Post-Game Talk: Bruins win on the Tap in 1-0 - II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
because its friday, and they keep calling meetings i dont want to be in

oh oh yea yea work it work it (get some nightmares b***hes)

C0azvUN.gif

Oh my god! :laugh:

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Yes I think you are correct. Was it 2010 that GW left after the playoffs. For some reason I thought he stepped down after the cup run.

oh well I guess I just missremember.

At least they suckered um I mean were lucky enough to convince you to take the job.

GW definitely didn't step down until after they won the cup. That whole season was a rollercoaster with the Chara-Pax incident and the cup run and all the 911 stuff.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If you think about it for as well as Price has played (according to everyone) and as mediocre as Rask has played (according to everyone) both have given up 10 goals this series.

Seriously. Rask and his gf just had their first child. I know we like to pretend Tuukka's got a milk crate for a heart but damn. Anyone who's experienced that can probably tell you it's one of the most incredible and overwhelming times in your life. I'm almost certain Tuukka is actually a human being and it probably was no easier for him, especially with the looming road games right when his gf was due. If he hasn't seemed 100% focused its probably cause he wasn't. Not exactly the most ideal time to be playing a challenging team for him. Dude's probably had a couple things on his mind other than hockey this past week :laugh:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I agree that the Habs don't have Bruins firepower / skill level. Your 5v5 and PP are quite admirable and I'm bit jealous.

I'll take your word on it for the best comback team. Yet, I'll wait for the Bruins to take the lead more often and see if Habs can comeback before saying they can't. I don't like small sample sizes.

This said, Bruins have the pressure of the *top team*, Habs are just enjoying themselves and happily giving you problems. If Bruins don't start playing like a top team, they might lose this series and if they do, it will be entirely on them. ;)

As for hitting the posts, it only means your team can't finish properly. An inch to the left, it's a goal, an inch to the right, it doesn't even touch the post because the goaler was doing his job. Counting posts is just a way to justify that you were *unlucky*.

No small sample. Full season sample...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...t=winsAfterTrail2P&viewName=recordWhenLeading

Boston with 7 comeback wins trailing after two (best winning percentage in the league at .304) and Habs one of the worst (24th) at .097.

There is a reason we are the best 3rd period team in the league. We can come back and we hold on leads. That and the +66 goal differential speak for themselves.

Habs are good holding on leads leading after two. Not so much from behind...

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
I was at the Bell Centre and knew heading into OT that it was it soon was going to be a party or a funeral.

I never knew funerals could be so much fun...

Hamilton will win the Norris one day. He is that good, and is getting better and better. As he gains confidence he adds more tools to his game. He really is starting to use his size and hit players.

I was watching the bruins skate around the ice prior to the anthems being sung and noticed Hamilton was standing on the blueline ready for the anthem, he wasn't moving. Just getting his head into it, visualizing the game ahead.

i knew he was going to have a great game,1st shift hits 2 habs and several others during the game, he was making great passes great decisions with and without the puck. his gap control was also very good. probably the best on both teams.

It was really a treat watching Hamilton play. the kid will be great.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Oh my god! :laugh:
My thoughts exactly. You are one sick ****, CF.

I was at the Bell Centre and knew heading into OT that it was it soon was going to be a party or a funeral.

I never knew funerals could be so much fun...

Hamilton will win the Norris one day. He is that good, and is getting better and better. As he gains confidence he adds more tools to his game. He really is starting to use his size and hit players.

I was watching the bruins skate around the ice prior to the anthems being sung and noticed Hamilton was standing on the blueline ready for the anthem, he wasn't moving. Just getting his head into it, visualizing the game ahead.

i knew he was going to have a great game,1st shift hits 2 habs and several others during the game, he was making great passes great decisions with and without the puck. his gap control was also very good. probably the best on both teams.

It was really a treat watching Hamilton play. the kid will be great.

So glad to read this. Thanks for sharing, fun times.

ckyak

Journeymen rise up!
Feb 14, 2008
Nottingham, NH
Seriously. Rask and his gf just had their first child. I know we like to pretend Tuukka's got a milk crate for a heart but damn. Anyone who's experienced that can probably tell you it's one of the most incredible and overwhelming times in your life. I'm almost certain Tuukka is actually a human being and it probably was no easier for him, especially with the looming road games right when his gf was due. If he hasn't seemed 100% focused its probably cause he wasn't. Not exactly the most ideal time to be playing a challenging team for him. Dude's probably had a couple things on his mind other than hockey this past week :laugh:

New parents don't sleep much. Wonder how he's managing that?

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
we need a good start and get some goals and put the pedal down and get another great game from Rask. I thinking we should get another must win Game.
Game 5 almost is a must win,if Montreal wins tomorrow, considering we eked out a win in game 4 and generally played bad in game 3,I don't want to go back to Montreal trailing 3-2.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011

Hey Camfan will you be working on avatars for the Montreal fans to wear once they lose the series and the Avatar Challenge? =)

I'm really pumped with this win! I think this gives us momentum going forward. It's a best out of 3 series now and with the home ice edge, I think we take it.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
I agree that the Habs don't have Bruins firepower / skill level. Your 5v5 and PP are quite admirable and I'm bit jealous.

I'll take your word on it for the best comback team. Yet, I'll wait for the Bruins to take the lead more often and see if Habs can comeback before saying they can't. I don't like small sample sizes.

This said, Bruins have the pressure of the *top team*, Habs are just enjoying themselves and happily giving you problems. If Bruins don't start playing like a top team, they might lose this series and if they do, it will be entirely on them. ;)

As for hitting the posts, it only means your team can't finish properly. An inch to the left, it's a goal, an inch to the right, it doesn't even touch the post because the goaler was doing his job. Counting posts is just a way to justify that you were *unlucky*.

This entire post = whistling past the graveyard

I know if the Habs had hit 10 posts in 4 games, I would consider the Bs extremely lucky to be tied 2-2.

Last edited:

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Easy answer, not all of their fans speak/read French. Most people in Quebec, especially in the Montreal area, speak at least a little bit of English. But not everyone can speak/read French.

Actually the area around downtown Montreal, Crescent street, near the old Forum is predominantly English-speaking as is West Montreal for the most part. It's basically French everywhere else mind you however most people can speak both languages. By comparison there is almost ZERO French people in Toronto where I live. Hell you're more opt to find someone speaking Mandarin or Cantonese (York region) before you hear a single word en francais.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad