Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Ottawa 3-2 OT.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Thanks Ladyfan.

I know the B's need a top RW (preferably a sniper).

I know Pastrnak is only 18, but he was impressive at the WJC and I wouldn't mind seeing him back with the Bruins at least for a few games to see if he can help our anemic offense and PP.

I also wish the B's would bring up Spooner and/or Koko to get some new blood in the lineup.

It was nice to see Quaider back in the lineup, and Rask looked like last years Rask today.

I am not liking the way Kelly, Campbell and Paille are playing this year, and I'm starting to get worried about Lucic.

kelly has been good this year.
campbell and paille should just be waived.
if we get a big top 6 rw. i think looch will find his mojo again.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks Ladyfan.

I know the B's need a top RW (preferably a sniper). Finding one isn't easy

I know Pastrnak is only 18, but he was impressive at the WJC and I wouldn't mind seeing him back with the Bruins at least for a few games to see if he can help our anemic offense and PP. I think we will get to see him soon

I also wish the B's would bring up Spooner and/or Koko to get some new blood in the lineup. I know there are some injuries on the P. B's. I am not sure if KoKo and/or Spooner are hurt.

It was nice to see Quaider back in the lineup, and Rask looked like last years Rask today. I thought Adam looked pretty good for someone just back. He will help the D and the team toughness.

I am not liking the way Kelly, Campbell and Paille are playing this year, and I'm starting to get worried about Lucic.

IMO Kelly and/ or Soupy will be gone soon. Paille is such a good PKer and if they get rid of Kelly they might want to keep Paille....Plus isn't he the faster skater on the team ?

As for Looch...NO WAY I am giving up on him now. I think he will get it going. I hope the whole team does. I believe it would be a huge mistake to trade him at this time.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
kelly has been good this year.
campbell and paille should just be waived.
if we get a big top 6 rw. i think looch will find his mojo again.

Kelly is watched closely by some (as is Looch) who just wait for any mistake so they can pounce on him.

If you watch ANY player you will find mistakes. Kelly makes too much $$ IMO but I like him as a player.

The WHOLE team needs to find their mojo. I HATE seeing them with the slumping shoulders .

If they have a couple of good games it will help their confidence. They still need a Winger.

Pastrnak will be back for a few games...maybe they are waiting to see what he can do. He seems very talented but also very green. Who knows.

I hope the B's stay healthy and get a little help. The cup is out of reach this year (IMO) but maybe they can start playing better and have fun again.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
IMO Kelly and/ or Soupy will be gone soon. Paille is such a good PKer and if they get rid of Kelly they might want to keep Paille....Plus isn't he the faster skater on the team ?

As for Looch...NO WAY I am giving up on him now. I think he will get it going. I hope the whole team does. I believe it would be a huge mistake to trade him at this time.

Looch may be in a slump, but there comes a point in time where someone has to put their foot down and say "enoughs enough" with him. We all know he has his times of decline, but it gets frustrating after a while, especially for what he's being paid, and considering that he is supposed to be one of the leaders in the locker room.
Only problem is, how long do you give him to break out of his funk?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
^ Lucic is the least of my worries.

He'll get his mojo back. If he was the ONLY one slumping then I'd be concerned. But the team as a whole sucks right now. Everyone is underperforming. It says more about the team then it does about Lucic.

Enough is enough with this TEAM. At least Tuukka is calling it like it is rather than Bergy going with the status quo. I can't imagine Luciv is happy either. He was happy its a new year.

Chia now has to fix his mess.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Good point about Pie. He still is a fast skater, but is probably getting tired of playing with Soup and leftovers all season.

I value your opinion as you go to all the B's home games, but Looch HAS to start contributing to the offense SOON.

Six goals in 39 games is hardly good enough for a $6 million power forward, but I'll try to remain patient with him for awhile.

...and Claude is starting to test my patience as well.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Good point about Pie. He still is a fast skater, but is probably getting tired of playing with Soup and leftovers all season.

I value your opinion as you go to all the B's home games, but Looch HAS to start contributing to the offense SOON.

Six goals in 39 games is hardly good enough for a $6 million power forward, but I'll try to remain patient with him for awhile.

...and Claude is starting to test my patience as well.

It's not just Looch. This whole team is "off".

sigh...It is much more fun when they win.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Looch may be in a slump, but there comes a point in time where someone has to put their foot down and say "enoughs enough" with him. We all know he has his times of decline, but it gets frustrating after a while, especially for what he's being paid, and considering that he is supposed to be one of the leaders in the locker room.
Only problem is, how long do you give him to break out of his funk?

IMO the whole team is in a funk. The players are very frustrated. The whole team needs to get going...including the management. It is pretty clear they need to fill the hole left by Iggy.

They can mix up the lines all they want but they are still short a scoring winger and until they fill that hole it will be more of the same.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

He'll get his mojo back. If he was the ONLY one slumping then I'd be concerned. But the team as a whole sucks right now. Everyone is underperforming. It says more about the team then it does about Lucic.

Enough is enough with this TEAM. At least Tuukka is calling it like it is rather than Bergy going with the status quo. I can't imagine Luciv is happy either. He was happy its a new year.

Love this post.

Dumped Johnny B's $$$ to get a scoring winger....DO IT !!!

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sorry but the team is healthy and still look like crap.
I don't know that we can still call it a slump if it's been the entire season.

Enough is enough. It doesn't sound like there's a trade coming so what do you do with what you have.

Throw what you're doing now out the window, it isn't working.

Vet player or not, if they're playing poorly at this point, scratch them a game or two.
The best effort I saw out of this team all season was when they were missing 2 of their top 6 guys.

Let them sit in the press box and watch guys from Providence come up and give more than what they've been doing. See how the players respond. Love Looch but start with him.

No one seems to be stepping up and saying this type of play is unacceptable. Complete apathy. Roster problems aside, that is very concerning to me.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

My fear is that it will be too late, before the ship can be rectified.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Team started to suck me back in after the Detroit game. Wednesday's Toronto game and today's game has done me in as far as being hopeful that they will turn it around.

I'm not even angry. Just sad:(

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Team started to suck me back in after the Detroit game. Wednesday's Toronto game and today's game has done me in as far as being hopeful that they will turn it around.

I'm not even angry. Just sad:(

Me too. I am a sap and feel for the players as it is clear this isn't very fun for them.

I will try and be positive...

With Quaider back the D should get better. He looked ok for his first game back.

Pastrnak will be back..maybe he will be "that" player...Yeah I know he was here before but the B's were missing many players then.

A few nice wins will help the B's get their confidence back.

Maybe Peter C. will find a player who can help. I have heard that the B's have had scouts at many games...I am not sure who is available.

That is all I've got.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Me too. I am a sap and feel for the players as it is clear this isn't very fun for them.

I will try and be positive...

With Quaider back the D should get better. He looked ok for his first game back.

Pastrnak will be back..maybe he will be "that" player...Yeah I know he was here before but the B's were missing many players then.

A few nice wins will help the B's get their confidence back.

Maybe Peter C. will find a player who can help. I have heard that the B's have had scouts at many games...I am not sure who is available.

That is all I've got.

I bet you'd enjoy watching Yakupov on RW go and play a shift, then change and Pastrnak hops over with his skillsets. It would be quite a change in Boston for the fans to see some young offensive talent.

Enjoy Soderberg while you can perhaps?

Elmer

Dec 18, 2014
Boston
Kelly is watched closely by some (as is Looch) who just wait for any mistake so they can pounce on him.

If you watch ANY player you will find mistakes. Kelly makes too much $$ IMO but I like him as a player.

Umm, what exactly do you like about Kelly? His 4 goals? His physicality? His $3 million a year, no trade contract? His paltry 55 shots on goal, second lowest for a forward on the team after Campbell?

Look, I have nothing personal against Kelly, it's just he's the poster child for Julien's go along to get along, coddle the veterans, stuck in the mud coaching style.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I bet you'd enjoy watching Yakupov on RW go and play a shift, then change and Pastrnak hops over with his skillsets. It would be quite a change in Boston for the fans to see some young offensive talent.

Enjoy Soderberg while you can perhaps?

Is that the Yakupov who has 9 points in 39 games and is -20?

Can't wait to see that.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Umm, what exactly do you like about Kelly? His 4 goals? His physicality? His $3 million a year, no trade contract? His paltry 55 shots on goal, second lowest for a forward on the team after Campbell?

Look, I have nothing personal against Kelly, it's just he's the poster child for Julien's go along to get along, coddle the veterans, stuck in the mud coaching style.

For me it would be his leadership, penalty killing, speed, work ethic, versatility.

And 17 points on the 3rd line isn't bad, considering he missed a few games injured and had to play center for awhile when Krejci was out. Over the course of this horrible season his line (with Ericsson & Soderberg) has been the Bruins best line when together.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
For me it would be his leadership, penalty killing, speed, work ethic, versatility.

And 17 points on the 3rd line isn't bad, considering he missed a few games injured and had to play center for awhile when Krejci was out. Over the course of this horrible season his line (with Ericsson & Soderberg) has been the Bruins best line when together.

Intangibles aren't worth $3M a year with a NMC. Kelly fits his role well as a 3rd line veteran wing. The problem is, he's paid to do more. And he isn't. Fault (Kelly's or Chiarelli's) at this point is moot -- the dude needs to either play better or go. That's it.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
The last two games have been particularly frustrating, today was pretty dead at the Gahden...the crowd's loudest moment was probably when B's killed the first 5-3. We see passion on that bench, but to me the communication doesn't look as tight as past seasons. This might be attributable to the injuries and so many candidates up and down from P-Bruins, but it seems that disappointment and the anticipation of another loss hangs around this team like a rain cloud. They lack resilience, making comebacks hard to accomplish and leads (when attained) seemingly impossible to hold. I believe Chia and FO screwed the chemistry by trading away some leadership (Ference, Thornton) and some "glue" guys (Johnny B), not sure you can get those "intangibles" back by bringing in a scoring RW (but clearly something needs to change).
The mere idea that the ****ing Florida Panthers seem much more likely to make the playoffs than the Bruins is hard pill to swallow (although I still would wish Shawn well!).
For those of us (old!) fans with the long view, here's hoping we are not descending towards the likes of the 1960's Bruins, but just in a down season. As LadyFan says, looks like they might be saving us STH's some money this year:help:

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
21 year old Seth Griffith must not be RW1
23 year old Reilly Smith must not be RW2

Our top two right wingers must not be young forwards, right? I'm not counting Cunningham since he's 24, but I'm sure some of the younger checking players could win that job if they want it.

Btw count me in the group that thought we played well today. Unlucky bounce there for the Sens to tie it so late. From there on meh, not good enough but not worth getting mad over. I doubt we lose that game 5 on 5. Outshot them, out face-offed them, good PK, decent PP. The sens outhit us and outblocked us, and I found both very noticeable. That's unforgivable, we have to be the more physical team with Neil and company all hurt.

Only one I know besides Claude and Chia that has blinders. They played a team 9 points out of a playoff position and lost....but...but..but.. We got a point and shucks guys bad bounces again. Unluckiest team in the world.. Boohoo

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Intangibles aren't worth $3M a year with a NMC. Kelly fits his role well as a 3rd line veteran wing. The problem is, he's paid to do more. And he isn't. Fault (Kelly's or Chiarelli's) at this point is moot -- the dude needs to either play better or go. That's it.

I don't think you can blame Kelly for getting a good contract.

Chia, yeah, you can blame him.

So if Kelly doesn't play better, what, he should retire?

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Chara is so ********** slow, I really think it is time to put him on the market and I know all the Chara lovers on here will say what will do for a #1 dman, well he is no longer a #1 Dman age and injuries have caught up to him and he was never fleet a foot anyway.

I think Chia missed the window on getting decent value for Chara. Even before the injury, he wasn't close to the same player he was the last two years. In retrospect, trading Chara and keeping Boychuk would've made a lot more sense. JMO.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
A ton of pressure on the " still evaluating " guy. His team is not good enough. Need a change of dynamic... very very soon.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I got to catch the third period and overtime of this game. Let's just say I'd prefer it that the Bruins miss the playoffs and leave it at that :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad