C Elias Pettersson - Timra IK, Allsvenskan (2017, 5th, VAN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
Yeah, there's not really any NHL players built like him. His brother who is 23 years old is listed at 6'2" 176 lbs. I think Elias will end up similar to that. The closest comparison I can think of is Wayne Simmonds who's listed at 6'2" 185 lbs.

The other thing that might work against him in terms of draft position is that he plays in Allsvenskan. But it's actually amazing how well first round draft picks out of Allsvenskan have turned out.

All allsvenskan first round picks since 2006:

1 #24 Dennis Persson
1 #25 Patrik Berglund

1 #24 Mikael Backlund

1 #6 Oliver Ekman Larsson

1 #6 Hampus Lindholm
1 #11 Filip Forsberg

1 #14 Alexander Wennberg
1 #23 André Burakovsky

1 #8 William Nylander (also played in SHL but mostly in Allsvenskan in his draft year)
1 #25 David Pastrnak

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does anyone see some Datsyuk in his game? I'm not saying he'll have the NHL career of him, but he has some attributes in his game that could be similar if he properly develops.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

shift by shift game minus first period (time stamp in description for highlight stuff)

was trying to catch our new shiny toy Johnathan Dahlen but man i came away very impressed with Elias Pettersson (first game watcher here)

i dont watch that many Allsvenskan games especially in playoffs and this game certainly didnt felt like one.
too many undiscplined/bad penalties here and there and not as intensity as i thought it'd be for example letting 3 unanswered goals in a row period was yikes

i thought Elias's line especially him imho, single handley almost made a come back being involved in all 3 Timra's goals.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The next Naslund/Forsberg?

Except those two did it at the SEL level...

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's definitely my favorite prospect in this draft. I don't like this draft that much, but Pettersson is the best player in this draft, I think. If I'm picking one player from this draft to have the best career, its this kid. People can overrate the players in NA juniors all they want, and I'm sure they'll go higher than Pettersson. Better yet that way, there becomes more of a chance he could fall to the Rangers. My favorite last year was Laine.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
I get this feeling that he will either be a big riser or a big faller. Would not be surprised if he went 4th overall behind Patrick, Hischier and Liljegren. And i wouldnt be surprised if he ended up late first.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
He's definitely my favorite prospect in this draft. I don't like this draft that much, but Pettersson is the best player in this draft, I think. If I'm picking one player from this draft to have the best career, its this kid. People can overrate the players in NA juniors all they want, and I'm sure they'll go higher than Pettersson. Better yet that way, there becomes more of a chance he could fall to the Rangers. My favorite last year was Laine.

Wow, that was bold

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I think there is very little chance he falls to the Rangers. I hope NJ trades down a few spots and drafts him.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I have to say, I have a clear top 4, and they're all in the same grouping to me : Hischier, Patrick, Mittlestadt and Pettersson. They're the 4 guys that I can see being real elite forwards at the next level. Love Pettersson's game. And it's only going to get better as he gets stronger. His natural instincts and hockey sense are good and that can't be taught.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I have to say, I have a clear top 4, and they're all in the same grouping to me : Hischier, Patrick, Mittlestadt and Pettersson. They're the 4 guys that I can see being real elite forwards at the next level. Love Pettersson's game. And it's only going to get better as he gets stronger. His natural instincts and hockey sense are good and that can't be taught.

I am interesred to find out why no Vilardi or what stands out from Pettersson and Mittlestadt to put them over him.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland

Also remember, you can't teach 6 foot 2 :sarcasm:

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands

Those 4 players, including Vilardi are going in the top 5, without a doubt.
My top 5 based on what I have seen, heard and read:

1. Hischier
2. Patrick
3. Mittelstadt
4. Petterson
5. Vilardi

Liljegren will go 6th, he is already dropping off...

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
He scored in the first period today but he doesn't seem to be there in the second period... Anyone knows if he's injured or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad