Proposal: [BUF/WAS] Trevor van Riemsdyk to Buffalo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
For over a year Sabres fans have wanted them to replace (or supplement) Henri Jokiharju with a more defensively responsible RHD who would in theory pair better with Owen Power. Some of us have identified TVR as someone who fits the bill, and should likely be available considering Washington's over the cap and TVR has been pushed down to the 3rd pairing by the Caps' recent acquisitions.

What would a reasonable ask be from the Cap's perspective? I'm tempted to specify what the Sabres would prefer to give up, but I think I'll leave it open to whatever people want to throw out there.

(From the Sabres' perspective I see TVR replacing Jokiharju, with Jokiharju traded elsewhere for picks/prospects).

Reactions: Neil Racki

Jun 15, 2007
We aren't over the cap because Oshie is on LTIR. Our GM also said we are done for the summer.

But maybe this can revisited midseason.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
2nd round pick seems what they would ask. Anything below that would be a pretty pointless move given TvR is still a good, very versatile player. Cap wise there isn't a need to move him right now, either.

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
We aren't over the cap because Oshie is on LTIR. Our GM also said we are done for the summer.

But maybe this can revisited midseason.
My bad; I was trusting CapFriendly and they have Backstrom as LTIR likely, but not Oshie.

Washington being cap compliant does make this much less likely.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I would move TVR for futures, gets us decently under the cap and able to make another move at the deadline to acquire more assets in the future. What you got? Right now Ethan Bear is a 7-8 and Vincent Iorio will be spending another year in Hershey when he could greatly benefit from a third line minutes in DC.

Reactions: Lou Sassole

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Thought one of Jensen or TvR could go to Buffalo this offseason but moving TvR seems less likely now with Jensen gone. Ryan Chesley and Vinny Iorio aren’t ready for the NHL yet and the Caps don’t have another RHD they could plug in at the 3D slot. I think moving TvR could be a thing at the deadline or more likely next summer but I don’t see them moving him this season unless the wheels fall off the team or they get an offer they can’t refuse.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Thought one of Jensen or TvR could go to Buffalo this offseason but moving TvR seems less likely now with Jensen gone. Ryan Chesley and Vinny Iorio aren’t ready for the NHL yet and the Caps don’t have another RHD they could plug in at the 3D slot. I think moving TvR could be a thing at the deadline or more likely next summer but I don’t see them moving him this season unless the wheels fall off the team or they get an offer they can’t refuse.
We have Jokiharju as a 24yo RHD who just re-signed for 1 year, $3.1M. He's developed into a fine mobile 4/5 who can play up in a pinch. He just isn't what Buffalo needs at this point for a number of reasons and probably doesn't fit our future build.

I wonder if Washington would be interested in swapping TVR for Joki+. You'd keep the pair structure with a RHD while getting a younger guy who might fit long-term and be willing to re-sign. We'd pair TVR with Byram or Power as a veteran SAH guy with experience, which we really need.

If people are pegging his value as a 2nd, maybe Joki plus a 2nd for 4th pick swap would work.

Reactions: Fjordy

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
We have Jokiharju as a 24yo RHD who just re-signed for 1 year, $3.1M. He's developed into a fine mobile 4/5 who can play up in a pinch. He just isn't what Buffalo needs at this point for a number of reasons and probably doesn't fit our future build.

I wonder if Washington would be interested in swapping TVR for Joki+. You'd keep the pair structure with a RHD while getting a younger guy who might fit long-term and be willing to re-sign. We'd pair TVR with Byram or Power as a veteran SAH guy with experience, which we really need.

If people are pegging his value as a 2nd, maybe Joki plus a 2nd for 4th pick swap would work.
Seems reasonable to me. Joki + 2nd for TvR + 4th — I’ll fax the paper work over to you shortly :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad