This one has a kooky and unrealistic future considerations side-deal. It may have to be a handshake. We saw something similar recently when Hutton went to TML for nothing only after Dzingle failed to clear waivers. Not sure what the actual rules are, but I'm pretty sure they can be bent. So this is in the "spirit" of the deal, kind of idea.

To CGY:
Jakob Chychrun (50% retained - 2.3aav)

To ARI:
Dillon Dube (2.3aav)
Connor Zary
Matthew Coronato
Conditional Pick**
Future Considerations***

**'23 CGY 2nd becomes '23 CGY 1st, if CGY qualifies for WCF in either '22 or '23.

***Off-season: Lucic+'24 CGY 2nd for 'Fischer+'24 BOS 7th (previously acquired).

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
It’s just where does Chychrun play? Are we taking Hanifin or Kylington out of the top 4 the way the team is playing? No.

The value is fine I just don’t think the Flames need to address D. Maybe if there is another trade for Hanifin but I just don’t see Calgary messing with their first place defence

Last edited:

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I think Coronato would be a bit of a hold up for Calgary giving likely 1st Zary and 2nd already would want a different prospect instead

And Calgary's top 4 really doesn't have a hole for the next while, assuming Kylington signs as an rfa, we'd probably rather going all in on a centre or make a 3-way trade happen

Ledge And Dairy

Chychrun would be awesome but it would really show a lack of trust from management in Kylington, who has been exceptional this year. Then we have Valimaki still waiting in the wings go cone in. Imo one of them has to be a core piece in the trade here otherwise is a bit of poor asset management

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah if the Flames are giving up this kind of haul, they aren't going to make their forward depth worse to help a position of strength.

IF we did this, we'd need to have a deal in place to deal Hanafin for a 1/2C

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
As the others have said, Chychrun is a really good player (maybe even an upgrade) but Calgary doesn't need defence right now. The only changes I can see them making at this point are depth moves unless by fluke a star centre becomes available.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
IF we were going to make a major move it would need to include Monahan going out for an upgrade at center. That's the move that turns us into a top 5 roster.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Not enough.

I think flames easily pay that fee you requested and a little more if the yotes somehow help broker a deal that tricks a top 6 C not wanting to go to calgary to be traded to calgary...

Reactions: Adam da bomb

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
That's an insane price to pay for a defense that doesn't need help right now.

If you're going all in, go for a 2C, Backlund at 3C is championship material.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Calgary’s top 4 has been amazing all year and is pretty much set in stone at this point. They’re not going to cough up a fortune in prospects and picks to get a player like Chychrun, which would also force them to drop Hanifin or Kylington down to the bottom pair (or stick Chychrun on the bottom pair). Not to mention the cap implications going forward. He’s just not a good fit for the Flames.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Chychrun is not a need for Calgary and definitely not a player that the Flames should trade Zary, Coronato, and a conditional 1st for. Calgary currently has 3 young dmen trending at ~40 pts 2 of whom play the left side. If Calgary was to trade those assets it should be to target a young top 6 center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad