C Elias Pettersson - Timra IK, Allsvenskan (2017, 5th, VAN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
How is he not a top-5 pick on everyone's list at the moment? He's Destryoed Filip Forsbergs draft year totals in Sweden and still has half a season to go

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
How is he not a top-5 pick on everyone's list at the moment? He's Destryoed Filip Forsbergs draft year totals in Sweden and still has half a season to go

Because he's Swedish and not playing in the SHL or CHL? I remember when Hampus Lindholm was absolutely massacring Swedish Juniours and he was rarely ranked in the top ten for that draft, even though he was pretty obviously a top 5 talent. He went 6th to the Ducks.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
This kid is 160 pounds at 6'2... people are going to be in for a disappointment if they think he has the frame to add proper weight on (without damaging his skating even more)

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Any grown man can fill out. Elias is still a boy though.

He's listed at 184cm and 68kg on Timrå's site. He's listed at 188cm and 73kg on Eliteprospects. I don't know which of them is the more accurate one, but it's clear as day that he's very lean, and he'll have to add more muscle before he will have a shot of making the NHL. Not saying that there's no way that he's going to fill out eventually, but teams in the top5 could definitely be hesitating of picking a player like that in the top5. Because if he does get bigger, it COULD also POTENTIALLY impact his agility and game in a bad way.

Well, RNH looked pretty similar too me in his draft year (and still does tbh)

He was pretty lean, yes. And he's still lean, but definitely not as lean as pre-draft. This was also a guy that stepped into the league right away as a 18 year old after being selected 1st overall, putting up 50+ points in about 60 games. I don't see Elias doing the same.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
This kid is 160 pounds at 6'2... people are going to be in for a disappointment if they think he has the frame to add proper weight on (without damaging his skating even more)

Erik Karlsson was just a decent skater in the SHL at 17, added some muscle and became one of the best skaters in the world. Pettersson will never be able to skate like Karlsson but there is a good chance his skating could improve significantly with added leg and core strength.

Last edited:

Jackw5

Mar 21, 2011
Sheffield
Hopefully this tournament will be what cements Pettersson position in the top 5 maybe even 1st for the coming draft.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

You're right he should just quit hockey altogether. 18 year olds rarely if ever gain weight as they get older

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Hopefully this tournament will be what cements Pettersson position in the top 5 maybe even 1st for the coming draft.

I hope not, i hope he gets drafted later, by a good team so that hes not rushed and gets to become a star in Sweden before he leaves.

The obsession of having a countrymen getting picked high, I just dont get it

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden

Just like how Schiefele and RNH, 2 similar size players at draft day had troubles putting on weight.:sarcasm:

Jackw5

Mar 21, 2011
Sheffield
I hope not, i hope he gets drafted later, by a good team so that hes not rushed and gets to become a star in Sweden before he leaves.

The obsession of having a countrymen getting picked high, I just dont get it

I just want him to have the recognition he deserves, but I would love him to be drafted later in the first round if the bruins finish in the playoffs.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
Just like how Schiefele and RNH, 2 similar size players at draft day had troubles putting on weight.:sarcasm:

Scheifele actually had a good frame which was evident at his draft combine (google it), it was clear that he can gain weight in the right areas without it damaging his game. RNH on the other hand was frail and still looks like it, he's an ectomorph like Pettersson is

Don't get me wrong, I have him in the same tier as Vilardi who many have as a top 3/4 player in this draft, just don't expect him to reach a weight that would categorize him as a "big center"

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
Scheifele actually had a good frame which was evident at his draft combine (google it), it was clear that he can gain weight in the right areas without it damaging his game. RNH on the other hand was frail and still looks like it, he's an ectomorph like Pettersson is

Don't get me wrong, I have him in the same tier as Vilardi who many have as a top 3/4 player in this draft, just don't expect him to reach a weight that would categorize him as a "big center"

He was 6'3, 175 according to an article from draft day. Pettersson is 6'2 161 measured at the beginning of the year.

I were 6'3 160 when i was 16 and in 2 years time i added 40-50 lbs when i started weight training outside of hockey, eat more and taking hockey seriously. He's 18. :shakehead

JA

Unfortunately, I had to miss today's game between Denmark and Sweden.

How was Pettersson?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
He was 6'3, 175 according to an article from draft day. Pettersson is 6'2 161 measured at the beginning of the year.

I were 6'3 160 when i was 16 and in 2 years time i added 40-50 lbs when i started weight training outside of hockey, eat more and taking hockey seriously. He's 18. :shakehead

Would be interesting if someone could dig up his older brother's U18 year measurements and compare to now.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Would be interesting if someone could dig up his older brother's U18 year measurements and compare to now.

From Swehockey:
Pettersson, Emil 1994-01-14 CE L 183 69 (J18 Elit 2011-12)
Pettersson, Emil 1994-01-14 CE L 187 80 (SHL 2016-17)

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Those of you who follow the Allsvenskan, could you shed some light on the similarities and differences between Pettersson and Wennberg? Wennberg has seemingly arrived this year and is playing unreal hockey. I'm wondering if Pettersson projects similarly. If he does I can't imagine he falls out of the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad