C Ethan Hay - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2023, 211th, TBL)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

16 year old kid came into the OHL and earned his coaches trust early. Was outstanding in the playoffs in the faceoff circle and shutting down the opponents best players. Not often does a coach send a rookie out to win an improtant faceoff late in the game, but that’s just what Flint’s coach does. It remains to be seen if he can provide more offence at the junior level but he is already really good in his own zone and already has good details to his game.

Reactions: Dominance

E27914

Sep 9, 2021
I watched him play this past season being a Flint fan. I would say he brought his game to the next level during playoffs. Pretty much shut down Wyatt Johnson's scoring during the Flint vs. Windsor playoff series. Typically he was Flint's #1 Pker, since Kressler was out the majority of the season with an injury. Dent would send him out to win faceoffs for the PP and when the puck was in their end. He is not afraid to hit and get in the mix of things, 200 ft player. Thoughout the season he had 4 short handed goals and 1 during playoffs. I'd say he wasn't put in an offensive position to stand out, but was able to rack up 19 pts this season. It will be interesting to see if he assumes more of an offensive role next season.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1654636861898.jpg
    FB_IMG_1654636861898.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 9

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Such a rare prospect in today's world.

Is excellent on the defensive side of the puck at such a young age but needs improvement on the offensive side of the puck.

I don't know if he'll get drafted but he will be an interesting case study going forward.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Is there some untapped offensive potential there? Will he get a larger role this year or stay as a bottom 6 shut down center?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad