Post-Game Talk: Bruins vs Penguins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Rask was spectacular. He needs to play like this for awhile.
For 15 minutes, Pens could enter Bruins zone with to much speed.
Good on CJ, changed lines, shortened the bench and gap in the neutral zone was harder. Bruins defence, Chara ahead became more comfortable.

Happy for Bergeron. He is now playing with REAL offensive wingers and it paid out! LOL

And PB first goal was the result of a) Lucic paying the price and b) NHL wrist shot.

As for 53 and 61, well, when bench was cut, Bruins looked way better.

Rask has played well pretty much all season (a few hiccups here and there), has kept this team in games they didn`t deserve to be in far more than having lost them any

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
apparantly Loui took a slash which forced him out, anyone know where he took the slash as I missed the game?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I "think" the win crept this team back into an 8th spot for the playoffs???

as underwhelming/difficult of a season as this has been thus far, still in er

For sure, just get a ticket to the show that's all I care. We definitely need Bart in there though. Puck movement is lacking severely. I would love to trade for an offensive dman but I say that all the time lol

Last edited:

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
I like the fact that our best players played their best. Even Chara with all his gaffs looked like he was hustling as best he could.

That's what I need as a fan, a decent effort most nights. Not only from a born and raised, card carrying, MA native, but from a viewer of the product itself. I think "entertainment" is too casual of a word for the content, it's more than that. Like your kids or coworkers, or anyone you're involved with, you want to see them try their best. If they try their best you can get behind them. Don't get me wrong, I watch them regardless, but it becomes a chore when their playing lackadaisically or in an unknown funk. It's so much more all encompassing and "entertaining" when they're giving it their best.

Last night, was the first time in a while I spoke to my TV in a positive manner. Rather than the lately and all too common kneejerk: "for god's sake will you shoot the puck" . At some point McQuad got a wrist shot through to the net. I found myself saying "Atta boy MAC". It was an innocuous play, had little effect on the game itself, but I was behind them all the way at that point.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Im sorry what? Smith and Marchand are less offensive wingers than Lucic and Paille? Gimmie a break.

-------------
I was joking .... I was referring to another poll .... That line of this post was pretty sarcastic. But if I had to choose one of 63 and 17, while I really like 63, my choice would still be 17. So referring to who is the best LW on the bees, except for this year, 17 has the edge. As for Paille, well it's Paille.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Rask has played well pretty much all season (a few hiccups here and there), has kept this team in games they didn`t deserve to be in far more than having lost them any

---
I disagree with you ODAAT.

I thought Rask gave way to much bad goals at bad moments. That said, Bruins is not in this position because of Rask, but I do beleive taht Rask playing Rask is needed as part of the solution to Bruins problem till they fix a bit of what is broken.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Clodefish

Get on the bandwagon.

Also Looch was great tonight.

Was there ever any doubt? You can't invent a mascot this good and not have instant results. I mean he influenced 3 goal revews, how do you beat that? THE FISH

Rask critics.. any complaints? This team didn't deserve to win tonight but thanks to our ELITE goalie we got the two points.

I think he's been great. Did people complain about the Malkin goal, which is basically only stoppable by Ben Bishop's shoulder most likely?

Let me get this right...fans are pissed when the Bruins lose..now they're pissed that the Bruins WON a game? Am I reading this correctly??

Yeah this is HF standard now.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Anyone remember this place when Joe Sacco was hired? People hated the move and Avs' fans said the same thing. The guy was trash they said. With all the defensive and offensive breakdowns, any chance this team could be partly Joe's fault? Say what you want about CJ, he's had success here and on an international stage. Sacco as assistant coach is the new piece in this coaching puzzle and it may not fit.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I don't know how anyone can come away from that game impressed. They still got outplayed and outskated with Griffith and Cunningham riding the pine. Sometimes shortening the bench and blowing up the lines works though. Those two were alienated because of their age and experience (though Griffith I thought was tentative in the early going). There was clearly a little more energy and desperation defensively after that, but it wasn't because of who was benched IMO.

I just find it odd that approach is never taken with the likes of Gagne, Paille, Campbell, and Kelly. This team isn't as deep as it was in the past. Sometimes rolling three lines for a period or two can spark more out of your top guys.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
So what do you think is worse?

Being a Bruins fan and losing to Carolina.

Or

Being a Pens fan and losing to the really awful Bruins on home ice?

Nice to see the Bruins get a win though-it wasn't a pretty win but Tuukka played well and we somehow scored goals. Still really not sure how the Bruins pulled it off but they got more goals. Tuukka earned his paycheck.

Good news is at least New Jersey is old and slow-so Bruins might have a chance to finally win the back half of a back to back.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Well that game was a mixed bag if I've ever seen one.

After the first 10 minutes it could have been 3-0 or 3-1 Pittsburgh but Rask made some big saves and the Pens missed the net. The Penguins had Rask dead to rights due to poor defensive coverage, no one close enough to interfere with the shot-taker, and yet they didn't manage to score.

When the Bruins counterattacked the Penguins were caught off-balance, the Pens didn't have to defend much in the game and Boston made the most of its limited opportunities which is a positive.

Lucic woke up (although if the team has to be called out by the owner you had better wake up). The proof that he turns a corner will be if he plays well for more than 2 or 3 games.

Bruins got the bounces in this one and Pittsburgh had a goal called off that should have counted.

I realize that the team could use a big player up front that can skate and a top 4 defenseman (I think every team would say that) but the team can't continue to get outshot for long stretches by a 2 to 1 margin and hope for success.

The goaltenders are part of the game (too influential in my opinion) and that was a goaltending performance that got 2 points for Boston, same as the 1 point in Carolina. Rask was outstanding and the difference but it isn't repeatable....if the team performs like that they will get blown out.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Looch has always been a hot/cold player. Got a feeling that last night the dial was set to hot for the rest of the year :yo:

Like, the entire season? Are you joking?

Let's see if we can get that effort for two straight games first. As it is it wasn't even there in the 1st period.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He got baseball batted in the hands that as I am sure you could have guessed went unnoticed by our dear friends the referees.

It's time IMO for supplemental discipline for slashes that result in games lost by a player due to injury.

It bugs me that two slashes on Bruins players were ignored by the refs and while the one on Loui was kind of sneaky the one on Marchand was right in front of the ref.

But we lost Krug for a few weeks after a nasty uncalled slash and we may have lost Loui (who happens to be our third leading scorer). The slash on Loui if I remember right was during a PP-we might have gotten one of those illusive 5 on 3 PPs that other teams get.

But it really bothers me that you can give a nasty slash, injure a player and keep suiting up for your games as if nothing happened.

Hope Loui's slash didn't break anything and he gets better quick (although I suspect we may not see him tonight broken bones or not).

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Like, the entire season? Are you joking?

Let's see if we can get that effort for two straight games first. As it is it wasn't even there in the 1st period.

Not saying I think he's going to get 2 points a game the rest of the season, just that maybe he's going to wake up compared to the way he's been this year so far.

(jeez, every time I try this thing called "optimism" I get beat down ;))

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Are people ever going to be happy ? We lose we s*** we win we s****. So many experts in player personal moves so many experts on how to play the game so many experts on how to coach a team so many experts on what other teams management thinks of our players.

Board at an all time high ... keep up the good work :handclap:

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Not saying I think he's going to get 2 points a game the rest of the season, just that maybe he's going to wake up compared to the way he's been this year so far.

(jeez, every time I try this thing called "optimism" I get beat down ;))

I hear ya...I appreciate the optimism I'm just reaching my fill with Lucic talk and took it out on you. At this point we need to accept that he can't and won't bring it every night so the Bruins will need to decide how handsomely to pay a part-time player. And I won't lie, I'm bracing myself to see them re-sign him to some deal that will set the team back for years.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Anyone remember this place when Joe Sacco was hired? People hated the move and Avs' fans said the same thing. The guy was trash they said. With all the defensive and offensive breakdowns, any chance this team could be partly Joe's fault? Say what you want about CJ, he's had success here and on an international stage. Sacco as assistant coach is the new piece in this coaching puzzle and it may not fit.

I always liked Ramsay-maybe he wants out of Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad