Prospect Info: C - Maxmilian Curran - 2024 #161

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This guy has to be one of the youngest players in the draft. Doesn't turn 18 until the end of August. His stats in the WHL don't pop, but maybe another couple of years will see some growth there.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really like this pick at this value. Even though he doesn't have a mean streak, he still uses his size well even if he can further improve upon it. I do think him developing more hostility in his game along with his frame will take him to another echelon that can potentially help make him into an NHL player. Seems he has predominately been a set-up man his entire career, so that might limit him and will need to shoot more, but at least it shows that he has intelligence. I do believe there is some hidden offence in his game, Curran reminds me of Elias Lindholm.

I swear he is a beast of a defensive forward as well, but I might be confusing him with another Czech player. Maybe @landy92mack29 you can add to this.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I really like this pick at this value. Even though he doesn't have a mean streak, he still uses his size well even if he can further improve upon it. I do think him developing more hostility in his game along with his frame will take him to another echelon that can potentially help make him into an NHL player. Seems he has predominately been a set-up man his entire career, so that might limit him and will need to shoot more, but at least it shows that he has intelligence. I do believe there is some hidden offence in his game, Curran reminds me of Elias Lindholm.

I swear he is a beast of a defensive forward as well, but I might be confusing him with another Czech player. Maybe @landy92mack29 you can add to this.
didn't like the Avs draft as a whole but they saved it a little with the late picks of Curran, Pitner and Humphreys. Curran is the best bet to get a ELC of anyone other than Nabokov. Took him a little bit to adjust to the WHL but was getting more comfortable/assertive but then injury ended his year. Super young player with good size and smart in all zones. Solid skater especially for his size just needs to add some quickness in first steps which is easiest to add with more training/strength. Really good 2way defensive player who doesn't float or take shifts off. Definitely more of a playmaker who looks pass but shot isn't bad when he uses it just needs to not look for the perfect play at times. Tri-City probably still won't be great next year and likely trading Dragicevic but he'll have a bigger role and good core of talent coming in for him to build with. Has the size+2way game to be a great bottom 6er just will see if his offense develops enough for him to get a look, was a 3rd-4th talent to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad