Bruins Sign Tyler Johnson to PTO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You may have no interest, but it's likely going to happen at some point lol
Great, I look forward to reading the great bust comments when the kids get demoted after skating with hacks. This management is all for the regular season though, so safety veteran first I guess.

We will see. If you wanted top 6 guys maybe go with something younger and better to give a try out.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
17 goals last year with the crappy hawks .I had to rub my eyes. There something here.
Without looking up his stats , etc. I think it's safe to say alot of that damage came on pp time he would probably not get here.But that said the Bruins always seem to get more from players then most think they will .I am quietly praying Lysell arrives however.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
God I hope they sign Matt Martin to a PTO just for the reaction. He would unite the anti fighting crowd, the analytics crowd, the "don't block the kids" crowd and the speed and skill crew.

Oh he is old too, so they "nobody over 30" crowd

Reactions: GoBs and GordonHowe

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
God I hope they sign Matt Martin to a PTO just for the reaction. He would unite the anti fighting crowd, the analytics crowd, the "don't block the kids" crowd and the speed and skill crew.

Matt Martin is too washed for the AHL

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

Your heel turn from big, fast guys to ancient, slow dudes has been fascinating over the past two months.

Reactions: Fenian24

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Your heel turn from big, fast guys to ancient, slow dudes has been fascinating over the past two months.
Nope I still want big, fast, ideally Bobby Schmautz/Kenny Linseman level mean that can fight like a young Lyndon Byers.

I also enjoy random carnage occasionally and the reaction here to Matt Martin on a PTO would be like Filet Mignon wrapped in Bacon with Lobster tails on top.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
No harm in seeing if Tyler Johnson has anything left in the tank. It's only a PTO. The right environment can make a big difference. The right attitude and work ethic can also make a big difference. Anyway, We will have a better understanding in a few weeks.

Reactions: GordonHowe

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
No harm in seeing if Tyler Johnson has anything left in the tank. It's only a PTO. The right environment can make a big difference. The right attitude and work ethic can also make a big difference. Anyway, We will have a better understanding in a few weeks.
I think they know exactly what tj is and what he has left on the tank. The question is whether anybody can give you more. In my opinion, management created a clear threshold where the unproven players need to get to. Making tj a roster non-option.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I like the signing, suggested him in June. Good speed, history of playoff success.

Competition is a good thing. I'm rooting for Lysell but if he's not ready I'd rather Tyler Johnson than move Geekie up.
He also has two Stanley Cups on his resume.

He could be an invaluable veteran, versatile presence for the Bruins. Pushing Lysell and Merkulov.

Smart, safe move. Absolutely nothing to lose.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
I am not going to get upset over a PTO.

They signed Chiasson to a PTO last year and nothing came of it.

The year before that they signed Stralman to a PTO and he played 8 games while McAvoy and Grizz were hurt, then was sent down to Providence and never heard of again.

Johnson makes the team, is a pylon and becomes Monty's binky -- then I'll be upset.

Not before.

But if he makes the team and is a solid contributor -- easy win.

Reactions: Number6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad