Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Ottawa 3-2 OT.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
This team is Pastarnak + a semi-legit scoring 1st line RW from being a strong competitor.

Book it.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Disagree entirely, Tukka has been ok, team is ok in short bursts here and there but is missing an overall effort level.

I agree I've said it before and I'll say it again. This team doesn't collectively prepare for games the way they should (coaches fault/veteran players fault). Teams like Chicago and LA know how to get it done, thats why they both have 2 cups in the last 4 years. You can see it on the Behind the B episodes when they show the off ice conditioning. Its sad really, half the team is MIA. This just perpetuates the loser mentality around the few players that are trying which is unfortunate. Terrible mindset, this is one of the main reasons they lack an identity right now.

Last edited:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
As i said in another thread, we havent been blown out by thr top teams in the east even when undermanned, we only JUST lost to the Pens, we've beaten Detroit 2 out of 3 times, we've beaten the Leafs, we've lost to them in a shootout,Bs are a different animal now from when they played Habs at seasons start.

1 or 2 moves and I think Bs are in the playoffs and through round 1 and after that anything can happen. A few of those freakish unlucky bounces may go our way for a change and its a whole different ball game.

Heads up fellas, all isnt lost yet, we've seen LA drag its balls through last years playoffs and come out on top, we can still salvage this year and go deep. Draft well next year and set ourselves up for the next couple.

We dont want our players giving up, nor should we :) its still hockey season and it beats summer!

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I actually agree that this team is one or two pieces away from being back in the hunt. They are having a terrible stretch but people have short memories. This team is better than it has played so far.

The problem is that I have no faith in Chia to make the moves and less faith in Claude to make use of whatever pieces we get.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
As i said in another thread, we havent been blown out by thr top teams in the east even when undermanned, we only JUST lost to the Pens, we've beaten Detroit 2 out of 3 times, we've beaten the Leafs, we've lost to them in a shootout,Bs are a different animal now from when they played Habs at seasons start.

1 or 2 moves and I think Bs are in the playoffs and through round 1 and after that anything can happen. A few of those freakish unlucky bounces may go our way for a change and its a whole different ball game.

Heads up fellas, all isnt lost yet, we've seen LA drag its balls through last years playoffs and come out on top, we can still salvage this year and go deep. Draft well next year and set ourselves up for the next couple.

We dont want our players giving up, nor should we :) its still hockey season and it beats summer!

I honestly don't trust this current team in the playoffs. I feel like they don't have what it takes. I've been watching this team/core or whats left of it since 2008. This is the first time in as many years I would strongly question what direction they are treading in and what management is doing about it. With the ~40 year hiatus previous to that this team should have had at least 2 cups by now. Something needs to be fixed while we still have some talent left on the roster.

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
What? Ya that's all they're missing. Brutal. Watch the games.

yeah they should definitely make 5 or 6 completely unrealistic trades like you suggested in the other thread. I wonder if you're watching the games or just playing too much NHL 15

Jopoc99

Jul 31, 2014
Boston MA

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick

As much of a pessimist i am, great post. Time will tell. Imo, this year is way more an effort / confidence issue than anything. Hope PC can piece together the right moves without tearing apart whatever chemistry is left.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
This team is Pastarnak + a semi-legit scoring 1st line RW from being a strong competitor.

Book it.

Are you watching the same games as the rest of us?

Our defense is slow, old and atrocious. Our transition game is non existent as we can't complete any passes or we try too many. We have basically no cycle or sustained offensive pressure. Our special teams suck. We currently have 1 forward line that seems to step it up. We get out hit and out muscled every game. We have a coach refusing to make any in game changes or give the younger kids a chance. We are tight up against the CAP with no trades to be made and a GM standing pat. And worst of all every single game is sloppy, boring as hell, and the team cannot for the life of them give a full 60 minute effort.

A rookie and a RW away from being a contender? Please, pass whatever it is you are smoking down this way.

There's nothing to book.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Thankyou for posting this. I am just coming home after working a 12 hour night.I was distracted at work all night thinking about the Bruins demise.You just gave me some hope.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Great post! Thanks for this, so much negativity and it is easy to get dragged down with it. :handclap:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
As much of a pessimist i am, great post. Time will tell. Imo, this year is way more an effort / confidence issue than anything. Hope PC can piece together the right moves without tearing apart whatever chemistry is left.

17 one goal games I think. I thought Krejci and Chara would be the difference there but they are continuing to do just enough to lose.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
17 one goal games I think. I thought Krejci and Chara would be the difference there but they are continuing to do just enough to lose.

Too many passengers; too many people too comfortable. Need to shake up the chemistry. Talk is cheap; "still evaluating " Chiarelli need to act.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Too many passengers; too many people too comfortable. Need to shake up the chemistry. Talk is cheap; "still evaluating " Chiarelli need to act.

Right now it looks like age to me,both old and young,I don't have any issues with the "middle aged" except for Lucic who is simply non productive at this time. Despite all the issues,he's the difference if he was on.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm

I agree.

The thing that is most frustrating is that they have the talent to go on a big streak...to win something like 8 or 9 of 10 games, but they just don't care enough to do it.

Most teams don't have a center combination of Krejci, Bergeron, Soderberg. Most teams don't have 7 guys that can play in the Top 6 forwards. Other teams may have more elite scoring but the Bruins top 3 lines should generally compare favorably to the rest of the league except the top end teams.

The team should have a solid defense, maybe not as good as in the past but at least good enough to be in a playoff position. They have an, at worst, above average goalie.

This Bruins team is entirely healthy now. Other teams win games even with injuries. Winnipeg is missing 4 defensemen (Trouba, Bogosian, Enstrom, and Stuart) + Evander Kane and yet they compete harder than Boston. They don't just mail it in with injuries.

You'd almost rather have a team with less talent in Boston that has to compete hard just not to get blown out like the Bruins in 2007-2008 that grabbed the 8 seed instead of this group of overpaid and complacent players.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The fact that I get up early on a Sunday morning to watch Bruins games which I already know the results o on DVR suggest mental illness on my part.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Just saw the Krug goal. I don't think I can deal with moving him and seeing the power play go back to what it was. I get that he gets exposed in his own zone, but I feel like he's a guy whose minutes can be limited in certain situations.

He possesses a "particular set of skills".

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Just saw the Krug goal. I don't think I can deal with moving him and seeing the power play go back to what it was. I get that he gets exposed in his own zone, but I feel like he's a guy whose minutes can be limited in certain situations.

He possesses a "particular set of skills".

If they had a different coach that got this team to the middle of the pack of powerplay opportunities, then Krug's abilities would be more noticeable. For a defenseman, he is super talented offensively.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The fact that I get up early on a Sunday morning to watch Bruins games which I already know the results o on DVR suggest mental illness on my part.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

the fact that you agreed to take on the enormous responsibilities of a Mod on these boards is really the sign of mental illness smith:sarcasm::laugh:

kidding, you did see the sarcasm emotion no? I`ll suggest you aren`t alone in the DVR`ing of games we know the results for, have done it myself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad