Value of: Bryan Rust

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Rust re-signs in Pittsburgh, I think it will be 6x6. If Rust goes into UFA, I think it's between 6.5 and 7 over 7 years.

I'm hoping the Penguins re-sign him because 6x6 for Rust is super reasonable. I'd be ecstatic if they could get him for the same deal that Hyman got, but I think Rust is pretty clearly better than Hyman at this point.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If Rust re-signs in Pittsburgh, I think it will be 6x6. If Rust goes into UFA, I think it's between 6.5 and 7 over 7 years.

I'm hoping the Penguins re-sign him because 6x6 for Rust is super reasonable. I'd be ecstatic if they could get him for the same deal that Hyman got, but I think Rust is pretty clearly better than Hyman at this point.

Agree.

Internal - $6x6 and you get your comfort of staying with Sid and Guentzel.

External - $7x7 from someone in need of a top-line wing.

I look at JVR getting $7mil and think there's no way I would be asking for less if I was Rust and if a team was willing.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
7-8 years x $6M, with a good chunk of that in bonus money and front loaded as much as possible to keep the AAV down. I’m not worried about slowing down anytime in the next 5-6 years, after which Crosby & Malkin will be gone and the Pens will be in rebuilding mode and nowhere near the cap ceiling.

Andy P

Dec 21, 2018
This is going to be tricky... you have Zucker making 5.5 but then you have Guentzel making 6 mil. hard to imagine they would give him more than Guentz right? I think in order to get to that, they will have to stretch his years. 6-7 years at 6 mil for a team friendly contract. Anything else you have to let him walk

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
External - $7x7 from someone in need of a top-line wing.

I look at JVR getting $7mil and think there's no way I would be asking for less if I was Rust and if a team was willing.

I wonder when teams are gonna realize that these always turn in to awful deals. Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, JvR, Hayes.. So many more too.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wonder when teams are gonna realize that these always turn in to awful deals. Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, JvR, Hayes.. So many more too.

Pretty much every player you named are the larger players who tend to not age well save from Eriksson who was a concussion issue.

Rust isn't in that realm of players, but he is somewhat injury prone. I don't have an issue if the cap is held below the 6.5/7.0 threshold. Turns 30 in 3/4 months. I'd like to keep the term down to 5/6 as well. I'd love to see a 5.750 for 5/6 year term keeping him just below Jake's current contract of 6.0 x 5.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Probably stays in PIT. Somewhere between 5.5-6 on an 8-year deal sounds about right.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

Rust at 6 isn't ideal. I think he is gone. Curious what Bryan Rust is without Crosby to be honest. Dude is becoming fragile too.

Reactions: stardog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad