Proposal: Buf - cbj

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
As a fellow cbj fan and fellow Mikey I would 2nd this trade. I saw another cbj poster (I think it was major major don't quote me if I'm wrong blame the lack of sleep going on here) mention the same idea in a thread shopping Sam and I think it's a good fit for both teams. Little adds on either side if nessasary. I'd hesitate to trade a U23 established top pair D but we desperately need a top young C and having the D we currently have gives us a chance to deal from a strength to weakness.

Now I haven't seen Reinhart sense VERY early last year is he still progressing fine or am I going to have to back track and say take backs?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
What about Ryan Murray for Sam Reinhart? Cbj needs a C while Buf needs some young top pairing LHD to pair with Risto. I'll do it as a Cbj fan

Pretty fair valuewise.
Can Cbus afford a hit like that on their back end, though?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Pretty fair valuewise.
Can Cbus afford a hit like that on their back end, though?

Both Werenski and JJ have been better than expected. If that continues, yes. If not, no.

The real risk is that we have no idea who will end up being the better player, Murray or Reinhart. Positionally it helps.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Ryan Murray has played 163 NHL games and has missed 91 NHL games due to injury. I think Buffalo passes for that reason alone.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I think that number is counting his rookie year when he was hurt before ever starting with the team he was just on the roster so that's not exactly accurate. Should we compare McDavids games played VS games missed to show value?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
A big advantage for Reinhart is that he will be exempt from the expansion draft while Murray will not. After some thought, because if this, I think there is no chance Reinhart is traded for anything. Might be better to think about next year.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
This is a move I'd seriously consider in the abstract, but the expansion draft value certainly makes it much harder to justify.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
A big advantage for Reinhart is that he will be exempt from the expansion draft while Murray will not. After some thought, because if this, I think there is no chance Reinhart is traded for anything. Might be better to think about next year.

You don't forego a top pair LHD so you can save the difference between Mccabe and Kulikov (or whoever else LV would pick if Mccabe isn't protected). You're going to lose one of those guys anyways.

Reinhart isn't being traded 100 games into his NHL career.

This is a real reason the trade would be unlikely. Neither player has topped out, and it's a really awkward time to trade both of them.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Not bad, but I think this trade would need to wait until after the expansion draft just so both teams can see:
1. How Murray recovers and plays.
2. How Reinhart plays.
3. What their needs are at the end of the season after the expansion draft.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not bad, but I think this trade would need to wait until after the expansion draft just so both teams can see:
1. How Murray recovers and plays.
2. How Reinhart plays.
3. What their needs are at the end of the season after the expansion draft.

I think waiting to see how their players develop is why this deal won't happen now.

But both teams also need help now. Murray is the more developed player right now, and Buffalo really needs a top pair LHD now. Reinhart isn't that great yet, but the Jackets do need better center options. Leaving aside the long term need for a #1C (which Reinhart may or may not be able to help with), the Jackets would be greatly helped this year if they got another 2C option. Karlsson, Sedlak, Wennberg, Dubinsky isn't good enough. We have Karlsson centering scoring wings, when he should be treated as the shutdown C that he is. If Reinhart can come in this year and score 40-50 pts that would be huge for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad