Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Allan Mitchell weighs in on what the Oilers might do with their free agents. He expects left wing Patrick Maroon, an unrestricted free agent in July, to be dealt. He wonders if the asking price is a younger player who’s already in pro hockey. He suggests the Boston Bruins could be a good fit.

Woof. I wouldn’t want to give up any of our young nhl ready forwards for Maroon.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
De Haan, I thought, is out for a while. Maybe the season.

According to a team source, Calvin de Haan will have season-ending surgery on his shoulder.
It is not clear if that means de Haan would miss the playoffs as well, in the event the Islanders qualify. It's a tough break for the Islanders, as de Haan is a very underrated defensemen.

Source: Andy Graziano on Twitter

I knew he was injured but didn't realize it was likely for the rest of the season.

So much for that idea.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Allan Mitchell weighs in on what the Oilers might do with their free agents. He expects left wing Patrick Maroon, an unrestricted free agent in July, to be dealt. He wonders if the asking price is a younger player who’s already in pro hockey. He suggests the Boston Bruins could be a good fit.

Yippee, a guy who is less skilled than 2 LH shot wings we have down in the minors. Why would Boston want him?

Three team deals rarely happen. No thanks going from Krug to Scandella.

And if you were to make the first half of the trade. WHY on earth would you then swap Klefbom for Scandella. Klefbom is younger, more skilled, and has a longer/better contract >

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
It definitely was his best deal; value wise, for NHL talent. His other trades are incomplete at the moment. I agree on Nash/Backes/Moore so I took that out.

Connolly wasn't a Sweeney acquisition. Stempniak/Liles were bad deals. Postma was nothing more than depth. Hayes was bad but they dealt a pretty bad Reilly Smith on top of the Savard contract. When Hayes was coming here, he had just scored 19 goals? Irwin, another depth piece, but he was brutal.

Yeah, neither of those I would consider throwing into the discussion. Seidenberg was done and the Jones deal was good. We already had Tuukka and Jones wanted to be a starter.
[/QUOTE]

I'll nitpick one thing - Seidenberg was hated on more than was warranted and the buy out was a waste. He was fine in a 3rd pair role, I thought it was foolish to take the added cap hit of buying him out.

On another note if the Bruins trade more than a 3rd rounder for Maroon it is a terrible trade. He will be our new Beleskey.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'll nitpick one thing - Seidenberg was hated on more than was warranted and the buy out was a waste. He was fine in a 3rd pair role, I thought it was foolish to take the added cap hit of buying him out.

On another note if the Bruins trade more than a 3rd rounder for Maroon it is a terrible trade. He will be our new Beleskey.

Maroon would be a rental? Still not at all interested. I get he kills the bruins but he just doesn’t do it for me.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
This doesn't make any sense.
1. Maroon is not a RW
2. Marchand, DeBrusk, and Heinen are all better than Maroon. DeBrusk and Heinen are younger, under contract longer, cheaper, and are outproducing Maroon.

If for some reason the Bruins traded for Maroon, he wouldn't replace any LW in our top 9. If Allan Mitchell is insinuating a player like DeBrusk or Heinen would be the return for Maroon, he is heavily overvaluing Maroon. Most I would do is Vatrano and even then, I don't want a slow, fake tough guy playing on our 4th line.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Yippee, a guy who is less skilled than 2 LH shot wings we have down in the minors. Why would Boston want him?

And if you were to make the first half of the trade. WHY on earth would you then swap Klefbom for Scandella. Klefbom is younger, more skilled, and has a longer/better contract >

IDK Maroon looked pretty damn good when we played Edm:laugh:. I would have no interest resigning him but I would definitely look to see if he's available at the deadline. He's very good along the boards/ playing the cycle, and isn't easy to play against,could be a good fit for Krejci(I'm pretty sure he plays some RW with the Oilers).

Most importantly he's got playoff experience and has produced pretty well there with a 12-14-26 in 42gp stat line. I'm not trying to hate on the guy because I love him but Marchand is 5-17-22 in his last 40 playoff games. I think this team could use another guy who has experience bringing his game up another level and maybe take some pressure off a guys like Marchand and the rookies.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I like Maroon and you could flip Heinen to RW. I would prefer Kassian, he would cost less and is a better skater and tougher.

I still say find a way to get Simmonds and add a guy like Curtis Mackenzie as the 13th forward and I would be pretty happy with the forwards.

Reactions: Kosikarzzz

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

The problem wasn't Seidenberg per say, it was having Seidenberg, Chara, Kevan and McQuaid all in the lineup at once. The problem was that because there are buyout windows, the Bruins had to decide whether to buy him out before they knew if they would use the money. They didn't. Which sucks because each year you wait to buyout makes it easier.

e.g. I can see the Bruins not buying out Beleksey next year but waiting until the year after when they need the cash.

Speaking of Beleksey, its not fair to compare a rental in Maroon to a guy with several years on his deal left. If he played RW, I actually think he could be a perfect addition to the team depending on cost. Given that EDM needs more speed, I would think about something like Spooner for Maroon + 3rd if you felt comfortable with he or DeBrusk on the off wing. Or maybe swap what lines DeBrusk and Heinen play on...

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Maroon Krejci Heinen
DeBrusk Nash Backes

and then let JFK and Bjork work there way into the lineup next season.

edit: not waving pompoms saying that Maroon is a great add, just not dismissing it out of hand

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
[/QUOTE]e.g. I can see the Bruins not buying out Beleksey next year but waiting until the year after when they need the cash.[/QUOTE]

From a cap perspective this makes sense.

But from a relationship standpoint, if Beleskey spends the rest of the season in the AHL (at least until playoff time as a Black Ace), I think they'll try to do right by the player (and his agent), buy him out so he can see if he can seek and secure NHL employment elsewhere at a much smaller number.

Beleskey as a UFA I can easily see some team offering him a very small (one-year, south of 700k deal) possibly even two-way deal and take a chance on him regaining his previous form.

Reactions: wintersej

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006

The problem wasn't Seidenberg per say, it was having Seidenberg, Chara, Kevan and McQuaid all in the lineup at once. The problem was that because there are buyout windows, the Bruins had to decide whether to buy him out before they knew if they would use the money. They didn't. Which sucks because each year you wait to buyout makes it easier.

e.g. I can see the Bruins not buying out Beleksey next year but waiting until the year after when they need the cash.
[/QUOTE]

June 30th Seidenberg was bought out, Marchand was due for a huge raise, Krug as well, and Pasta to follow. Liles played better than Seidenberg which made him expendable so they decided to buyout seidenberg and give his remaining salary to Liles.

Who would have thought that Marchy would only ask for a 1.6 mil increase in pay!

Bruins had the following D prospects looking to make the jump.

McAvoy
Lindgren
Lauzon
Zboril
Carlo
Ogara
Gryz

Now if we didnt buy out Seidenberg, would Backes be here, would we have given a shot to Carlo, McAvoy wouldnt have seen time until at least this year

Last edited:

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
There's rumblings that Chiarelli is about done in Edmonton, trying to fix whatever issues existed from Lowe/Tambellini, et all

Unless the team goes on a massive winning streak...that team has huge issues.

Sure McDavid / Dras is great; but this team could be in a worse situation now then before.....cap wise.

Reactions: Strafer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I would only bring forwards on board that had speed. I'd do something around Spooner, Zboril plus for Hoffman.

Defensively I like how we are set up right now. If you bring in a LHD for big minutes you are either sending Krug the other way, or making him your 3rd pairing guy, and I think he's better than that, and a lockeroom leader that puts up good numbers so I would consider dealing him a mistake.

Reactions: maxl7 and sleepyh

Kosikarzzz

Mar 10, 2004
Windsor
I would only bring forwards on board that had speed. I'd do something around Spooner, Zboril plus for Hoffman.

Defensively I like how we are set up right now. If you bring in a LHD for big minutes you are either sending Krug the other way, or making him your 3rd pairing guy, and I think he's better than that, and a lockeroom leader that puts up good numbers so I would consider dealing him a mistake.
Do you think this team has enough snarl/physicality to last a few rounds. Rather be the hammer than the nail. I get their speed game is who they are now and all but cone playoff time things change.
I liked the kassian deal. He could be placed any where and could eventually give players like Tom Wilson something to think about.
Gotta protect players...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Do you think this team has enough snarl/physicality to last a few rounds. Rather be the hammer than the nail. I get their speed game is who they are now and all but cone playoff time things change.
I liked the kassian deal. He could be placed any where and could eventually give players like Tom Wilson something to think about.
Gotta protect players...

I wouldn't swap out Schaller for Kassian, but I wouldn't mind him as our 12th forward due to injury. He hustled the one game I saw him live. I just don't see where anyone will fit to be honest, unless you deal Spooner for that type. I'm not really sure, but you make a great point about the playoffs being a different game, especially vs the same opponent.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'd take either Maroon or Kassian if the cost is low. I wouldn't give up too much for either guy... both could work as heavy bottom 6 guys for the post season.

They lack physicality up front. Aside from Noel & Backes, there isn't much "Snarl" at all. I wouldn't mind a guy in the bottom 6 that can play a physical game, ignite the team with a big hit, and produce some offense.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Gotta protect players...
Or we can embrace who we are and go after Pajeau. What would it take? Probably the same as Kassian.

I don't want to trade any kids if possible in a deal like this. Give them a first...

I'm open minded to blockbuster deals but I don't think there are many available and I'm hesitant to stir the pot too much with our young developing group. The Bruins are trending in the right direction so don't F it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad