Value of: Buffalo's 1st if 1st overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Now, I'm Buffalo's GM and taking offers for the 1st OP. I'd love to just pick Dahlin, but I have to many holes to fill and picking 1 superstar prospect isn't going to get it done.

Here's what I want, and my parameters. I want a good defensemen, and a winger. I need them young to keep with my core. I can add to the first, and I can take about a 5 mil in cap difference. 4 guys I won't trade, Risto, Scandella, Eichel and probably ROR. I won't trade Reinhart unless it's an amazing deal.

Here's an example of what I'm looking for.

Winnipeg
Trouba
Ehlers
For
1st OP
And ?

I know this is a lot but just an example of what I'm trying to do here.
Something in the nature that fills holes now. So make your offers.

Last edited:

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I wouldn't trade Dahlin for anything short of a mindless overpayment. Also, I've never seen 1st OP (overall pick, presumably) before. Not that it's wrong, just seems different for different's sake.

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
This is the equivalent of trading the Eichel pick...

I know, that's why I want a lot for the pick. I just think the way Murrayy did things, Buffalo has look at going in a direction that fills all the holes that Murray left. We have 1 top 6 winger, 2 top 4 defenceman, and 2 centers. If we just keep taking 1 guy, this team will never get filled out no matter how good he is IMO.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I know, that's why I want a lot for the pick. I just think the way Murrayy did things, Buffalo has look at going in a direction that fills all the holes that Murray left. We have 1 top 6 winger, 2 top 4 defenceman, and 2 centers. If we just keep taking 1 guy, this team will never get filled out no matter how good he is IMO.

Trading a future super star is not the only way to fill holes.

Trading Dahlin is a non starter

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
If you get Dahlin, you are blessed with having a franchise C and a franchise D who are both very young with crazy potential. You thank the Gods and build around that.

Yeah I know. Maybe I'm crazy but if I can get a top line winger and a top pairing defenceman, I'd be willing to part with it. This team just has so many holes

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Dahlin has already won multiple Norris trophies without stepping on NHL ice don't you know...

don't think anyone will be offering Dahlin for anything remotely reasonable

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016

Nylander looks pretty good even though he missed the first 3 months of the season,
Guhle is will be full time next year along with mittlestadt
Olofsson/Asplund should be coming over as well in the A
Adding Dahlin/zadina/svechnikov to our core is huge.

we're not that far away.

Reactions: sabrescupbound

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Ask yourself if The Islander would have won their four Stanley Cups if they had accepted an offer for number one overall pick Denis Potvin.

Well would they have?

End of rational discussion here.

Back to the seven Mitch Marner threads we go......................

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Trading a future super star is not the only way to fill holes.

Trading Dahlin is a non starter

Not saying your wrong. I'm mostly curious if anyone offers anything tempting. And I'm kind of looking at it like this, who had the better team? The Flyers with Lindros or the Nordiques/ Avs with the team they filled out from the trade?

Last edited:

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

That's not alot, think Laine, Trouba, 2018 and 2019 1st

Reactions: sabrescupbound

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Oilers would move there 1st, Puljarvi, Klefbom and RHN

I'm already getting burned by Sabers but here's my thoughts. I don't know if that's the combination I'm looking for. I don't know what Klefbom is yet, and I'm looking for something with more offence then RNH. Although if that's a top 5 pick, it's a pretty respectable offer. On top of that, you'd have to take cap back. But in the end I'd decline and use the pick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad