Buffalo Bills–2014: 1-0 – WK2 vs Miami – Pegulas reach agreement to buy team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
JFC when are we gonna have a team that can score in the red zone?
Other question: Why are Marrone/Hackett stupid enough to repeatedly trust EJ to throw in the red zone? The dude already has accuracy issues, and those only get exacerbated when you have less field space to work with and have to fit the ball in tight windows.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Heck get Brock Osweiler from Denver...he's sat and watched Peyton for a while now - I'm pretty sure this 6'8" gun slinger can get the ball accurately to our receivers

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Thad's not the answer, either. None of these bums are.

But, don't fret, the Bills paid a significant amount for ALL 4 RUNNING BACKS. That's how you win in 1973.

Heck get Brock Osweiler from Denver...he's sat and watched Peyton for a while now - I'm pretty sure this 6'8" gun slinger can get the ball accurately to our receivers
Bro Osweiler isn't available, Elway still <3s him. At this point, the only option is grossly overpaying for a Mallett (who suuuucks) or Cousins (decent game manager), which isn't happening.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Other question: Why are Marrone/Hackett stupid enough to repeatedly trust EJ to throw in the red zone? The dude already has accuracy issues, and those only get exacerbated when you have less field space to work with and have to fit the ball in tight windows.

In preseason I would rather they do that than run the ball. We know that Spiller/Jackson can run, there's no need for them to prove it in a meaningless game. Manuel needs the reps because there are going to be situations in the season where he has to throw it down there, and he needs to work out his issues if the Bills are going to be successful.

(And before someone comes in with the typical "lolololol Manuel sucks he'll never get better" it doesn't matter, the Bills are stuck with him now and they have to try)

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Thad's not the answer, either. None of these bums are.

But, don't fret, the Bills paid a significant amount for ALL 4 RUNNING BACKS. That's how you win in 1973.

Bro Osweiler isn't available, Elway still <3s him. At this point, the only option is grossly overpaying for a Mallett (who suuuucks) or Cousins (decent game manager), which isn't happening.

Do decent game managers throw for almost 400 yards in a game? I think Cousins has the potential to be a pretty good starting qb in the nfl. I'd take him all day every day over Manuel. It's a moot point though because Washington won't move him. Mallett I liked a lot as a college player if the price was right I'd take a flyer on him (obviously Spiller for Mallet shouldn't be considered).
Outside of Spiller I don't get your point about the rb's. Jackson earned his extension with his play last year and asset wise he cost the bills nothing as he was an undrafted ufa. Brown cost us a conditional pick. Could be a third or a fourth rounder, regardless it wasn't a large investment for a guy who looks like he could be a starter.
I do agree about our qb's. I have absolutely no faith in any of them. The team should have brought another guy in. Either through the draft, by trade or in free agency, but they dropped the ball.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

So, to summarize :

This team can't score in the red zone, and the coaches are dumb because they're trying to score in the red zone.

Right.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
So, to summarize :

This team can't score in the red zone, and the coaches are dumb because they're trying to score in the red zone.

Right.

That's pretty bad deducing on your part.

Roll EJ out. Pitch the ball. Be creative. Something other than EJ incorrectly locking into one guy and missing him wide ri...left

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Do decent game managers throw for almost 400 yards in a game? I think Cousins has the potential to be a pretty good starting qb in the nfl. I'd take him all day every day over Manuel. It's a moot point though because Washington won't move him. Mallett I liked a lot as a college player if the price was right I'd take a flyer on him (obviously Spiller for Mallet shouldn't be considered).
Outside of Spiller I don't get your point about the rb's. Jackson earned his extension with his play last year and asset wise he cost the bills nothing as he was an undrafted ufa. Brown cost us a conditional pick. Could be a third or a fourth rounder, regardless it wasn't a large investment for a guy who looks like he could be a starter.
I do agree about our qb's. I have absolutely no faith in any of them. The team should have brought another guy in. Either through the draft, by trade or in free agency, but they dropped the ball.
Some do, total yards mean little. But I agree that I'd take Cousins here in a heartbeat. They could be a playoff contender with him.

There's some investment in all the RBs. Dixon costs $1.5M per year, Brown was a mid-round pick. That's poor asset management for your 3rd and 4th string RBs.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
That's pretty bad deducing on your part.

Roll EJ out. Pitch the ball. Be creative. Something other than EJ incorrectly locking into one guy and missing him wide ri...left
I recall 2 rollouts by EJ yesterday... and he missed badly on both throws. EJ is really bad throwing when he's outside the pocket. Rollouts and screens... they're pain inducing. I swear, I don't think EJ understands how screen passes work.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Some do, total yards mean little. But I agree that I'd take Cousins here in a heartbeat. They could be a playoff contender with him.

There's some investment in all the RBs. Dixon costs $1.5M per year, Brown was a mid-round pick. That's poor asset management for your 3rd and 4th string RBs.

Nonsense. Kirk Cousins regressed badly last season after playing pretty well in his 2012 rookie campaign. He's an unproven commodity as an NFL QB.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I agree I'd rather have Kirk Cousins if we could get him, which I think we can but the front office isn't willing to pull the trigger b/c they don't wanna admit that maybe EJ was a mistake.

And damn :/ I didn't know osweiler was that loved by elway...would of been a nice pick up in a trade

Still, I'd rather get ANYONE in there than EJ.

If this front office and coach marrone were smart, then they'd realize if we're truly going "all in" this year that maybe it's time to pull a trade to get a true QB like Kirk Cousins so that we truly have a shot this season. Say what you want about Cousins, I know he's not amazing, but he's a significant upgrade over EJ. We don't need, nor will we get, a gun slinging top tier QB...those are home grown (drafted) guys and rarely hit the free agent market. BUT, we can still get a good game managing QB who can make good throws here and there as well. Someone who can read coverages and plays the position with intelligence. Having a guy like Cousins for example, would improve our offense immensely. We have so much talent on the wide out positions but NO ONE to get them the ball. I hate to see that wasted.

I believe we have one of the top running back combinations in the league. It's down right lethal. But if the opposing defense knows our QB sucks and can't pass worth a da*n then of course they're going to stack the box and stuff our run or even screen plays.

Having a good QB would not only help our WRs, but it'll open up the running game. If you open up the running game with CJ and Fred...that could be scary good.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

If Spiller walks this offseason Brown could be our next starting rb. So is he a 3rd stringer for now? Yes. I have no problem with them spending a 3rd or a 4th for a guy who could very well be a starter by Next year though. As far as Dixon I didn't really get why they brought him in (he'll never be good enough to be a starter and is only good for short-yardage/backup fb duty), but whatever. It's not like his salary at 1.5 million prevented them from making other moves.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Nonsense. Kirk Cousins regressed badly last season after playing pretty well in his 2012 rookie campaign. He's an unproven commodity as an NFL QB.

To be honest, their whole team regressed significantly.

One thing I"ve always told my friends this past season was that the Redskins weren't as good as people thought they were. They had the RG3 rookie year where he literally carried the whole team. They rode the high and all played hard for him. This past season he was never healthy, and the team itself never got going. They don't have that much high end talent outside of RG3. Their defense is poor, their offense revolves around 1 guy, maybe 2 if you include Alfred morris...but they needed more talented players on both sides of the ball. They were also in a poor division 2 yrs ago when they made the playoffs. Last year Philly just came outta no where with Chip kelly's offense run by Nick foles and just took off.
They had a coaching controversy which plagued them at the end of the season as well.

I think they'll be a good team, but not very good, at least not in the short term. They need to draft well and also sign a few good free agents. Then I think they'll be able to compete heavily.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I don't know if Cousins would be a significant upgrade on EJ, but I liked him more in college and would be willing to give him a shot at competing for the starting job. And his starts last year were quite bad.

Girgensons28

Jul 23, 2014
Portage, Indiana

400 in one games shows nothing. Matt Flynn had more passing TD's in one game than Rodgers has ever had. Signing a guy off of a game or two gets you in trouble, but the Bills should have learned that after the Rob Johnson experiment.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I don't want to get too hot and bothered about a bad preseason game, but one thing I really really didn't like... why the heck was Doug Legursky starting. If Cordy isn't ready by the regular season, that left side of the line is going to be a big problem.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I don't want to get too hot and bothered about a bad preseason game, but one thing I really really didn't like... why the heck was Doug Legursky starting. If Cordy isn't ready by the regular season, that left side of the line is going to be a big problem.

Chris Williams was hurt so he sat out. Otherwise he's starting at LG. Glenn should be back for the season opener which makes the question: what do you do with Henderson? RT ahead of Pears?

Glenn-Williams-Wood-Urbik-Henderson

The right side is the big question mark. Urbik and Henderson would be my choices right now. Pears/Kouandjio are the reserves at tackle, Legursky/Richardson are the interior reserves. Possibly Hairston over Pears if they want more versatility.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
We're not acquiring another QB this season unless Manuel gets injured (which is reasonably good possibility IMO).

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Any of the rookies should have been playing ahead of Legursky. He's a lost cause. And Chris Williams sucks, so that's a problem.

The right side of the line, who knows? Buscaglia always talks up how they want to dump Urbik, but I'm not buying it. I think Kouandjio was the plan at RT, but they can't do that. Pears is still a passable RT if he's healthy, so it's probably his job to lose now.

I'm still more concerned about the left side, though. No/Hampered Cordy is going to be death with consistently horrible Chris Williams.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Any of the rookies should have been playing ahead of Legursky. He's a lost cause. And Chris Williams sucks, so that's a problem.

The right side of the line, who knows? Buscaglia always talks up how they want to dump Urbik, but I'm not buying it. I think Kouandjio was the plan at RT, but they can't do that. Pears is still a passable RT if he's healthy, so it's probably his job to lose now.

I'm still more concerned about the left side, though. No/Hampered Cordy is going to be death with consistently horrible Chris Williams.

It's preseason for crying out loud. Just because Legursky started doesn't mean he's necessarily ahead on the depth chart...

Or perhaps they want a guy like Richardson to work more at RG instead of LG, so they put Legursky in at LG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad