Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
See you could get him cheap.

But what is the point when he doesn't make you better? I'm not playing him Heinen, Nash, Backes, Schaller, Kuraly, or Acciari. I'd rather Cehlarik or Bjork get a chance over him. He's an upgrade on Vatrano, who has been equally productive in 20 games as as Stewart has been in his last 32.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Brent Seabrook will be a healthy scratch Tuesday night versus Ottawa.
Seabrook has struggled this season, while collecting just one goal and 11 points through 41 contests. He hasn't picked up a point in the last nine games. Seabrook has a minus-4 rating and has been held to one shot or less eight times during that span.
Source: Mark Lazerus on Twitter

Seabrook on the books for nearly 7mil through 2024-2025 ouch!:huh:

Reactions: TCB and sarge88

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Seabrook has struggled this season, while collecting just one goal and 11 points through 41 contests. He hasn't picked up a point in the last nine games. Seabrook has a minus-4 rating and has been held to one shot or less eight times during that span.

Other rumors have Chiarelli inquiring about his availability...

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Chicago will be an interesting study to see how their rabid fan base deals with non playoff appearances.

They kept it afloat a good 10 years.

Can memories keep the fans coming while they rebuild

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont

Sounds right up Chia's alley.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Just looking at DeBrusk, he averaged 12:30 during the 6 games Krejci was out. That's not much different than Nash's 13. The most he played was 15:45 and the lowest during that span was 9:05. He never played "7-8 mins a night."

With regard to your point about them being not very strong in their own zone, he also was a +5 in those 6 games. They may have been hemmed in, but we just saw Pittsburgh hem in the Krejci line for extended periods the other night. Everybody but the Bergeron line gets hemmed in from time to time. DeBrusk scored 5 points in those 6 games and the +5 would suggest that they did some hemming of their own as well.

At the end of the day, they played 3rd line minutes and produced like a 1st/2nd line in both points and plus/minus. Small sample and all, but IMO worthy of a longer look. Heinen and Backes would also get a bump in TOI if they played with Krejci so if heavy minutes are your thing that increase might offset the lighter 3rd line at least in terms of ice time.
You only mention Debrusk’s ice time, one example, the game against the Caps, Bjork had 6+ min, DeBrusk 7+ min and Spooner under 10 mins. Take into account DeBrusk ‘s and Spooner’s PP time, they were playing 4th line minutes and very gauarded mins at that.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
From Elliotte Friedman's latest 31 Thoughts:

A name starting to creep out there: Brock Nelson. With Johnny Boychuk and Calvin de Haan out, the Islanders need help on the blue line. There will be interest. He’s a good player, slotted behind John Tavares and Mathew Barzal. I’m not even sure he’d be available if the Islanders weren’t in a “missing the playoffs is not an option” stage, although he is one year from unrestricted free agency. I’m told Nelson is very hard on himself, which can affect anyone, but I’ll always take that over someone who doesn’t care enough.

And from Pierre LeBrun:

BruinsNetwork

I’m not quite sure Sweeney will be moving any prospects at the deadline, unless there’s a deal for a player that improves now and well into the future. Carolina was a team that scouted the P-Bruins rather-frequently at the start of the season, then that kind of tapered off. Recently, I heard there was some dialogue between those teams but they didnt get very far whatsoever.

The biggest issue thats thrown in the way of Sweeney is the Heinen-factor. Given his play, and no signs of slowing down, this is another top-6 forward capable of posting high-point totals who will need to be paid (significantly) in just two seasons.

Normally, that isn’t an issue. However with McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk, JFK, Bjork, Cehlarik & Heinen all needing deals within a two-year span of each other— there is a potential of not being able to afford everyone.

There are some contracts that will be off the books soon, like Seidenberg, Hayes, McQuaid, K. Miller & Beleskey. That will help. If these young players continue to develop this rapidly and play at a high-level, that will contribute to the level of haste in which Sweeney makes a trade.

Obviously, there is no reason to complain about this situation and nor am I doing so. I’m just saying that somethings gotta give, and the Bruins will have to move one of these promising young-players or prospects rather soon.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
From Elliotte Friedman's latest 31 Thoughts:

A name starting to creep out there: Brock Nelson. With Johnny Boychuk and Calvin de Haan out, the Islanders need help on the blue line. There will be interest. He’s a good player, slotted behind John Tavares and Mathew Barzal. I’m not even sure he’d be available if the Islanders weren’t in a “missing the playoffs is not an option” stage, although he is one year from unrestricted free agency. I’m told Nelson is very hard on himself, which can affect anyone, but I’ll always take that over someone who doesn’t care enough.

And from Pierre LeBrun:

Boychuk to TO would bother me.

Reactions: sarge88

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Chris Stewart would be skewered here for being lazy and unmotivated for 75 percent of his shifts in less than a week. There was a time where it looked like he could be another Nathan Horton ( the good and the bad ) but those days are LONG gone. If anyone thinks he would be a good pickup, they are completely out of touch with reality and current events.

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
I propose a good trade for two teams ( Edmonton oilers Boston bruins )

Trade Sponner 2,825 millions rfa Debrusk 0.825 millions for 3 years and Celharick 0,792 for 2 years next years the Mcdavid contrat 15.000 millions so you have to lower the salary mass

Milan Lucic 6.000 millions for 5 years a real Bruins and Ryan Storme 3.000 millions rfa better player than his record indicates

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Lucic Kreci Borjk
Heinen Storme Backes
Schaller Kuraly Nash ( Acciari )

Stewart play ( Wilson Reaves Martin )

Lucic now is better a Debrusk Storme better player center a Sponner or Nash

Trade : Dump salary 75 % 3 900 ( 3.125 ) Belesky 3.125 m and Vatrano 0.842 for Stewart ( Minnesota Wild ) 1.100 M

Salary Lucic 6000
Storme 3000
Stewart 1100 Total 10.100 ------- Belesky 3.125 Spooner 2.825 debrusk 0.825
Celharick 0.792 Vatrano 0.842 Total 8.409

10 100 ----- 8.409 = 1.691 Boston Bruins space cap is ok 1 .837

Chara Mcavoy Krug Carlo Grzelcky Miller ( McQuaid )

prospect Donato, Seneyshyn, J f K . Czarnik ,

Good luck to the play off

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I propose a good trade for two teams ( Edmonton oilers Boston bruins )

Trade Sponner 2,825 millions rfa Debrusk 0.825 millions for 3 years and Celharick 0,792 for 2 years next years the Mcdavid contrat 15.000 millions so you have to lower the salary mass

Milan Lucic 6.000 millions for 5 years a real Bruins and Ryan Storme 3.000 millions rfa better player than his record indicates

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Lucic Kreci Borjk
Heinen Storme Backes
Schaller Kuraly Nash ( Acciari )

Stewart play ( Wilson Reaves Martin )

Lucic now is better a Debrusk Storme better player center a Sponner or Nash

Trade : Dump salary 75 % 3 900 ( 3.125 ) Belesky 3.125 m and Vatrano 0.842 for Stewart ( Minnesota Wild ) 1.100 M

Salary Lucic 6000
Storme 3000
Stewart 1100 Total 10.100 ------- Belesky 3.125 Spooner 2.825 debrusk 0.825
Celharick 0.792 Vatrano 0.842 Total 8.409

10 100 ----- 8.409 = 1.691 Boston Bruins space cap is ok 1 .837

Chara Mcavoy Krug Carlo Grzelcky Miller ( McQuaid )

prospect Donato, Seneyshyn, J f K . Czarnik ,

Good luck to the play off

forgot to include the thank you letter and the hug to Minnesota for taking that hugely crappy deal... even with your magic theres no way the team can take on 10.1 million dollars in salary while sending out only 7.5. even if you want to reduce our roster from 23 players to 20 its just not feesible

definitely leave strome out of the deal. hes been even worst in Edmonton then his reputation was from new York.

all in all though this is a mess of a proposal. lucic is tied up in a contract for 5 years. even if you think he might waive his ntc to come east, you are going to be tied to him in 3 years when mcavoy, Bjork, jfk, heinen, carlo and all the other current kids are going into their second term deals. its just a very ugly deal.

Reactions: Strafer

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Why do we need a fighter when we have McQuaid who will be in there once an injury occurs on defense

He would tune Chris Stewart up like a piano.
I love Quaider but he does not beat up Stewart in a fight........best case scenario a draw/slight edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad