W Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals (OHL) - 2024 Draft

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
I see Sennecke as the next Jason Spezza.

Not elite but highly useful and a top 6.

Yout take that running.

The best #14 pick of all time was Ken Dryden

#14 Pick Best Of

C1 Don Luce
C2 Jaden Schwartz
C3 Marty Reasoner
C4 Alexander Wennberg

RW1 Rick Middleton
RW2 Terry O'Reilly
RW3 Rick Seiling
RW4 Chuck Kobasew

LW1 Brian Propp
LW2 Dan Maloney
LW3 Brad May
LW4 Jake Debrusk

D1 Sergei Gonchar
D2 Brent Seabrook
D3 Calle Johansson
D4 Adam Deadmarsh
D5 Kevin Shattenkirk
D6 Stephane Quintal
D7 Charles McAvoy
D8 John Van Boxmeer

G1 Ken Dryden
G2 Devan Dubnyk

Weak at center

Great RW1
Great LW1

D is pretty solid as there were plenty of other D-men with 500+ NHL games.

Reactions: Hoochi Papa

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Only 4 posts for one of the biggest risers in the draft? In a draft that is not short of players with high upsides, this guy might have one of the highest. Crazy talent, just needs his body to catch up to his imagination. I think he'll be a top 10 pick. There is too much there to like, even though his point totals are dwarfed by the likes of Catton, Parekh, and Demidov. Hell, Parascak scored 50% more points than him.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Only 4 posts for one of the biggest risers in the draft? In a draft that is not short of players with high upsides, this guy might have one of the highest. Crazy talent, just needs his body to catch up to his imagination. I think he'll be a top 10 pick. There is too much there to like, even though his point totals are dwarfed by the likes of Catton, Parekh, and Demidov. Hell, Parascak scored 50% more points than him.
Thread 'LW Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024 Draft)'
LW Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024 Draft)

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Thread 'LW Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024 Draft)'
LW Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024 Draft)
oops:ha:...wonder why the search function didn't call that up for me.

Anyway, for comparisons I have a less polished, but eventually faster Boldy. They have similar imaginations when it comes to stick handling and passing. Another comparison for old timers, if Sennecke continues to grow, is a wing version of Pete Mahovlich.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Yout take that running.

The best #14 pick of all time was Ken Dryden

#14 Pick Best Of

C1 Don Luce
C2 Jaden Schwartz
C3 Marty Reasoner
C4 Alexander Wennberg

RW1 Rick Middleton
RW2 Terry O'Reilly
RW3 Rick Seiling
RW4 Chuck Kobasew

LW1 Brian Propp
LW2 Dan Maloney
LW3 Brad May
LW4 Jake Debrusk

D1 Sergei Gonchar
D2 Brent Seabrook
D3 Calle Johansson
D4 Adam Deadmarsh
D5 Kevin Shattenkirk
D6 Stephane Quintal
D7 Charles McAvoy
D8 John Van Boxmeer

G1 Ken Dryden
G2 Devan Dubnyk

Weak at center

Great RW1
Great LW1

D is pretty solid as there were plenty of other D-men with 500+ NHL games.
Ummm.. Deadmarsh was a 2nd-3rd line right winger, not a dman.

And you think McAvoy would be your #7 dman? I think he's 1st by a wide margin, of the 7 dmen you have listed there.

Reactions: Blueston

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
People in here are just tacking on whatever comparison sounds good to them, with maybe a quick glance at stat lines and height. I watched Getzlaf live a lot when he was in juniors and Sennecke is nothing the same, and he certainly isn’t anything like the NHL version of Getzlaf.
Bobby Ryan comes to mind

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I'm fascinated to see where Sennecke goes in this draft. I watched him more early in the year & he flashed high end ability with a chippy element, but down the stretch of the year he rly put it together & caught fire.

The 'comparable' I've come too is Alex Tuch.

Not perfect as Sennecke is a better handler/dangler/more creative, less of a big shooter atm than Tuch (tho hes not bad), but similar in that they are big play driving wingers who can barrel into the zone. Any team would love to add Tuch to their top 6 & Sennecke can reach that impactful top 6 level for sure.

Again fascinated to see where he goes, Iginla too, can't wait for draft day.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm fascinated to see where Sennecke goes in this draft. I watched him more early in the year & he flashed high end ability with a chippy element, but down the stretch of the year he rly put it together & caught fire.

Not perfect as Sennecke is a better handler/dangler/more creative, less of a big shooter atm than Tuch (tho hes not bad), but similar in that they are big play driving wingers who can barrel into the zone. Any team would love to add Tuch to their top 6 & Sennecke can reach that impactful top 6 level for sure.

Tuch, as a prospect, wasn't nearly as fast as he eventually became. Had some skill, and a very nice shot. I love him as a prospect because he is so out there, in terms of his game. I still see more Boldy than Tuch in him. Boldy also had that giraffe look to him for 2 -3 years after his draft.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

They don’t play at all the same, and Tuch was ~40 lbs heavier and 2” taller at the same age and played like it. Strange comparison.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad