Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Could have Sweeney made a deal ???

It does say might after-all and that he wasn't on the ice for the morning skate no-other details but the emergency call-up may-be good enough speculation that is an injury.

Jeremy Lauzon is back because the Bruins might have another injury on defense-the-bruins-might-have-another-injury-on-defense-bruins-injuries

Never-mind:)
Lauzon's emergency recall means he can only play in the event of an injury, so he's an insurance policy in case Grzelcyk can't go tomorrow against Carolina.

Unless they did trade Grizz for a forward and Lauzon is an emergency call-up for one of the other injured defenseman.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Whats the consensus on what Columbus does with Bob and Panarin?
1) Trade before xmas
2) Hold until the deadline
3) Sign one or both?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Agree with you on both points
I hope he’s actually fit to play and not gaming the system.

I don’t mean that maliciously either. From a competitor standpoint I’d never question the him. But he seems like the kind of guy they will have to drag away to retire.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I'm doubting Backes waives his NTC some of the teams suggested. Carter, Panarin, Bob. Would only happen if the Kings and CBJ have "given up" for the season, which is message you hate to send to your players and fans.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I hope he’s actually fit to play and not gaming the system.

I don’t mean that maliciously either. From a competitor standpoint I’d never question the him. But he seems like the kind of guy they will have to drag away to retire.

I guarantee you the Bruins wouldn't let him on the ice to practice if that wasn't the case

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Do you happen to have a better trade proposals? I'm just curious! Please let us all in on the master plan if you were the Bruins GM? I see lots of reasons why people's ideas are terrible but never any actual ideas of your own. Please enlighten us!
:thumbu: :laugh:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I guarantee you the Bruins wouldn't let him on the ice to practice if that wasn't the case
Lol ya I hope not. Nobody likes being told what to do though.

Unless someone told me to retire. And filled my bank account with money. I’d dance my ass off.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Lol ya I hope not. Nobody likes being told what to do though.

Unless someone told me to retire. And filled my bank account with money. I’d dance my ass off.

Yeah I wouldn't bury Backes just yet, hopefully he gets on track this year, I'm really rooting for him

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think that's rask value now. Bennett is potential young impact player and was drafted early so it's worth the risk. We get Smith to backup Halak and take salary due to rask ridiculous cap space.
I'm not one of the Rask haters, but I'd be tempted. :nod:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah I wouldn't bury Backes just yet, hopefully he gets on track this year, I'm really rooting for him
I wanted to give him 20 or so games this year. Hopefully injury free. After last year he needed that at least to get in to form.

Now I don’t know. He’s had his bell rung at least twice in the past 6 months in significant fashion. That has to start wearing on you, no matter who you are

Feb 25, 2016
So are we suggesting we get RNH, and then play him out of position at wing?

Backes didn't seem to mind. Its not like their positional play is written in stone. Center is always harder than playing a wing. He should have no problem adjusting. Or maybe try Krejci on a wing? The trade is a nearly sideways in cap and salary and fills both teams needs.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Do you happen to have a better trade proposals? I'm just curious! Please let us all in on the master plan if you were the Bruins GM? I see lots of reasons why people's ideas are terrible but never any actual ideas of your own. Please enlighten us!

Some people are just vultures. They sit and wait to pounce. Just ignore him, I, and I'm sure a lot of other, do.

Reactions: Brent Hughes

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I wanted to give him 20 or so games this year. Hopefully injury free. After last year he needed that at least to get in to form.

Now I don’t know. He’s had his bell rung at least twice in the past 6 months in significant fashion. That has to start wearing on you, no matter who you are

Well, like I always say and will continue to, we don’t know what goes on behind those doors. All we’re doing is speculating , so you can’t say for sure what severity of injury David Backes or any player is dealing with or has had in the past. They keep it tight in the NHL which leaves lots of room for guesswork

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Whats the consensus on what Columbus does with Bob and Panarin?
1) Trade before xmas
2) Hold until the deadline
3) Sign one or both?
If you asked me a few months ago, I thought it would be possible for Columbus to re-sign Bobvrosky in the offseason once he tested free agency. Right now, I'm not too sure. Unless Korpisalo impresses as a number one, you would think Bobvrosky stays unless Columbus trades for another starting goaltender, or veteran netminder.

With Panarin, I think option 2. From what I've read they would probably want another top 6 forward in return, not Gallagher but someone of that ilk, at the trade deadline. I think that price may change if Columbus is on the outside looking in. If they don't get what they want and are still in the hunt, I think it makes sense for them to keep him as their rental.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Some people are just vultures. They sit and wait to pounce. Just ignore him, I, and I'm sure a lot of other, do.

Nope. They sit, read, and comment. Just because I don't participate in this thread by proposing trades doesn't mean my opinion is null/void. Propose something good, and I comment. Propose something bad, and I comment. That's how it works. You can ignore me though, Donny boy. I have yet to see you propose something that would actually be good for the team. Who are you dealing Krug for this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad