C Berkly Catton - Spokane Chiefs, WHL (2024, 8th, SEA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
They should take a RHD.
Yes but I am personally skeptical of yamm, lev is good but his strengths provides more of what we already have on the blue line, if we pick a d I'd rather slide dahlin to the right and puck silayev or Dickinson. If we draft high like where we are currently slotted I would take Lindstrom, demimedov or catton and skip on eiserman, Iginla is another decent option over eiserman for me personally as well.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Yes but I am personally skeptical of yamm, lev is good but his strengths provides more of what we already have on the blue line, if we pick a d I'd rather slide dahlin to the right and puck silayev or Dickinson. If we draft high like where we are currently slotted I would take Lindstrom, demimedov or catton and skip on eiserman, Iginla is another decent option over eiserman for me personally as well.
Who? Hehe...and that handle. Paints a picture I can't get out of my head now, ffs... :help:

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
If the Sabres use their pick they would be wise to choose the best player available. Unless they're picking in the top 2, that player is Catton. Honestly don't get this crap about Buffalo taking slight players. The three biggest disappointments this year have been Cozens, Thompson, and Tuch. In an awful year the pleasant surprises have been Benson and Mitts. It's almost as if there's more to hockey success than size.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If the Sabres use their pick they would be wise to choose the best player available. Unless they're picking in the top 2, that player is Catton. Honestly don't get this crap about Buffalo taking slight players. The three biggest disappointments this year have been Cozens, Thompson, and Tuch. In an awful year the pleasant surprises have been Benson and Mitts. It's almost as if there's more to hockey success than size.
At a certain point you run out of spots in your lineup for certain types of players, and you can say that someone will be traded or it will work its way out, yet I still think it hurts the team’s leverage when trading a player and I also think the way it works its way out is always a negative where someone doesn’t make it or is traded for peanuts, so if they hope to get the most value they should draft a player at another position and hope to make it all work.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
At a certain point you run out of spots in your lineup for certain types of players, and you can say that someone will be traded or it will work its way out, yet I still think it hurts the team’s leverage when trading a player and I also think the way it works its way out is always a negative where someone doesn’t make it or is traded for peanuts, so if they hope to get the most value they should draft a player at another position and hope to make it all work.
I agree with this and taking a Dman might be the best option...unless Catton is there and then I just take him and then figure things out.

Celebrini is obviously going to be the #1 pick but Catton's long term NHL potential once his body matures isn't that far off IMO.

Simply out he has the full offensive package and he will be a scoring star in the NHL by the time he is 21 IMO.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad