Confirmed with Link: Bryce Montgomery signs 3 year ELC

QuebeCaniac

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
Very specific salary, magic number within 3$ to max out the LTIR. Will be sent down before our first game, right? And get his AHL salary from that time on… Anyone understands why they included the 1M$ performance bonus that he will most definitely not obtain?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Very specific salary, magic number within 3$ to max out the LTIR. Will be sent down before our first game, right? And get his AHL salary from that time on… Anyone understands why they included the 1M$ performance bonus that he will most definitely not obtain?
He gets the maximum ELC salary of $950k, but the max allowed 10 percent or $95k is paid as signing bonus, so his official base salary is $855k. If that 854something is legit amount, there's probably some $20 type of joke in the play. I won't do the maths, I got a migraine.

The $1M performance bonus is the new $850k, so the maximum allowed individually negotiated ELC Schedule A performance bonus. He's prolly an ok individual negotiator.

Btw I don't think the current numbers on puckpedia are the correct final ones. Might be some of those numbers are placeholders until the actual details clear out. The lack of signing bonus for a rookie in need of money to settle himself down in his team's town is nonsensical.

Also, f*** you Washington Capitals.

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Honestly surprised by this as he never really seemed to have any standout traits?
I haven't caught any of the preseason this year, but I seem to remember him being one of the few guys willing to really throw his weight around in the preseason last year. Could be an intriguing add to the defense in a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad