Post-Game Talk: Bruins 5 - Isles 2 (we be sick edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
How can you pick an MVP right now? You can't. The whole f***ing team deserves the award together.

Reactions: Grimey

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I have missed the last two games because I had surgery on Wednesday...it sounds like it will be worth watching them on Game Centre once I am home tomorrow! Then a live game!!!

I loved reading the comments here. The wifi is terrible and it is not possible to stream them here.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I have missed the last two games because I had surgery on Wednesday...it sounds like it will be worth watching them on Game Centre once I am home tomorrow! Then a live game!!!

I loved reading the comments here. The wifi is terrible and it is not possible to stream them here.

I hope whatever it was, that everything went well for you. Welcome back. :)

Reactions: caz16

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Just heard the Jan 10 edition of the new 31 Thoughts podcast. At about 16:00 mark, Elliott tells about asking Barzal about a story he heard around the draft: “a team” interviewing the young phenom asked “what if we don’t take you?” And he supposedly answered, “good luck with that.”
You’d have to listen to the 2:00 clip for context. Just thought some might find it of interest.

Sounds like a *****e with that answer.

Really? I love this answer. This is why guys like Tom Brady and Richard Sherman are so successful. They're late round picks and are out to prove something every single day. That type of answer tells me that's a guy that's not going to accept anything less than the best version of himself. He's going to use getting passed on as motivation. I forget what player it was, but there was an NFL player that could name every single person that was picked before him, and was a perennial pro-bowler. Sure it's a bit arrogant, but I'd rather have confidence than lack of it.

Reactions: maxbme and sooshii

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Really? I love this answer. This is why guys like Tom Brady and Richard Sherman are so successful. They're late round picks and are out to prove something every single day. That type of answer tells me that's a guy that's not going to accept anything less than the best version of himself. He's going to use getting passed on as motivation. I forget what player it was, but there was an NFL player that could name every single person that was picked before him, and was a perennial pro-bowler. Sure it's a bit arrogant, but I'd rather have confidence than lack of it.

It's Richard Sherman from Stanford. He was judged on attitude and face it he became better because that fire was lit.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

I believe you’re thinking of Draymond Green. There are videos of him reciting 34 names. I’m sure guys like Aaron Rodgers can do it too, but doubt late round picks in leagues like the NFL and NHL (Brady, Zetterberg, etc.) would ever memorise close to or in excess of 200 names for that purpose. Easier in the NBA :laugh:

But as you said, for many of these guys, including Barzal and Rodgers, not being picked in the top 3 (or outright first) is probably a slight.

I googled it. And like Brady (and many of his fans) can name all QB’s drafted before him, Sherman can name all 24 DB’s drafted before him. Easier to go by position groups in such deep drafts...

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Hope Montreal beat Caps in regulation only to get demolished next night. Bruins OT win would obviously be the most beneficial in giving them a worse draft spot, but rather see a 10-0 beating.

One down, one to go. Thank you, Niemi! :laugh:

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Whatever your opinion is about him, he's productive,and second among forwards in plus minus. Top 15 player Tavares has 7 more points,but 7 less on the plus minus meter. Barzal's on track to be a top 10 or top 5 producer in this league,special.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Whatever your opinion is about him, he's productive,and second among forwards in plus minus. Top 15 player Tavares has 7 more points,but 7 less on the plus minus meter. Barzal's on track to be a top 10 or top 5 producer in this league,special.
I am not going to write my opinion on him a third time in two pages. As I said, it's a lot of offensive flash, let's see if it's sustainable (as into a career), especially once people get used to how he plays.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I believe you’re thinking of Draymond Green. There are videos of him reciting 34 names. I’m sure guys like Aaron Rodgers can do it too, but doubt late round picks in leagues like the NFL and NHL (Brady, Zetterberg, etc.) would ever memorise close to or in excess of 200 names for that purpose. Easier in the NBA :laugh:

But as you said, for many of these guys, including Barzal and Rodgers, not being picked in the top 3 (or outright first) is probably a slight.

I googled it. And like Brady (and many of his fans) can name all QB’s drafted before him, Sherman can name all 24 DB’s drafted before him. Easier to go by position groups in such deep drafts...

Yeah those are a couple examples.

I'll just add, their were rumors that Barzal didn't interview well with the B's and that's part of the reason they past. I hope it wasn't because of one comment like that. Now, if he walks in there and is talking about how great he is, how he's going to be a 1st line C, etc., that's a totally different story. But if he went in there and was composed and just answered one question like that, I hope that wasn't the reason. There's a fine line between arrogance and cockiness and being confident. The former is usually not something that's desirable, especially because it can be tough to coach. We'll obviously never know everything that got said or asked, but it seems strange to me that it comes out on a night where they are playing the B's and that was the rumor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad