Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose in bottom of 12th - We're on to Saint Louis

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
With a fully healthy squad (Chara?) and the way it's being coached,the team is a +1 goal differential. Can't get much more mediocre than that. When was the last +1 or so team in the finals?

Not that much better but they really are +5. They count the shoutouts in GF/GA which is not a real goal...

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
I am not willing to bury them just yet.

I expect them to play their two best games of this road trip in St. Louis and Chicago.

The effort in the 2nd 1/2 of last night's game was there and with any luck (which the Bruins currently don't have) the 2 pts. were there for the taking.

The revised PP which resulted in a goal was the best one we have seen this year.

Seeing Bergeron / Krejci / Eriksson on the PP click last night had me wanting for a few regular shifts of those 3 together.

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country

I expect them to play their two best games of this road trip in St. Louis and Chicago.

The effort in the 2nd 1/2 of last night's game was there and with any luck (which the Bruins currently don't have) the 2 pts. were there for the taking.

The revised PP which resulted in a goal was the best one we have seen this year.

Seeing Bergeron / Krejci / Eriksson on the PP click last night had me wanting for a few regular shifts of those 3 together.

Gotta go with Red on this one.

"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
You say that, but you intentionally leave out that they also won a championship in that time period. That kind of takes the sting off a last place finish or two, no? And they've decided to spend big time this off season to try and win another.

They always spend. I posted was nothing more than stating they where cellar dwellers in two of the last three years.

That's not looking on the Brightside of this miserable Bruins season for me. No reason to believe they can pull another miracle off like two years ago after being pretty pathetic last year.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
They always spend. I posted was nothing more than stating they where cellar dwellers in two of the last three years.

That's not looking on the Brightside of this miserable Bruins season for me. No reason to believe they can pull another miracle off like two years ago after being pretty pathetic last year.

What's worse, sucking for a year, winning it all and then sucking again or coming up short every year since their cup win, and then bottoming out completely? I hate Sox management, but they're at least trying to get better by adding talent. The Bruins have been doing the opposite. They've given away talent for peanuts and gotten significantly worse in the process.

I'm with you about the Bruins, but you didn't have to be a genius or the GM of a team to realize this season was going to be a train wreck. There were plenty of folks here that pointed to losing their top line RW with no replacement and trading a top 4 D man with no replacement as being a real issue. This year was set up to be a disaster because of the piss poor job the GM here did.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
We lost to... the OILERS. Nuff said. Trade some of these bums ASAP! And if Chia can't do it, bring in somebody who will!!

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
What's worse, sucking for a year, winning it all and then sucking again or coming up short every year since their cup win, and then bottoming out completely? I hate Sox management, but they're at least trying to get better by adding talent. The Bruins have been doing the opposite. They've given away talent for peanuts and gotten significantly worse in the process.

I'm with you about the Bruins, but you didn't have to be a genius or the GM of a team to realize this season was going to be a train wreck. There were plenty of folks here that pointed to losing their top line RW with no replacement and trading a top 4 D man with no replacement as being a real issue. This year was set up to be a disaster because of the piss poor job the GM here did.

Don't want to debate Bruins vs Red Sox in regards to the front office/GM. It's apples and oranges. Not having a hard cap makes coaches/gm's/owners look like geniuses and allows them to fix their mistakes with a check.

Chia mistake was not completely going all in last year knowing he mortgaged the teams future by signing Iginla and NOT adding at the dateline.

Seguin and Boychuk are another story all together but I see your point as a whole.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
24 players and the only goal is a miss stickhandling that goes through 5 hole... :laugh:

i cant believe the lack of creativity in their attempts.
try something different.
jesus.

how about a quick fake backhand to forehand.
how about come in with speed, fake forehand, edge to the side, stay on forehand and put it in the net.

these moves work at least 50 percent of the time.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
i cant believe the lack of creativity in their attempts.
try something different.
jesus.

how about a quick fake backhand to forehand.
how about come in with speed, fake forehand, edge to the side, stay on forehand and put it in the net.

these moves work at least 50 percent of the time.
Seriously. There were better moves in the mini one on one

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

That revised PP won't donus much good if we only get one PP a game. We needed that thing in the previous 3 games where a PP goal or two would have been the difference between a win and a loss.

I do think we will see them play better in St Louis and Chicsgo-mostly because this team often seems to play down to bad opponents and up to good ones.

I think the team may play poorly in front of Subban-they just don't trust each other this year.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
The shootout was very entertaining but for the wrong reason. It was entertaining to see how many different ways hockey players can muff a shootout attempt. Mind boggling.

Anyone that says that they did not LOL at least one time is lying.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
The shootout was very entertaining but for the wrong reason. It was entertaining to see how many different ways hockey players can muff a shootout attempt. Mind boggling.

Anyone that says that they did not LOL at least one time is lying.

I think Yaks was the funniest, big looping wind up, setting up the drama, comes in with speed and purpose and loses the puck on a stickhandle to not even get a good shot off.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
This defense has fits when the opposing team skates the puck behind the net. The D don't know how to switch off on that assignment properly and they end up scrambling around and leaving the guy in front of the net open.
Actually, it's the center who's supposed to pick the guy in the slot up. One D chasing, another D pinching/corralling on the chase play, and the center in the slot covering the guy in front of the net. It's definitely not cut-and-dry, but with the Box+1 Julien employs that would be the coverage.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
For those who were smart enough to go to bed and miss the game live - here is the shootout in its full ugliest

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Man, Dougie Hamilton is 3rd on this team in scoring and is a point out of second? Kid is becoming quite the offensive stud. Defense will catch up in due time. One of the bright spots here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad