Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
with the Break coming for the Bruins what moves are there for DS to make will he need to add or will he just let this team move forward as is
Elliot freeman was on today he basically figured if the bruins did anything it would be similar to last yrs drew Stafford move citing Thomas Vanek as a possibility. (Moving a late rd pick.)

He also reiterated there's no way the Bruins are trading any of their top prospects for a rental/rentals.

Reactions: DKH

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Elliot freeman was on today he basically figured if the bruins did anything it would be similar to last yrs drew Stafford move siting Thomas Vanek as a possibility. (Moving a late rd pick.)

He also reiterated there's no way the Bruins are trading any of their top prospects for a rental/rentals.

And I'm totally ok with this.

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And I'm totally ok with this.

Same.

There really isn't a whole lot in the rental market worth moving high end prospects and picks for now that my boy De Haan is reportedly out for the season.

If I'm Sweeney I'm concentrating on the guys who are signed through 2018-19. Think Wayne Simmonds. Guys you can bring in to help you win now, but are off the books when it's time for the McAvoy/Carlo/Heinen/ extensions.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Wonder what the guys in the room think. The vets specifically. Of course they would say the team can win as is and lets go. But what might they say 10 years from now. Maybe something like " woulda helped big if Sweeney went and got..." or "we were just a _______ away from ________". IDK, just wonder what their perspective is. Either way the light is turned on and the vets must be pumped to be in the big mix.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Elliot freeman was on today he basically figured if the bruins did anything it would be similar to last yrs drew Stafford move citing Thomas Vanek as a possibility. (Moving a late rd pick.)

Boo.

I'd be happy if they did nothing and let the kids play.

I'd be happy to see them use the excess of futures to land a big fish that would be part of the team long term.

Not a big fan of spending assets on rentals like Stafford or Vanek.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I'd like to know why Heinen and Backes aren't allowed to play higher than the 3rd line.

I'd like to know why DeBrusk isn't allowed to play any lower than the 2nd line.

It sounds like they're going to go spend a pick or two on someone to play with Krejci when Heinen and Backes could be a perfect fit. And DeBrusk, Spooner Bjork could be a great 3rd line. They were very effective/productive as a 2nd line when DK46 was out.

Why isn't it worth looking at those combinations before we trade away assets for a temporary fix?

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I'd like to know why Heinen and Backes aren't allowed to play higher than the 3rd line.

It sounds like they're going to go spend a pick or two on someone to play with Krejci when Heinen and Backes could be a perfect fit. And DeBrusk, Spooner Bjork could be a great 3rd line. They were very effective/productive as a 2nd line when DK46 was out.

Why isn't it worth looking at those combinations before we trade away assets for a temporary fix?

I think, as others do, that there are better line combinations to be had between the 2nd/3rd lines, but while they have been on quite a roll, why mess with it?

Maybe with the break they can tinker with it. I like 51/74/20 as a 3rd and 46/42/43... But Spooner and Krejci cycling has been pretty darn good too, maybe just swap Heinen in for DeBrusk would help with zone exits and get DeBrusk some more heavies for his linemates.

Still don't see them adding to the forwards without moving Spooner. Spooner+Seny for Hoffman makes a lot of sense for both teams.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I don't think messing with the forwards is a good idea. Bruins have to continue to stick with the chemistry and youth, up front...it melds well with Cassidy's, all out, creative, offense approach...

Maybe they could upgrade a spot on D? But that's really trying to force things. I like Krug a lot, really impressed that he's developed such a defense capable aspect to his game that is arguably better than his offensive game. But there lies the thing, his slapshot went the way of Chara's...seemingly maimed after injury. I was happy to see him snap a nice wrister home a few weeks back...but what was one of the main parts of his game seems hobbled. If the Bruins could upgrade that spot, I'd consider it.

Other than that, DS should view this as an important time to move some passed-over guys for picks/prospects.

I love McQuaid, but it's time. He's too expensive strictly as an insurance policy. I wouldn't take Griz out of this lineup...and the calls to sit Carlo are obsurd. Vatrano. Float Postma. Etc. Turn these guys around.

The deadline always is about defensemen, and there are always too few to go around.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'd be curious what move David Poile would make if he was Boston's GM. That is a man who is not afraid to make a "hockey trade" and his track record is pretty good.

Reactions: Fenian24

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

Rivals have been trying to land notable prospects of the Boston Bruins via trade, but it sounds like the team has been shutting those efforts down.

During a Monday appearance on NHL Network, it was pointed out to Elliotte Friedman that the Bruins have been reported to be seeking a top-six winger or a Top 4 defenseman, which most clubs could use.

“I looked into this today and the No. 1 thing I was told is don’t think you’re getting their prospects,” said Friedman. “Last year, Colorado and them were talking Matt Duchene and they asked about Brandon Carlo and Boston said ‘We’re not doing that.’ And they’re not doing that now. Charlie McAvoy is not going anywhere. Brandon Carlo is not going anywhere.

“Someone told me that they think there was a team last year that made a play for Trent Frederic, a Boston first-rounder last year, who just finished up strong at the world juniors, and Boston said, ‘We’re not doing that.’

“So I think if Boston does anything – unless it’s an absolute stunner of a move – last year they made a Drew Stafford trade for a late-round draft pick. I could see them trying that, like a Thomas Vanek or something like that.

“They were looking for a left-shot D, but Matt Grzelcyk has been playing well for them lately and if that continues, I see them keeping it internal as opposed to going anywhere for a big swing somewhere else.”

Friedman | Bruins Not Including Top Prospects In Trades

Reactions: TCB

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

I don't think that they really have distinct second or third line right now. It's just middle-6 that's deployed pretty evenly. Moving players around in the middle six shouldn't be seen as a promotion or a demotion. I would like to see Heinen and Backes tried with Krejci though. I have a feeling that Heinen will provide a huge boost to his linemates puck possession numbers throughout his career.

Simmonds is the only target I'd be enthused to add to the team, but if that's not happening then I would like to seem them do nothing.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
It annoys me that the Bruins may not do anything come deadline. This team right now is legit. But there are a few players out there that could make them extra dangerous ala TB, Caps.
I like the Kassian talk. He's not great, but he adds some serious jam to the bottom of our line up. He's a decent PK'er as well and has some speed.
I like Chris Stewart. Yeah he's older, slower, but he's a tough SOB who still has decent hands and produced ok in the playoffs before.
I'd like to either change the lines or upgrade the 3rd line Centre. Nash doesn't belong above the 4th line, and right now with Kuraly playing great, I think Nash could go.
If OEL/Hjalmarsson is on the market, I'd toss them a Krug/Spooner/prospect package. I think the hammer would be a better fit, true shutdown guy.
I obviously would love Kane/Simmonds/Lucic here to play with Krejci but if we can land Hjalmarsson +Kassian/Stewart, I'd be very happy with the new line up and consider them battle ready for the playoffs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It annoys me that the Bruins may not do anything come deadline. This team right now is legit. But there are a few players out there that could make them extra dangerous ala TB, Caps.
I like the Kassian talk. He's not great, but he adds some serious jam to the bottom of our line up. He's a decent PK'er as well and has some speed.
I like Chris Stewart. Yeah he's older, slower, but he's a tough SOB who still has decent hands and produced ok in the playoffs before.
I'd like to either change the lines or upgrade the 3rd line Centre. Nash doesn't belong above the 4th line, and right now with Kuraly playing great, I think Nash could go.
If OEL/Hjalmarsson is on the market, I'd toss them a Krug/Spooner/prospect package. I think the hammer would be a better fit, true shutdown guy.
I obviously would love Kane/Simmonds/Lucic here to play with Krejci but if we can land Hjalmarsson +Kassian/Stewart, I'd be very happy with the new line up and consider them battle ready for the playoffs.

Chris Stewart? 11 pts in almost 40 playoff games has "produced ok"?

Not sure it will last but as of right now, Nash has had great chemistry with Backes and Heinen so whether you/I feel it`s the perfect spot for him, sure looks to be right now

I think the B`s have about a million in cap space so for me to expect any big move a) isn`t reasonable and b) not sure it`s necessary

While I absolutely love the way this team has played, it`s still young, still learning and I`m not sure going out and zipping picks/prospects for a run at it this year is the thing to do. My opinion might not be a popular one but I look for a cheap depth signing up front, let the cards fall where they may with whom they have

Are the Bruins legit cup contenders? If the playoffs started today yes, half a season left to go and this is a team who I think will still have their hands full vs teams like the Leafs and Caps, have to show this fan they can beat those teams with consistency

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I don't think that they really have distinct second or third line right now. It's just middle-6 that's deployed pretty evenly.

I have a feeling that Heinen will provide a huge boost to his linemates puck possession numbers throughout his career.

Simmonds is the only target I'd be enthused to add to the team, but if that's not happening then I would like to seem them do nothing.

I agree with all of your post except the bolded. With regard to Backes, Cassidy said the other day, "we like him on our 3rd line." So he sees a distinction in the lines. Bergeron's line averages 15 mins a night at even strength. Krejci's 14, Nash 13 and Kuraly's 11.

Fwiw, I starting to cringe when I hear Cassidy use that line. "We like him at...." It's like a code for "We've decided to be pretty inflexible with regard to that player." We like DeBrusk with Krejci. We like Czarnik at center.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I agree with all of your post except the bolded. With regard to Backes, Cassidy said the other day, "we like him on our 3rd line." So he sees a distinction in the lines. Bergeron's line averages 15 mins a night at even strength. Krejci's 14, Nash 13 and Kuraly's 11.

Fwiw, I starting to cringe when I hear Cassidy use that line. "We like him at...." It's like a code for "We've decided to be pretty inflexible with regard to that player." We like DeBrusk with Krejci. We like Czarnik at center.

With all the young forwards knocking on the door, being inflexible with players is dangerous.

For example they seem set on Debrusk with Krejci. So if say Cehlarik and Bjork are both good enough to play, do you sit one because your married to Debrusk-Krejci and are also married to your 3rd and 4th lines as is, leaving no room for both Cehlarik and Bjork?

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad