Post-Game Talk: Bruins win 3-1 - Tuukka gets his birthday wish

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
btw was the dive called on soup the right call? in real time it looked like he didn't dive.

I didn't think it was a dive. He got up right away.

Campbell is not known as a PK......um, diver.

ScratchyOptimalGroundbeetle.gif

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I truly hope these will be lines once everybody is back healthy.
I really like the look and balance of each line.
Looch needs to stay away from the 1st line action and play his north south game with hitting behind it.
I truly believe Eriksson has what it takes to compliment Krecji and as long as Loui stays healthy why not attempt this.
Our D core still needs to address some issues but they are playing somewhat a better game, however, still slow at times.

I think the D is slowly but surely getting better.Seidenberg has been better lately.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Tough gritty win. We got a little help from the posts and a lot from Tuukka. Give the Sens credit, they came hard all game.

I'm excited to see our forward group with the additions of Krejci and Connolly. Our D core however...oh man. They held it together tonight, but boy do they look SLOW. And they're not overly physical either. Need to move that puck quicker and smarter then.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I didn't think it was a dive. He got up right away.

Campbell is not known as a PK......um, diver.

ScratchyOptimalGroundbeetle.gif

I honestly think he just tripped over Karlsson's stick :laugh:. Karlsson didn't even look like he was trying to trip him.

Neither penalty needed to be called IMO. But we scored on the 4 on 4 so alright :)

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
solid win for the good guys tonight. don't look now but we're closer to #7 than we are to #9. No long cup run is in the cards due to Rask being so over worked, but at least we can play the role of spoiler in the 1st couple of rounds. I'll settle for that at this point.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think the D is slowly but surely getting better.Seidenberg has been better lately.

Probably a combination of Seidenberg having confidence in the rehabbed knee, and playing the right-side with Bartkowski. Maybe it's just me but he looks much more comfortable and confident playing on the right side.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
solid win for the good guys tonight. don't look now but we're closer to #7 than we are to #9. No long cup run is in the cards due to Rask being so over worked, but at least we can play the role of spoiler in the 1st couple of rounds. I'll settle for that at this point.

I haven't given up hope of a deep playoff run.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
How do you scratch spooner when Krejci gets back? The way clode plays his 4th line there is no chance he scratches campbell.

Should be for playoffs:

Marchand Bergeron Smith
Eriksson Krejci Connolly
Lucic Spooner Pastrnak
Kelly Soderberg Talbot

:clap:Nice lines

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I haven't given up hope of a deep playoff run.

impossible. Who would play goal? while everyone wastes their breath over the D-corps the fact remains: Rask is on pace for 67 games, the most he's ever played is 58 last year. We've seen him have great regular seasons (hell Vezina winning regular seasons) playing a full load and peter out in the playoffs. we've seen him have one hell of a long playoff run coming 2 games short of a cup, but what we've never seen him do is have a full load in a regular season AND a long playoff run. The B's can fix their D issues overnight and it will still be for nothing.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
impossible. Who would play goal? while everyone wastes their breath over the D-corps the fact remains: Rask is on pace for 67 games, the most he's ever played is 58 last year. We've seen him have great regular seasons (hell Vezina winning regular seasons) playing a full load and peter out in the playoffs. we've seen him have one hell of a long playoff run coming 2 games short of a cup, but what we've never seen him do is have a full load in a regular season AND a long playoff run. The B's can fix their D issues overnight and it will still be for nothing.

Rask is the least of our concerns, going into the playoffs.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Are you sure the sample size is large enough to characterize Rask's game that way ? What kind of playoff success did Tim Thomas have prior to the Cup win in 2011? Thomas actually got stronger as the playoffs went on.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good win. Spooner was exceptional.

Campbell had the 3rd most TOI behind Marchand and Bergeron.

WTF. Just WTF.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Are you sure the sample size is large enough to characterize Rask's game that way ? What kind of playoff success did Tim Thomas have prior to the Cup win in 2011? Thomas actually got stronger as the playoffs went on.

you're making a great case for TT to lead us to the promised land....again. But Tim Thomas ain't walking through that door people! :laugh:

OutspokenMinority*

i didn't think it was a dive in real time but looking at that gif i can do without the little pirouette.

such is the problem with the dive call (especially irt. slo-mo). your pirouette is my compete.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
you're making a great case for TT to lead us to the promised land....again. But Tim Thomas ain't walking through that door people! :laugh:

Fine but I think there could be many reasons as to why the Bruins will or will not succeed in the playoffs but I just don't think it is predetermined based on the number of games Rask has played this year.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Good game Bruins fans. Always fun to play against you lads. The better team clearly won tonight. Good luck in the playoffs :yo:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good win. Spooner was exceptional.

Campbell had the 3rd most TOI behind Marchand and Bergeron.

WTF. Just WTF.

He was 3rd in the Detroit game as well.

We know Claude thinks Spooner is a defensive liability and that line has had trouble getting out of Boston's zone at times.

But Campbell and Crew have been just as bad at getting hemmed in their zone if not worse.

Nice to see Claude reward Campbell after almost costing the Bruins a game on Saturday against Philly with a terrible icing and lost face-of leading to their 2nd goal. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad