C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He's just like Ryan Getzlaf, he'll be fine.

Disagree. He doesn't have nearly the same edge to his game. Stylistically, they play the game in a similar way, but Getzlaf is a tough customer. Eichel has the temperament of like an E Staal.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Disagree. He doesn't have nearly the same edge to his game. Stylistically, they play the game in a similar way, but Getzlaf is a tough customer. Eichel has the temperament of like an E Staal.

I meant more at the same age, Getzlaf didn't always have that drive and edge to his game.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Also Eichels a better skater imo, so think a better skating less physical Getzlaf( If you like that comparison)..thats a pretty good player.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Or better skating Spezza, which ever you prefer.

Spezza and Getzlaf have vastly different approaches to the game. Spezza is a perimeter player who relies on speed, reach, and elusiveness. He thrives on making plays at top speed.

Getzlaf is a beast in the corners and loves making the stationary low to high passes, similar to the wah Eichel finds teammates.

Ace88*

Lmao what? Spezza does not and never has relied on making plays at top speed. That's like, the opposite of his game...

Mar 12, 2009
Honestly I think he had more edge when he was younger.

I remember in his draft year, Getzlaf was knocked for lack of intensity and lack of consistency in junior. I think that's what people are referring to, not a Getzlaf younger in his NHL career.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Lol, lets not be biased here okay. It was a primary assist in a game that finished 1-0.

There is nothing biased about saying "finished with one assist". That's a fact. Bias would be like: My favourite player is Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel sucks and only got one measly assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad