Brown vs. Luongo Controversy(?)

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
surprised this wasn't picked up already. i was reading it at lunch.

Kerry 'the Hair' Fraser responding to the 'running of Luongo' by Brown. i think it sums up what most all here already, but essentially puts to rest the VAN fans opinion concerning this play.

below is his analysis of the play:

"Now comes the big question mark in the game when Dustin Brown scored the go-ahead goal for the Kings early in the 3'rd and made significant contact with Roberto Luongo. FYI, I broke this one down frame-by-frame not to question the referee's decision but only to provide you with an accurate take on the play. As Brown followed his shot near the top of the crease he started to square up his posture and skates in preparation for a stop motion. At that instant Mike Santorelli slipped his right leg between the skates of Brown and contacted Brown's right shin just below the knee. Based on the force and location of the contact a leg whip caused Dustin Brown's body to rotate in a spin toward Luongo. The "roll" that Brown executed while airborne I could argue was in an attempt to minimize and avoid direct contact with his shoulder on the Vancouver goalie which could have been more significant. As a result of the leg contact applied by Mike Santorelli at the top of the goal crease Dustin Brown was propelled into the goal crease and Roberto Luongo."

link to the entire article: http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=440626

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Well, there isn't a controversy :P It is just Canuck fans, which are the loudest and noisiest of all, and Brown haters. It is the perfect storm of whine, but anyone who has watched the video sees Brown was propelled into Luongo. He even tries to swipe his hands in the air to pull himself away from Luongo and as soon as he hits the ice he drags himself immediately away. Brown isn't stupid here, he wants the goal, he doesn't want it to be waived off, he is doing everything he can to not touch Luongo.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Well, there isn't a controversy :P It is just Canuck fans, which are the loudest and noisiest of all, and Brown haters. It is the perfect storm of whine, but anyone who has watched the video sees Brown was propelled into Luongo. He even tries to swipe his hands in the air to pull himself away from Luongo and as soon as he hits the ice he drags himself immediately away. Brown isn't stupid here, he wants the goal, he doesn't want it to be waived off, he is doing everything he can to not touch Luongo.

i hear you. the questions (three of them) all from butthurt Nucks fans. Fraser spells out what he saw from a veteran set of eyes.

VAN fans can call us blind and homer-ish. we can do the same, but when a vet ref clearly spells out what he saw.....end of story

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Thought you guys might like to know...The show Horrible Bosses" is filming an episode at Staple during you game Monday against the Canucks. Should be interesting.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

More than a few accused Brown of swinging his leg around to make contact on purpose, and that Santorelli contact had nothing to do with him running into Luongo. Go figure.:shakehead

Captain Mittens*

More than a few accused Brown of swinging his leg around to make contact on purpose, and that Santorelli contact had nothing to do with him running into Luongo. Go figure.:shakehead

Some people just refuse to let facts get in the way of a good story

Asheru

Jun 28, 2011
Gotta love the comments...

"B-bu-but Hertl was injured too, and that Phoenix player also had a bruise two years ago! Somebody do something!"

"I think he deliberately spun in the air like Keanu Reeves in the Matrix! And he made it seem like Santorelli pushed him in! He's just that good!"

Brown can't drink out of the right end of a water bottle, but he's ace at being so evil no video can detect it. :)

fyrescorp

Apr 19, 2006
Thought you guys might like to know...The show Horrible Bosses" is filming an episode at Staple during you game Monday against the Canucks. Should be interesting.

Thank you very much! The marathon night and Peoples Choice night were both nightmares. Will take the subway.

Ron*

Thank you very much! The marathon night and Peoples Choice night were both nightmares. Will take the subway.

L.A. Live is fantastic, but this crap really gets me under the skin. Having to be shepherded like cattle really pissed me off the other night.

Let's face it, Kings fans don't even rate second best when it comes to the whole AEG superstructure. They really don't give a **** that these events really inconvenience us greatly.

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
It's not just the fans though. You have media types like Jason Botchford who refers to Brown as the "Accidental Cheap Shot Artist" in his column.

I guess not everyone knows by now that Dustin Brown has earned a reputation over the years for “accidentally on purpose.†He manages to ride this bizarre line between honest mistake and devastating cheap shot. It’s quite a skill.

Article Link

The Dustin Brown picture they use is nice.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What controversy.
Even Kerry Fraser broke down that Brown tried getting out of the way and he is a homer for Canadian teams.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's not just the fans though. You have media types like Jason Botchford who refers to Brown as the "Accidental Cheap Shot Artist" in his column.

Article Link

The Dustin Brown picture they use is nice.

Bizarre claim with unsubstantiated evidence? Shocker!

The guy must be an active poster in HFBoards Brown threads.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: