GDT: BUF @ TBL 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Back to the beach

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
From the Sabres, it would be great if they decide to show up for the 7:00 p.m. puck drop tonight. If they defer for 10 or 15 or 30 minutes to start the game, it's going to be messy. In the back of my mind, I'm hoping this isn't how they've treated their Florida trips in the last decade: no beach, no fishing charter, no Ybor. Act like professionals and focus on the task instead of the peripherals. Party time was in the Bahamas.

Tampa's been up and down - they got run by the Panthers coming out of the break, lost in OT to both the Sharks and Coyotes, but beat the Knights, Stars, and the Avs twice. Who shows up for them, not sure. I also wonder at who Kuch or Ciernak or even Stammer tries to hurt tonight.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
gotta get at least 2 points in those 2 Florida games
honestly I don't know what to expect they have been
a tire fire since the break
It's wild how far they've fallen off since that game against Minnesota. Everything we complain about now, they were doing before the Canes game. They had great puck support, they were getting their noses dirty, they were getting into scrums, etc...

They've completely lost that drive in the limited viewing I've witnessed. Sad to see. Hopefully it comes back, but I have a hard time being optimistic when they're consistently coming out flat and being terribly outshot until they 'find their legs'.

But...they've gone through their slumps before only to find their game again. The schedule is much tougher now, so they better find it quickly, or they're going to free fall in the standings, which would be incredibly disappointing.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
From the Sabres, it would be great if they decide to show up for the 7:00 p.m. puck drop tonight. If they defer for 10 or 15 or 30 minutes to start the game, it's going to be messy. In the back of my mind, I'm hoping this isn't how they've treated their Florida trips in the last decade: no beach, no fishing charter, no Ybor. Act like professionals and focus on the task instead of the peripherals. Party time was in the Bahamas.

Tampa's been up and down - they got run by the Panthers coming out of the break, lost in OT to both the Sharks and Coyotes, but beat the Knights, Stars, and the Avs twice. Who shows up for them, not sure. I also wonder at who Kuch or Ciernak or even Stammer tries to hurt tonight.
gotta put Razor in gear for a special delivery

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
It's a Comrie night isn't it?

giphy.gif

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Stay tuned!

Well, putting UPL back in against Tampa after the debacle in Toronto might get the attention of the Finnish Ambassador due to Cruel and Unusual punishment, putting in Anderson could be Elder abuse, which Tampa has a ton of lawyers ready to take his case.

Comrie seems like the only non litigious option for the Sabres.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Obviously running the same lines out. I am about done with the Dahlin-Jokiharju pair but I'm also just about done with Jokiharju.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Obviously running the same lines out. I am about done with the Dahlin-Jokiharju pair but I'm also just about done with Jokiharju.

Joki has at least had a few strong games with Power. I can't recall him ever having a good game with Dahlin. He seems to drag Dahlin down with him as well, though I can't speak on their most recent stint together.

But, it is obvious to me that Joki needs to be upgraded. I thought so last season too, but thought he showed some promise with Power, so I was okay with Adams trialing him a bit longer. That's no longer the case, and I'm intrigued to see Adams next moves going forward. Some hearts are going to be broken, but this business cutthroat.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Starting a week ago, I was in the 716, 814, and 607 area codes for work and to see family. I picked up an 18 pack of Blue Light with the Sabres logo on it. Shared a few while I was traveling, and brought (4) of them back on my flight home. I returned Tuesday, put the Leafs game on, saw it was 4-0 with 5 min remaining in the 1st, and told my wife I didn't want to watch. She said, "But what if they have a big comeback?" I replied that, as a Buffalo sports fan, the allowed quota is one big comeback for any Buffalo team per generation. The next morning, I showed her a Blue Light Sabres can (garage fridge is for beverages of all types) and explained I would drink one after each Sabres win. I then admitted, after seeing the highlights from the 1st period of the Leafs game, that I hoped to finish all four of them by the time this season is over, but had serious doubts.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Starting a week ago, I was in the 716, 814, and 607 area codes for work and to see family. I picked up an 18 pack of Blue Light with the Sabres logo on it. Shared a few while I was traveling, and brought (4) of them back on my flight home. I returned Tuesday, put the Leafs game on, saw it was 4-0 with 5 min remaining in the 1st, and told my wife I didn't want to watch. She said, "But what if they have a big comeback?" I replied that, as a Buffalo sports fan, the allowed quota is one big comeback for any Buffalo team per generation. The next morning, I showed her a Blue Light Sabres can (garage fridge is for beverages of all types) and explained I would drink one after each Sabres win. I then admitted, after seeing the highlights from the 1st period of the Leafs game, that I hoped to finish all four of them by the time this season is over, but had serious doubts.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Joki has at least had a few strong games with Power. I can't recall him ever having a good game with Dahlin. He seems to drag Dahlin down with him as well, though I can't speak on their most recent stint together.

But, it is obvious to me that Joki needs to be upgraded. I thought so last season too, but thought he showed some promise with Power, so I was okay with Adams trialing him a bit longer. That's no longer the case, and I'm intrigued to see Adams next moves going forward. Some hearts are going to be broken, but this business cutthroat.
Not sure about that. I think he just needs to play 3rd pair minutes with a defensive D-man. Maybe that's included in what you said and meant. Part of the reason I like adding Chychrun is that he can slot guys down the entire Dcorps and provide flexibility with pairings and match-ups. I'd give examples but this isn't the thread for that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not sure about that. I think he just needs to play 3rd pair minutes with a defensive D-man. Maybe that's included in what you said and meant. Part of the reason I like adding Chychrun is that he can slot guys down the entire Dcorps and provide flexibility with pairings and match-ups. I'd give examples but this isn't the thread for that.

Similar for me with the thought of Fabbro - slides Henri down to the third pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad