Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose again. SHOCKER

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
So you mean it's a miracle we are closer to 3rd overall than 28th?

42 more games, only 1pt behind the lowly Leafs and the last WC spot. I won't give up on this team. They are sucking right now. No doubt. They can be much better and they will.

The President trophy and the total domination over the rest of the league was mocked because of their abysmal showing against a team they should have beaten in the playoffs. Ultimately, all this suckiness will be forgiven if they come to play when it counts. But they have first to qualify.

Get in hot and beat the weak East.

Go B's!

Correction.....they have sucked all. season. long.

I think they had on decent win streak early, but ever since then it's been win one, lose one.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It also feels like they take the best player available in the draft despite not having room for him at his position.

Hamill- total bust

Spooner-develop him at Center despite the fact that he isn't going to be your checking line center and he isn't going to be your 1st or 2nd scoring line center. So what's the point? Move him to wing late in his development. Now he has what value exactly?

Seguin-(ok maybe we all thought they could move him to the wing ala Kessel so they get a pass here as he was the obvious #2 pick) The fit didn't work. Question the return if you must.

Hamilton-Jury is still out IMO. Ups and downs. Defensement take longer to develop.

Subban-Rask isn't going anywhere with that deal. What do you hope to gain from this? Flip him?

Hard to replenish from within the organization when you lose players to the cap when you have so little to show for your 1st round picks.

Interesting point, and I was going to totally agree, then I went back and looked at the 2012 draft. If they passed on Subban to take a D or W it would have given them one of the following:

Jordan Schmaltz (still in NCAA)
Brady Skjei (Still in NCAA)
Stefan Matteau in AHL most likely a 3rd liner
Tanner Pearson LW having success in NHL

That's the rest of the 1st round, the 2nd round that year hasn't produced 1 guy who has become an NHL regular yet. (Damon Severson taken at the end of the 2nd round is almost there).

Thus unless Pearson was the next guy on their board after Subban, I don't see anyone who would be on this team right now contributing. Some good prospects there, and maybe one would be here NEXT year, but skipping Subban for one of them wouldn't have helped this year.

BudMovin*

Interesting point, and I was going to totally agree, then I went back and looked at the 2012 draft. If they passed on Subban to take a D or W it would have given them one of the following:

Jordan Schmaltz (still in NCAA)
Brady Skjei (Still in NCAA)
Stefan Matteau in AHL most likely a 3rd liner
Tanner Pearson LW having success in NHL

That's the rest of the 1st round, the 2nd round that year hasn't produced 1 guy who has become an NHL regular yet. (Damon Severson taken at the end of the 2nd round is almost there).

Thus unless Pearson was the next guy on their board after Subban, I don't see anyone who would be on this team right now contributing. Some good prospects there, and maybe one would be here NEXT year, but skipping Subban for one of them wouldn't have helped this year.

Don't forget Matt Finn who is now in the Echl. I believe when we selected Subban, most people thought he was the guy we should have taken.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I haven't been this down on this team in a long time

tx.lewis.jpg

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick

He played exact same system we are seeing right now in the defensive end. It's so passive it hurts. I watch for this every game. If the opposing team takes the puck behind the net on the cycle. The B's don't know how to switch off properly. They always end up spending the rest of the shift running around and looking foolish.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i havent been this down on them since 09-10.
same type of team.
lots of turnovers snd no scoring

Andrew83

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
The only bright side is that the Bruins keep getting 1 point by taking the games to OT and Detroit & Toronto are struggling right now too. Tampa Bay has also slowed down a little.

To start to turn this around I'd like to see them get at least 4 points against Pittsburgh, New Jersey, and Philadelphia.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
TENKRAT!!! some nights i feel like we're watching donovan, primeau and mowers on the PP again. it's enough to drive a guy to glue and meth.

At least if I was on glue and meth I might get entertained by watching the frame of the TV melt- or watch Marchand morph into Gonzo the muppet..

To me, I would sooner watch *inadequate skilled players* put in an adequate effort.
What we are watching now, seems almost complacent earned my pay check type stuff.
Give me some Hogan and Reich. At least they tried - OH and during our duress watching them, we KNEW our future would be better.

Watching this iteration of the bruins does not leave me happy with the effort, and any hope for the next year seems fleeting.

They are going to end up 12th worst in the NHL or so - maybe worse(15th??)

Not much confidence on who they will pick - nor confidence the GM can make this better.
Bleak.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Painfully obvious that Chara is nothing but a liability right now. It's very unfortunate. Not much you can do but hope he figures something/anything out.

Rask stole this one but his teammates couldn't give him the W. That's not good for anyone's confidence.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Don't forget Matt Finn who is now in the Echl. I believe when we selected Subban, most people thought he was the guy we should have taken.

Amazing that I remember that. I too thought they were gonna take Finn, it seemed wholly logical at the time.

At least if I was on glue and meth I might get entertained by watching the frame of the TV melt- or watch Marchand morph into Gonzo the muppet..

To me, I would sooner watch *inadequate skilled players* put in an adequate effort.
What we are watching now, seems almost complacent earned my pay check type stuff.
Give me some Hogan and Reich. At least they tried - OH and during our duress watching them, we KNEW our future would be better.

Watching this iteration of the bruins does not leave me happy with the effort, and any hope for the next year seems fleeting.

They are going to end up 12th worst in the NHL or so - maybe worse(15th??)

Not much confidence on who they will pick - nor confidence the GM can make this better.
Bleak.

:laugh:lol
HELL yes!
IF they crash and burn it should be to the ground so that Cam can justify a front office cleaning out, a re-evaluation of their minor league coaching (teaching) system, and a to send Clode to a Soviet style "re-education camp."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad