Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] G Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen re-signs with the Sabres (5 years, $4.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I think it’s a good contract. But when you sign a goalie to starting goalie money with not a big track record, you have to expect it’s not always going to be great. Their will be turbulenc.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I know he was great last year, but giving him a 5 year, ~$5 million AAV deal based on one year seems bananas to me.

It’s not really just 1 year. UPL has a similar trajectory to another goalie the Sabres recently developed and lost in Ullmark. Both top prospects at a young age who played well internationally, then had hip surgery and everyone wrote them off in the 1-2 years it took after that to get back on track, and then they got back on track. I’m thrilled Adams isn’t repeating the mistake they made with Ullmark walking him to UFA.

Even if UPL regresses, we’ve got Levi still on his ELC, so we’re hardly sinking stupid money into goaltending.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
indecisive-i-dont-know.gif

Not bad. Goaltenders are tough though.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Decent contract. Now to see if he is closer to Demko or closer to Cal Petersen over the life of the contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad