Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose in bottom of 12th - We're on to Saint Louis

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This group of players (not playing as a team for a long time now) are inventing ways to lose in embarrassing fashion.

Yes, your Boston Bruins just went 0 for 12 in the shootout at the NHL level.

and against edmonton.

We have probably scored 1/20 in the shootout.
And still some calls rask is the reason we lose shootouts.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I feel asleep during the intermission between the 2nd and 3rd. Figured we were about to run away with it. Was very wrong

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I feel asleep during the intermission between the 2nd and 3rd. Figured we were about to run away with it. Was very wrong

Started watching it and about 2 minutes in, I said **** it they'll probably lose to one of the worst team in the league, so I turned it off and went to bed. And I'm more than happy with that decision. :laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
And still finish last two out the last three years. Good for them :handclap: Off to the redsox thread

You say that, but you intentionally leave out that they also won a championship in that time period. That kind of takes the sting off a last place finish or two, no? And they've decided to spend big time this off season to try and win another.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
silver lining: Loui and Pastrnak scored, but more importantly, Clode's 4th line logged 4th line minutes! :amazed:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I should know better, after these games you can't check the bruins facebook page.

The hate that rask gets and all these trade rask comments :shakehead

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I should know better, after these games you can't check the bruins facebook page.

The hate that rask gets and all these trade rask comments :shakehead

He's had a bad stretch, and wasn't great last night either. Can't ask him to do much more in the shootout, but it's not like he should be immune from criticism.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
With a fully healthy squad (Chara?) and the way it's being coached,the team is a +1 goal differential. Can't get much more mediocre than that. When was the last +1 or so team in the finals?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
With a fully healthy squad (Chara?) and the way it's being coached,the team is a +1 goal differential. Can't get much more mediocre than that. When was the last +1 or so team in the finals?

Devils were +11, Oilers were +5. Goal differential (especially at even strength) was always part of the Bruins identity though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's had a bad stretch, and wasn't great last night either. Can't ask him to do much more in the shootout, but it's not like he should be immune from criticism.

he's had 2 tougher games, calgary and edmonton, vancouver game had 4 d-collapses. And still in our losing strecth he has been our mvp.+ 17 straight games, while being sick.

I wouldn't still call out rask first, there are about 20 names before him.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Rask earlier in the year was not great. I really don't think he has been that much worse in February than January. The OT goal in Calgary was bad but he is making a ton of great saves every game but the breakdowns are just far worse as of late. I know the stats say he has been bad in Feb but I would argue he has been very good. We have no shooters for shoot outs so last night shouldn't be that surprising. We have just never needed the points like this year so it is going to hurt one hundred times more this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad