Post-Game Talk: Bruins squeak by Habs 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Any word on Lane? I didn't see what happened when he got hurt but never came back. Losing 2 guys to high sticks is insane. It's rare someone ever gets hurt so badly from a high stick that they can't come back for their next shift let alone miss the remainder of a game or in Paille's case multiple games.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I have no idea about Lane and NBC doesn't really do post game, and NESN didn't do one either.

I didn't even see what happened to him.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
He had one shift there late where 3 times he turned puck over cause he was afraid to ice it.When they have ya hemmed and are putting huge pressure on sometimes better off icing it and taking a regroup if i might put it that way.

I didn't say he was perfect, just thought he played solid.

RyanMac

Jul 20, 2003
I see Seguin as +2 and Bergeron as 0 ... are they not on a line together? I'm trying to make a fantasy hockey decision and might be dropping Patrice.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I see Seguin as +2 and Bergeron as 0 ... are they not on a line together? I'm trying to make a fantasy hockey decision and might be dropping Patrice.

Usually they are, but Seguin and Horton switched lines at the start of the third (Seguin with Krejci and Lucic: Horton with Bergeron and Campbell (Marchand is hurt)), and Krejci and Seguin assisted on each other's goals.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

Then may God have mercy on your soul. ;)

They were split to start the 3rd and took Seguin 14 seconds to get on the board.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I have to admit I wasn't completely sold on Rask and wanted TT back but Rask is starting to make a believer out of me.He was awesome in the 1st period.He seems to have corrected a lot of his mistakes from the past.Great job Rask!!

RyanMac

Jul 20, 2003
Then may God have mercy on your soul. ;)

They were split to start the 3rd and took Seguin 14 seconds to get on the board.

I have Seguin and Bergeron on my team! Patrice seems to be having a slow start but I have a feeling if Seguin starts killing it out there Bergeron's points will follow.

Cody Hodgson is a free agent in our league with 10 points right now.. so I'm tempted to make the switch!

Thanks for the details.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
I'm still quite disappointed that McQuaid didn't go with Prust :shakehead

if it was Julien's orders then I am quite disappointed in Claude for that, this would have been good to see and would have been good for the team

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Habs fans are so cute when they're upset. :)

yes they are

285395_10200146978169901_1513734309_n.jpg

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm still quite disappointed that McQuaid didn't go with Prust :shakehead

if it was Julien's orders then I am quite disappointed in Claude for that, this would have been good to see and would have been good for the team

Why? There is literally no reason for McQuaid to go with Prust there at all. Bruins are up 2-1 on the road with under 10 mins left in the game. No reason to give MTL any kind of spark. Same reason Moen didn't go with McQuaid at the end of the second. Bruins looked dead in the water.

I want to see a fight as much as everyone else, but it really made absolutely no sense in that situation for McQ to fight.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
Kelly and Pevs need to step up production.... 6.25M between the two of them is a lot of money if they're going to perform like actual 3rd liners.

Hoping they start to pot some goals with the matinee and rematch with the Sabres coming up back to back this weekend

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Kelly and Pevs need to step up production.... 6.25M between the two of them is a lot of money if they're going to perform like actual 3rd liners.

Hoping they start to pot some goals with the matinee and rematch with the Sabres coming up back to back this weekend

There is ZERO chance they will play on Saturday afternoon with the blizzard.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Why? There is literally no reason for McQuaid to go with Prust there at all. Bruins are up 2-1 on the road with under 10 mins left in the game. No reason to give MTL any kind of spark. Same reason Moen didn't go with McQuaid at the end of the second. Bruins looked dead in the water.

I want to see a fight as much as everyone else, but it really made absolutely no sense in that situation for McQ to fight.

Bingo. And it was clear that Prust wanted to goad Darth into doing something stupid. I have to give him all the credit in the world from dropping the gloves. Showed great patience and self discipline.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Dougie was extra fiesty on the boards. Bourque looked real good. The AHL looked better than expected.

Tuukka Rask is my king. That is all.

It looked like he punched a Hab along the boards at one point, thought for sure he was gonna get a penalty

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

say what you want about potting goals but Peverley is playing just fine

we all know he isnt some sniper that is gonna score 30 goals every year.... he is a way better playmaker, and I dont just mean passing, I mean he is a master of puck possession along the wall and down low (and a good passer too)

He might not always show up on the score sheet for his work but he gives the Bruins a chance to have the puck in the offensive zone longer

Kelly on the other hand is meh so far

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
say what you want about potting goals but Peverley is playing just fine

we all know he isnt some sniper that is gonna score 30 goals every year.... he is a way better playmaker, and I dont just mean passing, I mean he is a master of puck possession along the wall and down low (and a good passer too)

He might not always show up on the score sheet for his work but he gives the Bruins a chance to have the puck in the offensive zone longer

Kelly on the other hand is meh so far

he has also been a beast on faceoffs. i'm in complete agreement over the intangibles Pevs brings. 1 goal between pevs and kelly over 9 games makes us a more ordinary team. our 4th line used to play 10+ minutes. now, due to inexperience spooner: 5:29, tardif 4:48, macdermid 3:29

our ability to roll 4 lines has been affected by the injuries. so with the 3rd line playing more, there simply has to be more production to be a more balanced team. otherwise, we will rely on being a top heavy lineup, pp and tuukka. many teams go through the season and are good enough to make the playoffs on that alone. our pp has not been okay for a very long time, i have confidence in tuukka and our top 6. they can't bring it every night, i'm hoping the 3rd line steps up production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad