Value of: Cal Clutterbuck at the deadline.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
A mid round pick should probably get it done. I can’t see him costing anything else honestly, especially as a UFA come July.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I wouldn't give up much. You know Lou already has him signed to an offer he couldn't refuse after the season.

Reactions: SI

SI

Feb 16, 2013
A mid round pick should probably get it done. I can’t see him costing anything else honestly, especially as a UFA come July.

Need to give Cal more credit - perfect playoff guy for a team looking to someone who will bang buddies, be a thorn in the opponents side, and is a great PK.

I’d say 3rd and B prospect. Maybe a second with 50% retention

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
i think la could use him if he come cheap like 4th cheap need one more phyical bottom 6 I think he would look good with lizzotte and lemieux

Reactions: goal1228

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
He's at best worth a 3rd now. Not an amazing guy but he's definitely good for the locker room

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Need to give Cal more credit - perfect playoff guy for a team looking to someone who will bang buddies, be a thorn in the opponents side, and is a great PK.

I’d say 3rd and B prospect. Maybe a second with 50% retention
A pick and prospect would be extremely ideal but a pick would be the most realistic deal. In the end he’s a 4th liner who’s a solid PK guy that ups his play during the post season.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
A great playoff guy. Hits hard, shoots hard. Very good on the PK and forecheck. I think a 3rd is definitely within reason.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Agree with the 3rd or 3rd + B prospect as value.

That being said, I can see Lou not trading him just because he's meant so much to the franchise that forcing him to go somewhere for a couple of months might leave a strain on their relationship. Blind loyalty I guess. It's a business. Unless Cal asks to go somewhere for a Cup run.

Idk, I'm perfectly fine with giving him another contract, 2 years for 1.5 per. He's worth it and I don't see anyone in the Isles system that can step in and provide what he does on a nightly basis. Unlike Casey and Matt this year, Cal hasn't really shown any signs of slowing down or wear and tear taking a toll.

That's both a compliment to Cal and a negative regarding the Isles prospect pool. I don't think a 3rd rounder and B prospect really moves the needle as far as advancing the prospect pool.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Avs probably will.

1st Avs + Kaut or Macdonald for Clutterbuck and Mayfield

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Avs probably will.

1st Avs + Kaut or Macdonald for Clutterbuck and Mayfield

There's very little point to the Islanders trading Mayfield this year, when they have another year to sign him + if not trade him for basically similar value next year. Avs (or Leafs) are just not going to give up enough to make it worthwhile for NYI to do it, and I that's not a criticism. It's just structural - he's not going to get traded this deadline.

Honestly, I think Clutterbuck, or Parise, or Greene get traded only if they want to be traded.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Honestly, I think Clutterbuck, or Parise, or Greene get traded only if they want to be traded.

Yeah, totally agree. If they're going to return a bunch of mid-round picks only I don't think Lou even entertains trading them, uprooting them for a few months, etc.

And I know HFboards loves its young men but the chances of 5th-7th rounders panning out and turning into useful NHL'ers is ridiculously low %-wise.

Reactions: saintunspecified

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad