C.Giroux Losing to J.Tavares on TSN

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
Well I honestly can't disagree with any of the winners so far over the bracket. A few could be argued, but most are pretty on point with who I'd want to start a franchise with.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You guys talking about the Benn/Malkin thing; you know they overturned it and went with Malkin, right?

Doesn't matter, the fact that they had to overturn it just shows that the people voting are idiots and the poll means exactly nothing.

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
lol, obviously it means nothing; it's for fun. But like I said above, I still don't disagree with most of the outcomes in the 1st round (aside from Benn/Malkin which was overturned).

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
The one thing I don't like about it is the way they've done the seeding. I mean it's pretty silly that MacKinnon or McDavid are going to make it to the round of 8 when I don't think any GM with a brain would start a franchise with them today over Tavares or Stamkos (who will likely be matched up in the round of 16).

It's also completely invalidated by the fact that the quizmaster can overturn a vote, regardless of how stupid you would have to be to take Benn over Malkin it defeats the entire point of having a fan vote if the moderator can be like no I don't agree with that.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The one thing I don't like about it is the way they've done the seeding. I mean it's pretty silly that MacKinnon or McDavid are going to make it to the round of 8 when I don't think any GM with a brain would start a franchise with them today over Tavares or Stamkos (who will likely be matched up in the round of 16).

It's also completely invalidated by the fact that the quizmaster can overturn a vote, regardless of how stupid you would have to be to take Benn over Malkin it defeats the entire point of having a fan vote if the moderator can be like no I don't agree with that.

The whole bracket was clear set up to be Toews vs. Crosby. We know Crosby is going to go to the finals, and the only guys who may have had a legit shot to have been able to beat Toews are on the other side of the bracket (Subban, Weber, Doughty). Stammer, Malkin, Giroux and Tavares could give Toews a run for his money, but I don't think any will really beat him. Subban I think would, and he could beat Crosby just because he is MTL guy.

Cmoneyflyguy

Jul 13, 2005
Wayne, Pa
Had me convinced until you brought stats into it. I don't believe you can really compare that considering G didn't play first line minutes in his first 3 seasons. Since Carter and Richards were shipped out and he took the 1C role his stats are pretty darn good.

187 gp
69 goals
158 assists
227 Pts
Whoa...wait....is that real?
Damn - that's impressive

Edit - Just checked - that's wrong. It's 207 gp - not 187.
Still impressive

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad