Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
This is why I don’t normally do trade proposals :laugh:

I don’t think it’s as bad as you make it out, but Smith is a stretch for sure.

The B’s made it pretty obvious after the playoffs last year that they didn’t think a left side comprised of Krug and Grizz is viable. Hanifin probably won’t reach Krug’s O numbers, but he’s younger and hasn’t been nearly as injury prone as Krug has been the last couple of years.

I think Bennett was overrated as the 4th overall pick, but I like his skill set, particularly as it relates to the B’s needs. Because of where he was drafted, people are disappointed in Bennett, but he wouldn’t have that in Boston.

As I said before, if the B’s could acquire Hanifin and Bennett for Krug and an asset, I would prefer that to moving Rask.

Then swap out the less skilled player(Grizz) not the 50+ point guy.

I have a feeling if Hanifin was from Cleveland and not Boston people wouldn't be tripping over themselves adding him to their trade proposals.

Reactions: Dom - OHL

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Mike Smith is a bad goaltender and Noah Hanifin is nothing special. Yes, I know that he's "young" and therefore the allure of maybe someday possibly kinda achieving what scouts thought he might maybe possibly be but he's been absolutely abysmal when not completely sheltered.

Hanifin is what some people here accuse Krug of being. At least Krug has the benefit of having a tremendous defensive impact by being so effective at keeping the puck in the offensive zone. Hanifin is the classic case of all the tools but no toolbox. He's Joe Morrow with a higher draft pedigree.

Reactions: Strafer

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
To be clear this is expected goals for + expected goals allowed. Bruins are just playing boring hockey at 5 on 5.
Because the offense overall is low event. It's highly correlative with the disparity in production we are seeing on the ice between the top guys like Pasta, Bergy, DK and the guys that are being charged with providing secondary scoring.

Reactions: maxl7

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Because the offense overall is low event. It's highly correlative with the disparity in production we are seeing on the ice between the top guys like Pasta, Bergy, DK and the guys that are being charged with providing secondary scoring.

Yes, but how much is that covering for the decimated blue line? Certainly not all of it... but its certainly some of it.

Reactions: gumgum

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I thought it about stay the coarse and leave rask on bench and just start Halak until he gets tired . Rask is a super backup for a run to the cup. There is no better tandem in the league and its our strength .
He’s a super back up until he gets hot for 3 or 4 months

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Mike Smith is a bad goaltender and Noah Hanifin is nothing special. Yes, I know that he's "young" and therefore the allure of maybe someday possibly kinda achieving what scouts thought he might maybe possibly be but he's been absolutely abysmal when not completely sheltered.

Hanifin is what some people here accuse Krug of being. At least Krug has the benefit of having a tremendous defensive impact by being so effective at keeping the puck in the offensive zone. Hanifin is the classic case of all the tools but no toolbox. He's Joe Morrow with a higher draft pedigree.

I'm not sure this team can afford Hanifin moving forward. You certainly Can't have Hanifin, McElroy, and Carlo on the RH side in 3 years when all are on big boy contracts for a combined 18 million or so

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Yes, but how much is that covering for the decimated blue line? Certainly not all of it... but its certainly some of it.

Hmm, but if the defense were the issue I would expect them to have a high rate of xGA, but they don't. Unless you want to argue that the defense is also tanking their quality shots for. Maybe too many point shots? Unable to keep the puck in the offensive zone? Krug should help in that regard but I still think the problem lies in the construction of the forward lines.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
any interest in josh ho sang? RW, can skate, very gifted set up man, probably lacks an NHL type shot., 23 y old.
ive always been a fan of his skill set. dont think he has been given an opportunity to make the big show. perhaps make a prospect swap type of trade....

Reactions: Strafer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
any interest in josh ho sang? RW, can skate, very gifted set up man, probably lacks an NHL type shot., 23 y old.
ive always been a fan of his skill set. dont think he has been given an opportunity to make the big show. perhaps make a prospect swap type of trade....

For me yes. Depending upon which prospect you want to give, but has loads of skill but a 10 cent head and mouth at times.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
I've seen him twice in the AHL this year live and he was totally checked out, remarkably unengaged. Maybe he's just beaten down because he feels he hasn't been given a fair shake, but you don't see many Isles fans lamenting his absence from the roster much. He's not really what the Bruins need anyways; they'd be better off getting the stylistically similar Ryan Spooner from the Rangers who can play center.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Hmm, but if the defense were the issue I would expect them to have a high rate of xGA, but they don't. Unless you want to argue that the defense is also tanking their quality shots for. Maybe too many point shots? Unable to keep the puck in the offensive zone? Krug should help in that regard but I still think the problem lies in the construction of the forward lines.

I'm arguing that the transition game is poor from the backend decreasing puck possession and making the forwards hang deeper and less aggressively to help out.

edit: but yes, they clearly need more up front TOO, but having Krug or McAvoy in the line up 45 out of 60 minutes will help a lot, too.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I'm arguing that the transition game is poor from the backend decreasing puck possession and making the forwards hang deeper and less aggressively to help out.

edit: but yes, they clearly need more up front TOO, but having Krug or McAvoy in the line up 45 out of 60 minutes will help a lot, too.

But if the transition game was so weak you'd expect to see a higher volume of shots against, no?

EDIT: I should add that I'm in no way saying that Krug and a healthy McAvoy won't help this team out, just that I think the core issue lies in the forward corps.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That was sarcasm.

You should try it some time. It actually doesn't hurt to occasionally crack a smile :laugh:
Were you implying that I have said Rask is a bad goalie? Haha. I'm one of his biggest supporters, but I'll call a spade a spade when he's not playing well.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Were you implying that I have said Rask is a bad goalie? Haha. I'm one of his biggest supporters, but I'll call a spade a spade when he's not playing well.

No, not at all. That last comment was addressed to Brad, to let him know that I was joking about Rask being bad.

I too am a Rask supporter, but I said earlier in another thread that they should be going with Halak, simply because he's playing better right now.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
No, not at all. That last comment was addressed to Brad, to let him know that I was joking about Rask being bad.

I too am a Rask supporter, but I said earlier in another thread that they should be going with Halak, simply because he's playing better right now.
Absolutely. I'm a big advocate of going with the hot hand in net. I honestly would have started Halak against Montreal, too. Go until you cool off.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
But if the transition game was so weak you'd expect to see a higher volume of shots against, no?

EDIT: I should add that I'm in no way saying that Krug and a healthy McAvoy won't help this team out, just that I think the core issue lies in the forward corps.

I mean they ARE giving up an above average number of shots, but they are doing a great job of limiting quality and protecting the house... leading to the great xGA numbers. Which would support the theory that the guys up front are collapsing more, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad