C Allan McShane - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2018, 97th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
McShane is a very smart player who is more of a shoot 1st center. Is a good but not great skater with a good 2-way game already and has decent size at 5'11 185. Was traded from Erie to Oshawa last year but didn't miss a beat on his new team scoring 21 points in 29 games and 44 points in 62 games on the year. Also had a good showing with Canada Black at the U-17's. I think he could be anywhere from a mid 1st to late 2nd in next years draft

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=313532

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Very good player. Was tough to see him leave Erie but was worth it as Erie won a title with Cirelli.

If his skating improves he'll be a top player in the OHL this season and I think he could go 1st round.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
5 apples last night. I've seen him rated everywhere from late first round to almost being a 3rd rounder. Why such a disparity?

Early on sites have their favs who they rank higher than they should. Rankings start to become accurate just before the WJC imo as players establish themselves more

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I was really high on him last year. Was expecting a little more of a jump from him this year (production-wise), but there’s plenty of games left still.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
I was really high on him last year. Was expecting a little more of a jump from him this year (production-wise), but there’s plenty of games left still.
Had a slow start. He is slowly catching up. Also happened with Hillis (another habs prospect) and, to an extent, Fonstad (really good 4-5 first games, rough patch, slowly racking up points lately).

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Second-leading scorer for the Generals but still unsigned.

What is the potential of him being selected again if he is re-enters the draft?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Second-leading scorer for the Generals but still unsigned.

What is the potential of him being selected again if he is re-enters the draft?
How would it work if the Canadiens re-drafted him with one of their late 6th-7th round pick? Their problem right now is they are near the max roster limit. By re-drafting one of Hillis, McShane... they retain their rights for another three years?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Yet to be signed by the Canadiens. Was the second-leading scorer for the Generals. Any word on whether they will sign him or he'll re-enter the 2020 NHL Draft.

If so, any interest from NHL clubs?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
How would it work if the Canadiens re-drafted him with one of their late 6th-7th round pick? Their problem right now is they are near the max roster limit. By re-drafting one of Hillis, McShane... they retain their rights for another three years?

Not interested in re-signing him or redrafting him.
He has about the same offensive stats as when we drafted him 2 years ago.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I always knew this bloke was going to be one that was drafted too high for reasons of simply playing in the CHL. He never had dynamic talent and really didn't have any sort of intriguing talent to develop besides his smarts. Sure hockey intelligence is important, but you gotta have something that your brain can work with and he had honestly nothing else ranging from average skating ability, average goalscoring, and average athletic body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad