Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose again. SHOCKER

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
tx.lewis.jpg

Looks like hitler's grandson.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think I counted at least 4 occasions were a pass back to Chara at the left point went over or under his stick. Is it still rust? If it is I hope he shakes it soon, we can't afford him out there being slow and clumsy at the moment

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I think I counted at least 4 occasions were a pass back to Chara at the left point went over or under his stick. Is it still rust? If it is I hope he shakes it soon, we can't afford him out there being slow and clumsy at the moment

The lack of mobility I see from Chara is my biggest concern.He was capable of looking clumsy even in his prime .

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm ready for the Bruins to sell a few of their old, tired pieces and let the kids play. I don't think they are salvaging this season enough to make the playoffs.

Get rid of Julien's binkies and make him play the kids. Hope for as high a draft pick as you can get and hopefully we get a good return but Chia will probably somehow manage to choose the once major bust in the top 14.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Time to make some changes

long time bruin fan and I have not missed a game this year. not a big Julien fan but given the success of team and his new three year contract I do believe he gets one more year. Due the bruins cap issue I don't see a blockbuster trade happening especially seeing as PC has let our blockbusters leave for terrible returns. Here what I would like to see going forward.

lucic krecji soderberg

Marchand Bergy Erikkson

smith Kelly Griffith

Cunningham soupy and paille.

I don't think this lineup is the answer however I would like to see if soderberg can fill the right wing. Yes he's a left shot and yes he's not my first pick but given the cap issues we have and his first half of the season I say he's earned a shot. secondly I know people would say our third line has been our best. My answer to that is if your third line is your best you may as well mail the season in. We are only going as far as our top two lines takes us. soderberg is strong on the boards and I think he plays a good style which will help Looch get his game back.

As for our second line I think it's time to realize Smith is over his head as a 19yr old on that line and I think it's time for Edikkson to show he is a good fit in our top 6 at 4.5 a year.

The third line is not good but I think if the Bruins can pry Kassian away and he takes Griffith spot I think this a good tough hard working third line that will pitch in time and time again. This is the deal as a bruin fan we need to expect. With our cap issues were not getting a major trade or player until were saved from the cap.

Our fourth line just needs to get going again. There minutes are too high and I always say a fourth line doesn't need to score just needs to not get scored on and generate. Good energy shift and they are more then capable.

I'm not making excuses as we have been bad all year but we really have caught some bad break hit far too many goal posts and are not getting the calls when we should.

Tukka rask IMO has to be better because at 7 million he needs to be stealing games not just keeping us in there. Carey price does it every night Pekka Rinne does it every night and they make less then Rask.

This is a dangerous team if they sneak into playoffs and not
One I would want to play in the opening round. Remember the Kings??

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
long time bruin fan and I have not missed a game this year. not a big Julien fan but given the success of team and his new three year contract I do believe he gets one more year. Due the bruins cap issue I don't see a blockbuster trade happening especially seeing as PC has let our blockbusters leave for terrible returns. Here what I would like to see going forward.

lucic krecji soderberg

Marchand Bergy Erikkson

smith Kelly Griffith

I don't think this lineup is the answer however I would like to see if soderberg can fill the right wing. Yes he's a left shot and yes he's not my first pick but given the cap issues we have and his first half of the season I say he's earned a shot. secondly I know people would say our third line has been our best. My answer to that is if your third line is your best you may as well mail the season in. We are only going as far as our top two lines takes us. soderberg is strong on the boards and I think he plays a good style which will help Looch get his game back.

As for our second line I think it's time to realize Smith is over his head as a 19yr old on that line and I think it's time for Edikkson to show he is a good fit in our top 6 at 4.5 a year.

The third line is not good but I think if the Bruins can pry Kassian away and he takes Griffith spot I think this a good tough hard working third line that will pitch in time and time again. This is the deal as a bruin fan we need to expect. With our cap issues were not getting a major trade or player until were saved from the cap.

Our fourth line just needs to get going again. There minutes are too high and I always say a fourth line doesn't need to score just needs to not get scored on and generate. Good energy shift and they are more then capable.

I'm not making excuses as we have been bad all year but we really have caught some bad break hit far too many goal posts and are not getting the calls when we should.

Tukka rask IMO has to be better because at 7 million he needs to be stealing games not just keeping us in there. Carey price does it every night Pekka Rinne does it every night and they make less then Rask.

Welcome to the board!! Nice first post too.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

lucic krecji soderberg

Marchand Bergy Erikkson

smith Kelly Griffith

welcome.

Soderberg won't be playing RW any time soon because he's blind in his left eye and there's no way they ask him to skate a lane where he's blind to the middle of the ice. He's also much, much better as a center as we saw last year when he switched from LW to C and his game improved dramatically.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Carey price does it every night Pekka Rinne does it every night and they make less then Rask.
I don't disagree with the notion that everyone on the Bruins has to play better, but Rinne makes the exact same as Rask makes, and Price is getting a raise in 4 years. With the cap going up and considering his level of play, if you average Price's cap hit over the next 7 years I'm sure his will be about 7M too.

hooked

Jul 6, 2005
Not to nitpick but Reilly Smith is 23 and has 170+ NHL games. If anything, I'd throw him on Krecji's line for more than just a shift or 2.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

i dont think its rust.
the ice was horrible and the passes werent flat.
charas hockey iq isnt great. any good defenseman would have their skate there as well because of the bouncing puck.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Not to nitpick but Reilly Smith is 23 and has 170+ NHL games. If anything, I'd throw him on Krecji's line for more than just a shift or 2.

Me to - makes a lot of sense; he's only 23?

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Me to - makes a lot of sense; he's only 23?

Yep.

One of Eriksson, Marchand or Smith needs to be on Krejci's wing. Preferably two. There's really no excuse for it at this point, especially considering 63-46-18 had a great game and 21 has always looked good with Krejci.

This teams needs offense. Right now I don't care if that means only having one scoring line, since right now we have none.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I just checked out the LA Kings results for 21 games last season (Dec 23 - Feb 3) and compared them to the last 21 games for the Bruins (Nov 18 - Jan 4). Interesting:

LA: 21 games - won 5 games, scored 33 goals, shutout 5 times

Boston: 21 games - won 8 games, scored 52 goals, shutout 2 times

So maybe there is hope after all, at least in making the playoffs, and then who knows.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I just checked out the LA Kings results for 21 games last season (Dec 23 - Feb 3) and compared them to the last 21 games for the Bruins (Nov 18 - Jan 4). Interesting:

So maybe there is hope after all, at least in making the playoffs, and then who knows.

cherry picking?

But I hear you, the point is that a good team can have an extended bad spell.

From there I say "what do you see when you watch the games? Do you see promise?" Right now, no.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
cherry picking?

But I hear you, the point is that a good team can have an extended bad spell.

From there I say "what do you see when you watch the games? Do you see promise?" Right now, no.

No, I don't right now but I didn't watch the Kings games either so it would be hard to compare anything like that. I'm sure the fans were saying the same things as the Bruins fans are right now.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

The Kings went out and acquired Marián Gáborík for close to nothing to solve their offensive woes.

Chiarelli will overpay for Antoine Vermette.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
i dont think its rust.
the ice was horrible and the passes werent flat.
charas hockey iq isnt great. any good defenseman would have their skate there as well because of the bouncing puck.

Or maybe it has something to do with his being 6'9 and not being able to comfortably shift his body around to use his skates the way a Recchi or Krug might.... not hockey IQ (laughable to even hint at Chara lacking that, utterly ridiculous)... even more laughable is to say "any good defenseman" while implying Chara is not.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

He's not a 30 something year old washed up grinding veteran

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
And you think we would even have a slight chance against Montreal or Tampa? :help:
Yes,I do. The playoffs are a different animal.When is the last time either one of those teams had a deep playoff run? When Boston and Montreal meet in the playoffs,you might as well throw out the regular season because anything can happen.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
I'm not saying Rask has been awful this season but he has not earned 7 million a year. Guys like Rinne and Price are stealing games and IMO Price stole that series last year and badly outplayed Tukka Rask.

he needs to better along with Bergy and Looch. I'm giving Krecji and Chara another 5 games then I will add them to the list.

Also I will say a lot of people on this board are very quick to dismiss Lucic and want to trade for Taylor Hall. As a Canadian I see a lot of Oiler games and yes Taylor Hall is a good player but he is not worth the 6 million price tag and has 0 playoff experience. Would be a great addition but would defiently not over pay. Also very prone to injury. lucic will eventually wake up mark my words.

And just a thought here. I don't like the position this team is in right now but if they can find away to get hot at the right time. Trust me they are dangerous. especially if PC can make that right addition. LA did it last year and 2 years before that.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Yep.

One of Eriksson, Marchand or Smith needs to be on Krejci's wing. Preferably two. There's really no excuse for it at this point, especially considering 63-46-18 had a great game and 21 has always looked good with Krejci.

This teams needs offense. Right now I don't care if that means only having one scoring line, since right now we have none.

Even more importantly is the fact that #17 has to be separated from #46. Wasting Krejci's god given hockey talent with the current version we are seeing of Milan Lucic is the biggest anchor holding this line and our offensive capabilities back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad