Proposal: Buffalo - Minnesota

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Something around Greenway for Mittelstadt.

Is Mittelstadt maybe expendable with the addition of Krebs and some high picks over the next few? Who adds? Who says no?

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
No. Buffalo has almost no elite players now. Trading Mitts after getting Krebs is taking one step forward, two steps back. Mitts projects to be twice as good as Greenway and is already pacing for near it as of current.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Expendable? Somehow you missed that Buffalo already gave up a decent center in the deal that brought Krebs in.......

None of Buffalo's young centers are expendable. We need to do everything we can to make sure 2 of them turn into at least legit top 6 centers - the likelihood that they all do is slim.

Mittelstadt in particular is finally starting to show real promise after the organization has invested a ton into him.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I haven't been the biggest Mittelstadt supporter, but Buffalo needs to keep all its prospect centers until they have 3 emerge as legit NHL guys.

We are playing Tage Thompson at center for f***'s sake. And that was BEFORE Mittelstadt got injured.

MeenOlViks

May 25, 2015
I haven't been the biggest Mittelstadt supporter, but Buffalo needs to keep all its prospect centers until they have 3 emerge as legit NHL guys.

We are playing Tage Thompson at center for f***'s sake. And that was BEFORE Mittelstadt got injured.
Mittelstadt (prior to injury) and LongNecker have been playing quite well as of late. Does Minny have an elite goalie we can use? Ennis, Weber, and a 3rd are on the table...

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
I knew mittelstadt started looking better at the end of the season last year but I was unaware he this beloved by your fan base. My bad.

Hypothetically, what’s the add to greenway? How bout Dumba?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I knew mittelstadt started looking better at the end of the season last year but I was unaware he this beloved by your fan base. My bad.

He had something like 20 points in 25 games under Granato to end last season and is our clear-cut best center right now. Why would we want to trade him?

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006

upload_2021-11-5_13-28-38.jpeg

The add would be a center better than Mittelstadt. Which isn’t happening here.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

member 334057

The biggest issue is that the Sabres have really reached a point where they can't add quantity for quality anymore. If they were to trade Mittelstadt at this point it would have to be in a package for someone better in a position of need, but with Center being one of the biggest needs (though they need quality at every position) it wouldn't make a ton of sense.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Bjork and Butcher for Greenway.

Absolutely not, no! Neither would play on this current Minnesota team. Greenway is out long term anyway. Why would greenway be traded for lesser piece when Minnesota can get 2nd round pick, or 1st round pick @ deadline from contender who will bet on size, and age?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Hell f***ing no.

Mitts will cost you A top 12 pick.

Sorry, how did Mittelstadt's value skyrocket that far. I would say as of right now the Sabres, aren't going to move any of their near NHL ready center depth under 24. This includes: Mittelstadt, Cozens, Asplund, Krebs, and so on.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
News to me. Last I'd seen/heard Mittelstadt was being looked at like a borderline bust or at the very least, nowhere near living up to his draft status. Good for him. Hope he has it figured out. Good to see a hometown kid do well. I'm not a big 'one of us' fan where I want to see a bunch of these Minnesota kids come home and play. Most Minnesotans are. I don't get the draw as a good majority of the time it doesn't work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad