Post-Game Talk: Bruins suck bad and lose 5 - 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Wasn't able to watch this one, but wow if you want to fire someone, fire the defence. Were those giveaways for real???

Hamilton I have expect him to do one of those every game. But Seidenberg? Good grief. Those 2 goals on those 2 giveaways were the difference. Brutal plays, don't go up the middle of the ice dummies!

Had you watched you would know it's way more than that. This team has quit on each other and the coach. Another cheap shot, no response. Another dead forty minutes.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Had you watched you would know it's way more than that. This team has quit on each other and the coach. Another cheap shot, no response. Another dead forty minutes.

Every night is the same thing now, struggle to bring up the puck because we have one of the worst D's in the league, followed by no emotion, no fighting hockey. Can they at least bring a goon up to make things semi entertaining.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

How'd you like the response against Kulikov?

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
If I were a player, I know I'm held to a ridiculous expectation of winning in this town. Pats just won the Super Bowl, Sox won the WS the year before, and making the playoffs is just not an option. A second round exit is considered a failure.

And then the organization trades Tyler. And Johnny. Lets Iginla and Thornton walk. And replaces all of them with nothing. How would you feel? Do you think you would feel the right to quit on the coach and management because by all accounts they quit on you?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
How'd you like the response against Kulikov?

Dallas employs Roussel and Garbutt. If they go after a player like Kulikov for 1 bad hit they better then call out those 2 guys in the locker room.

Retaliating after a dirty hit doesn't stop dirty hits. Hefty suspensions and fines will deter some, but until GMs and coaches refuse to sign/play dirty players, and until players respect each other enough to play clean, the dirty hits won't stop.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The indifference in the majority of this locker room is astounding.
Don't know what it would take to get a response. Seeing no one stick up for Pasta last night was disgusting.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The indifference in the majority of this locker room is astounding.
Don't know what it would take to get a response. Seeing no one stick up for Pasta last night was disgusting.

I saw that too, and our big boy lucic was on ice when it happened.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

They are losing because of a lack of focus. The goals early in the period against MTL, the passive gaffs on the PP against dallas, being completely unprepared to start the game last night and then again to start the second period.

That has to fall on Julien. They are more talented than they are playing right now.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
I see a bit of overreaction here. Basically Hamilton and Seidenberg shot pucks into their own net, and it was otherwise a tie game. Could have easily won that game if those two hadn't switched teams.

I aint the sky is falling type....but at this point, if you are still optimistic....you must be crazy. I don't know how many times I have seen the Bruins lay an egg this season and some posters protest that there be over-reaction in these parts here. It's been quite a few times....I know that.

This. Team. Sucks. Surely you must see that right? They have a very spotty offense. Some games they can score 3, others it's a miracle if they can get 1. Their defense...which they are known for, is a frigging sieve. I mean how many odd man rushes/ breakaways do they give up a game? It seams to me like at least one to two of each.

Praise Odin for Rask...or this team would be like the Titanic....soon to be resting peacefully somewhere at the bottom.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Don't worry, bruins will win against oilers and all hopes will be back !
We are 5 players , one coach and one gm to be contender. Keep the faith

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Was pathetic...like I was amazed. I said at the time no idea how he made it off the ice alive.

I can't understand the lack of on ice repercussions for this crap,it can't be that the player is disliked,it's too common.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm curious how you come to the conclusion the players are "indifferent" to what's going on?

Because there has been no response or emotion to anything that goes on this season. The flatlined loss to Montreal. Blowing games because of stupidity while we're in the 8 spot. Cheapshots taken out on their teammates that go unaddressed. It's like Rask said. Thought we were done talking about needing to play the 60 minutes months ago and soon it may be too late.

In terms of quality the games are hard to get through again. Losses are one thing, losses like this are another.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
This. Team. Sucks. Surely you must see that right?
Ok. The team sucks. Let's run with that.

Krejci is not playing to his potential.
Lucic is not playing to his potential.
Smith is not playing to his potential.
Soderberg is not playing to his potential.
Chara is not playing to his potential.
Hamilton is not playing to his potential.
Seidenberg is not playing to his potential.
Krug is not playing to his potential.

The fourth line is the fourth line. An argument can be made either way I guess, although I expect more out of Paille.

Everyone else is more or less playing to their potential: Pastrnak, Marchand, Bergeron, Eriksson, Kelly, McQuaid, Miller.

For all intents and purposes, the core of the team is not playing to their potential. You want to make changes, are you going to start there? If not and instead you're going to focus on the players that are currently making a positive impact, then what's the point?

Or is this going to be "change for the sake of change" or some fairy tale like that?

The team's play sucks, but the team doesn't. They are having issues associated with frustration and aggravation, with the result being playing very tensely and trying way too hard, aka holding the stick too hard. Compounding this is the fact that the players all know where their contracts sit and what the cap situation is, and they also all know that their play right now makes them vulnerable. They all know this and it is likely also factoring into the frustration.

They are clearly in a funk and it needs to be worked out, but moving lesser players who are carrying their weight hoping somehow that fixes the frustration factor and the team's W/L record is probably not the right thing to do.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Ok. The team sucks. Let's run with that.

Krejci is not playing to his potential.
Lucic is not playing to his potential.
Smith is not playing to his potential.
Soderberg is not playing to his potential.
Chara is not playing to his potential.
Hamilton is not playing to his potential.
Seidenberg is not playing to his potential.
Krug is not playing to his potential.

The fourth line is the fourth line. An argument can be made either way I guess, although I expect more out of Paille.

Everyone else is more or less playing to their potential: Pastrnak, Marchand, Bergeron, Eriksson, Kelly, McQuaid, Miller.

For all intents and purposes, the core of the team is not playing to their potential. You want to make changes, are you going to start there? If not and instead you're going to focus on the players that are currently making a positive impact, then what's the point?

Or is this going to be "change for the sake of change" or some fairy tale like that?

The team's play sucks, but the team doesn't. They are having issues associated with frustration and aggravation, with the result being playing very tensely and trying way too hard, aka holding the stick too hard. Compounding this is the fact that the players all know where their contracts sit and what the cap situation is, and they also all know that their play right now makes them vulnerable. They all know this and it is likely also factoring into the frustration.

They are clearly in a funk and it needs to be worked out, but moving lesser players who are carrying their weight hoping somehow that fixes the frustration factor and the team's W/L record is probably not the right thing to do.

This is a very good point of view. Thank you.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Chara stepped up for him. And to be honest even if he wasn't liked it makes you look bad as a player.

It's supposed to be a one for all,all for one attitude,you put on the sweater and that's all that matters but it's largely lost. Ference was king in this department.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I'm curious how you come to the conclusion the players are "indifferent" to what's going on?
Because there has been no response or emotion to anything that goes on this season. The flatlined loss to Montreal. Blowing games because of stupidity while we're in the 8 spot. Cheapshots taken out on their teammates that go unaddressed. It's like Rask said. Thought we were done talking about needing to play the 60 minutes months ago and soon it may be too late.
I guess I don't see it that way. In fact, I see it the exact opposite. I think they are so concerned about how things are going right now that it is feeding right back into the issues they face, magnifying the effect beyond any normal performance degradation.

The team is presently in a bad way, there is no denying that. However, indifference is the last thing I'd attempt to pin their current situation to. I think Rask's comments -- and everyone else's who are willing to speak to the media -- demonstrate that.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I see a bit of overreaction here. Basically Hamilton and Seidenberg shot pucks into their own net, and it was otherwise a tie game. Could have easily won that game if those two hadn't switched teams.

Agreed.

But those two giveaways are all-time embarrassing.

Bart should be in Monday for one of those guys (probably Hamilton).

The Carolina game was much worse (worst NHL game ever for me).

Amazing to me that Lucic gets to the net but never gets a sniff of the puck.

Is Krejci just tired of playing hockey?

Another +1 for Miller in the midst of all that defensive zone chaos.

Apropos of the Bruins passing skills, both of their goals were unassisted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad