Post-Game Talk: Bruins tame Wild 3-2 in O.T.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Isn't/wasn't Robins concussed or something? He was at least injured. P-Bruins site stinks on info; it's basically a sales site.

I would have LOVED to put Robins in against the Habs earlier this season. A little bit of bite is exactly what the Bruins need - we're finally getting a little snippy, with a couple of good skirmishes last night.

I agree with the fact that we don't need an enforcer. The fact that we have Robins to call up if needed, combined with the declining role of the enforcer, makes this definitely not one of our 99 problems.

Yes, Robins is concussed and hasn't played in weeks.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Looch isn't the team enforcer and isn't supposed to be fighting the other team's goons.

Hey BMC...Maybe you are a lucky GDT started. A win ! You should start them more often ;)

I know but I think he should be. Physically & tempermentally he is suited for it. Plus he hasn't been doing much else lately, though that might change now that DK is back.

As for GDTs, I think I will retire undefeated. I lack the skills to make really cool ones :D

Banshee

Apr 23, 2014
Concord, NH
Real nice win, two excellent plays by Eriksson on the first and OT goals. Outplayed for stretches but that's to be expected with a very speedy Wild team that has given the B's fits for years now.

Lets not get too carried away with Svedberg. He played well, but I'd call the majority of his saves "typical" and he got beat what, 6-7 times with a bunch of dings off the pipes. He was solid positionally, and did his job.

Chara was better... whoever said they let Parise off the hook clearly didn't see Chara pounding on him every shift. Even Krug went after Parise after his second swipe at Svedberg.

Three points out of a possible four is a good start, keep it rolling tomorrow night, boys!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Love our team enforcer Gregory Campbell stepping up again!

His fight record now according to DYG is 5-49-17

5 wins? I don't remember seeing Soup win one fight over his career:laugh: ...(must have been when he was younger).

Gotta give him credit though, he doesn't mind taking a punch.

picture.php

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I believe Kelly was checked from behind but the replay I saw didn't show the puck frozen...

No. Kelly knew exactly what he was doing. It was the right call.

Svedberg was ****ing great last night. Like really great. Hats off to him.

Krejci didn't produce much, but the line just operates so much better as a whole when he's on it. Maybe he finally got his band, but I don't understand how posters like Kaoz can still feel the way they do after what's happened with Krejci this year. He clearly is an (if not THE) essential piece to the offensive puzzle. I'm not even willing to entertain an argument on it anymore.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
5 wins? I don't remember seeing Soup win one fight over his career:laugh: ...(must have been when he was younger).

picture.php

I remember that Craig Adams fight. He won that one. Adams was his equal as far as horrible fighters. I remember seeing them square off and just being so excited, saying to myself "Cams has actually got a chance in this one!!!"

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know but I think he should be. Physically & tempermentally he is suited for it. Plus he hasn't been doing much else lately, though that might change now that DK is back.

As for GDTs, I think I will retire undefeated. I lack the skills to make really cool ones :D

I am pretty sure the B's coaches have told him to back off on the fights. They don't want him in the box for 5 . I think Looch will be fine. He couldn't even hold his stick well at the start of the season. Seems like his wrist is feeling better. I am sure he enjoys having DK back .

I don't attempt GDTs for the same reason you don't (plus I don't want to get anymore of those nasty PMs) . If it is game day and I want to discuss the game I just put up a pre game. I like when we have a good group posting in the GDTs....more fun.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I commented on this a month ago. Lot of people love to cry about losing. Not many seem to enjoy the wins...

I swear more people would rather this team lose than win since it will prove their own theories right. Yes this team needs to make changes, yes I'd like to see more fight (and fights) from this team. But for ****s sake people.. be happy about a W or at least be happy on here after a W.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

picture.php

In the infamous 2011 line brawl against the Habs, he mangled Pyatt. But he needed to use his elbow pad to do it. Most fun I've ever had at a game, and I went to each series of the Cup run.

Man I wish Rex had punched that weasel's head right down into his turtleneck at the end!

Last edited:

member 96824

I swear more people would rather this team lose than win since it will prove their own theories right. Yes this team needs to make changes, yes I'd like to see more fight (and fights) from this team. But for ****s sake people.. be happy about a W or at least be happy on here after a W.

You guys aren't looking in the right place. Post game talk is in the Loui thread.

Plus, there have been trade rumors abound today. I don't think many here are in the game of rooting for their favorite team to lose so they win an internet argument.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
In the infamous 2014 line brawl against the Habs, he mangled Pyatt. But he needed to use his elbow pad to do it. Most fun I've ever had at a game, and I went to each series of the Cup run.

Man I wish Rex had punched that weasel's head right down into his turtleneck at the end!

Love the beat down Boychuk gave Spacek too.

Oh for the days when our beloved Bruins had guts :cry:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Love the beat down Boychuk gave Spacek too.

Oh for the days when our beloved Bruins had guts :cry:

And the littlest guy on the ice holds his own with their only true "fighter". Those were the days!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Next game should tell us if they have improved with DK and Chara back,I honestly believe this team is still good,with that said will we see a trade to improve or attempt to improve?I have never been a huge Rask fan especially this year,maybe Svedberg is actually better it's hard to tell with him not seeing a lot of games.TIME TELLS ALL!!!

Most of the time Rask is an excellent goalie, although I'm still not sold on him yet.

When Rask is hot, he's hot!.... and when he's not, he's not! ...and he's usually not against the habs.

Until he plays better against the habs, I'm not sold on him.

They may as well play Svedberg more to see what he's made of. He was a gem in net last night...reminded me of Thomas the way he was flopping around, making circus saves, showing lots of confidence....and he seems to be better in the SO's than Rask too.

Who knows, Svedberg could be a great starting goalie in the near future, so I'd like to see more of him this season.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Most of the time Rask is an excellent goalie, although I'm still not sold on him yet.

When Rask is hot, he's hot!.... and when he's not, he's not! ...and he's usually not against the habs.

Until he plays better against the habs, I'm not sold on him.

They may as well play Svedberg more to see what he's made of. He was a gem in net last night...reminded me of Thomas the way he was flopping around, making circus saves, showing lots of confidence....and he seems to be better in the SO's than Rask too.

Who knows, Svedberg could be a great starting goalie in the near future, so I'd like to see more of him this season.

My favorite rhetoric on Rask (it's a Barry Pederson special) is: "when he's really on his game...it looks like he's not even trying". Funny because when he's really NOT on his game, it looks the same way.

This is right up there with Jack and Brick's "aww, Chris Kelly...so versatile, can move him up and down the lineup" in the meaningless announcer rhetoric HOF.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
In the infamous 2011 line brawl against the Habs, he mangled Pyatt. But he needed to use his elbow pad to do it. Most fun I've ever had at a game, and I went to each series of the Cup run.

God I miss Ference's toughness, seriously!

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
No. Kelly knew exactly what he was doing. It was the right call.

Svedberg was ****ing great last night. Like really great. Hats off to him.

Krejci didn't produce much, but the line just operates so much better as a whole when he's on it. Maybe he finally got his band, but I don't understand how posters like Kaoz can still feel the way they do after what's happened with Krejci this year. He clearly is an (if not THE) essential piece to the offensive puzzle. I'm not even willing to entertain an argument on it anymore.

Agree to disagree I guess...I saw one quick replay so I would like to see it again...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Bruins finally win vs wild. Only 3 pages in this thread.

I commented on this a month ago. Lot of people love to cry about losing. Not many seem to enjoy the wins...

What really is there to say on it other than the Swedes won the game for us? The rest of the team was pretty bad tbh.

Our third line is top 5 in hockey, when DK and Bergy are healthy... Get a RW for the top line and we are set.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

Man I miss that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad