C Jett Luchanko - Guelph Storm, OHL (2024, 13th, PHI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
The positivity and negativity in this forum lmao.

This kid is really making a name for himself at camp and might actually get a 9-game tryout to start the season. Not to mention he just turned 18 last month. His combine stats were crazy.

For a team that lost Gauthier, I think Luchanko was a real nice pick.

He would benefit a lot more going back down though wouldn't you agree? I'm talking about his development, not fun factor for fans.

Reactions: FromChaos22

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah, but a few games wouldn’t hurt. A full NHL season I wouldn’t agree with. Reassess after his third OHL campaign and World Juniors and maybe he is ready in 2025-26

I think he's earned 9 games, I wouldn't hate it, just really wanna see him get huge minutes and hit his peak development. Love his compete level, it just scares me they'd do something like they did with Coots and give him 3rd/4th line C minutes or worse and stunt his development offensively very badly.

Last edited:

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Kid is going to be a stud, wanted the Flyers to take him back in May. The crazy thing is, management/the team itself, likely already know the kid is good enough to be on that roster, but then it adds to the (who in the forward group gets tossed) - and while I know the Hfboards Flyer fans would give a nut to trade Laughton, its pretty rare for these kind of moves to happen where we are in the year. So do you give him 9 and go with like 14 forwards?

Either way, I see this kid as that full situation type guy. He can easily be on the top PP/PK. He could be there matching up against top line guys. You want him on the ice when you're down within under 2 minutes. I can just tell he has the playoff beast mode in him too. He likely will put up top10 speed metrics too, het is a legit Jet.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Give him a couple games in the NHL, send him back to Jr's and then prove himself in the AHL (20+ games) the year after and then reevaluate...I just hope they don't rush him and stunt his growth.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I was hoping he'd be there at 21 for the Habs. Good pick by the Flyers. I'm sure it was very close choice between him and Buium, but I have no doubt both players will be NHLers.

I think they should give him the 9 games and send him back to junior. Let him light up the OHL and full time NHLer next year.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
He looks really good tonight. Has a pro 'feel' of the game and it shows in his self-confidence. Ability to carry and move the puck in transition is awesome for a barely turned 18 year old. He'll go back to junior and develop leaps and bounds. Great pick by Philly in June

I could see him putting up 100+ this year in Juniors, will be great for his development, I think the Flyers got themselves a hell of a center next year in the NHL.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Even though he safely projects a middle 6 center of undetermined quality, he should definitely be back in juniors this year to give him the most ice time and opportunities to see if he can develop into a good top 6 center. Pigeonholing him and stunting his offensive development as an 18 year old would be a major mistake. He needs to be fine turning his skills and working on his shot. I do think there is a chance that he has another level or two he unlock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad