C Cole Beaudoin - Barrie Colts, OHL (2024, 24th, UTAH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think this guy is a good playmaker and he has good size. Plays center. Can create some offense. His skating needs some work and he needs to have a larger impact both ways and shift to shift, but I see him as a likely pick, probably a mid-rounder, and someone who has the puck game to rise if he makes some improvements.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
What's the read on this guy?

For like the last 3-4 mocks I've read, they all have the Preds taking him.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Probably a first round or early second round pick. Why nobody writes about him? How big of a weakness is his skating?

In my notes from watching games this season I don't have his skating as a weakness, I've actually thought he moves quite well for a big guy, particularly straight ahead speed. The issue is his upside imo.

He's a committed defensive player, not a bad puck handler, definitely a C, and has flashed a nice shot, but he's not very creative, not sure about his offensive IQ/ability - not sure he thinks the offensive side well enough to be a top 6 FWD.

I think he tops out as a good 3C/middle 6 FWD with great tools & compete. There's always room for growth but my thought is he'll help your team win if he's in a 3rd line/'bottom 9' role.

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Probably a first round or early second round pick. Why nobody writes about him? How big of a weakness is his skating?

He will go round 1.. the skating isn't great, it's not bad but it's not great. Dude's a beast in the gym, highly competitive, Canada couldn't get him out there enough in the U18s. He's probably a premium 3C if he hits, a 4C if he doesn't.

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
Anyone else get some Dave Bolland vibes from him? I haven't seen him a ton so maybe I'm out in left field here....

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Was working on something and stumbled on a goal of his, I know there is other footage of him in the vid but likely not much.

Goal - 7:03

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Talking about him on NHL Draft Class, scout Nick Smith said he was impressive at the combine and could be a first round pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: piqued

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
For me he's Coyle 2.0. good pick in the late first.I really doubt he makes it to the 2nd round even tho the upside is limited.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
In my notes from watching games this season I don't have his skating as a weakness, I've actually thought he moves quite well for a big guy, particularly straight ahead speed. The issue is his upside imo.

He's a committed defensive player, not a bad puck handler, definitely a C, and has flashed a nice shot, but he's not very creative, not sure about his offensive IQ/ability - not sure he thinks the offensive side well enough to be a top 6 FWD.

I think he tops out as a good 3C/middle 6 FWD with great tools & compete. There's always room for growth but my thought is he'll help your team win if he's in a 3rd line/'bottom 9' role.

Sounds like Charlie Coyle so I could see Boston taking him if he is there. Watched his shifts in the U18 US-Canada and using Boston or ex B's comps he looks like his
comps are totalky maxed, Coyle, if he improves his skating to Frederic down to Lazar and if he fails to pan out, Patrick Brown.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
According to a beat writers the Leafs have been giving him heavy attention all year and he met the brass. Article also noted that Boston at 25 and Dallas at 29 were expected to have interest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad