Rumor: "Decision has been made" to trade or waive Trouba - Larry Brooks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So there was never a trade offer to wings to begin with? It then went to waive or be traded, now it's a jk none of this actually happened?

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
He won't accept a trade to a team even on his list?

So he'll void his contract? But I guess we're gonna give him his way?

I guess we're just f***ed and have to essentially give him a full NMC because of his wife?

I guess his family is more important than any other player who has been traded in pro sports

Trouba has cried his way into a 30 team NMC despite that not being in his contract.

• Haha
Reactions: Run the Jewels

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
so I hear

It's ironically delicious that Stevens now suffers from PCS.
Messier might have high blood pressure from all the Lays salty snacks he eats.

Combined with good old boy Trouba, those two can shove their "leadership" straight up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
When Trouba signed this current seven-year, $56M contract in July of 2019 after having been acquired as a pending restricted free agent from Winnipeg, his five-year no-movement clause was designed to expire in conjunction with his wife Kelly Tyson-Trouba’s completion of her three-year residency at a New York hospital.

But Dr. Tyson-Trouba’s residency was deferred for a year at the start so that the program which she is required to complete will end instead on July 1, 2025. The Troubas also welcomed their first child, a boy named Axel, in mid-January.

There is no guarantee that Jacob Trouba would accept a trade even to a club on his approved list if that means leaving his wife and nine-month-old (as of training camp) behind. It is not as if Dr. Tyson-Trouba can pick up, transfer her credits to another hospital, accompany her husband and still be licensed as a physician.
We are told that has become part of the league-wide conversation, with several teams that otherwise would have been in big-time on Trouba now likely to wait until next year when Dr. Tyson-Trouba’s residency ends with the defenseman having one final season on his contract.

Sources report that communication between Trouba, his camp and Drury and management have been professional without animosity that would infect or negatively impact the defenseman’s role as captain. If nothing further develops, it might become a one-sentence Q&A the first day of training camp.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Oh boy now it gets messy.. So because of his wife.. The rangers cant operate the way they want to?
Uh, no. Because the Rangers gave Trouba a No-Move Clause, he has the right to stay in New York if he wants to for any reason. Rangers could’ve negotiated a deal without trade or movement protection but that would’ve cost more money. Trouba’s done nothing wrong here

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
As a long time Sharks fan, I call malarkey. Doug Wilson spent 20 years trying to build San Jose up as a sought after free agent destination. Tons of effort poured in with the grand results of the biggest UFA acquisitions being past their primes Rob Blake, Paul Martin, and Joel Ward. At the same time Vegas has been extremely ruthless with how they move players in and out; and they get respect for being an org that is solely focused on winning. It makes no sense for the Sharks to not make a move that improves their team because it may not entirely align to a players image of their perfect life.

This is to say, that being overly concerned with hurting Trouba’s fee fees when the Sharks aren’t the team waiving him is a bunch of croc. Trouba’s a professional and if having a guarantee that he couldn’t being waived was paramount to him should have instructed his agent to make monetary concessions to lock in a NMC for the full term of his current contract.

And if Trouba REALLY doesn’t like not having control of his destination he is fully capable of mutually terminating his contract with the Rangers and signing a new deal with whatever team he wants. So acting like Trouba hasn’t had or doesn’t have agency here is a bunch of piece of shit.

This is completely incorrect and backwards - Im not sure where to even begin. In short, no Trouba and Goodrow would not be toxic in the locker room. They are professionals. And no, SJ would not have a bad reputation for claiming a player.

You guys really need to actually research his situation to understand that his unwillingness to accept a trade is rooted in very real family issues. And yes the Sharks would absolutely be jackasses to claim Trouba and make him play across the country from his 9 month old and wife, both of which cannot move until next year because of her residency. Doctors can’t just up and transfer those.

But sure I’m crazy and Trouba is being a brat over hurt “fee fees” if he is claimed/traded. Not like it’s anything legitimate and anyone who cares one iota about Trouba as a human and father wouldn’t forcibly put him in a position to choose his career or family.

Reactions: Cinderblox

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Uh, no. Because the Rangers gave Trouba a No-Move Clause, he has the right to stay in New York if he wants to for any reason. Rangers could’ve negotiated a deal without trade or movement protection but that would’ve cost more money. Trouba’s done nothing wrong here
He doesn't have a full no movement clause anymore...

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He won't accept a trade to a team even on his list?

So he'll void his contract? But I guess we're gonna give him his way?

I guess we're just f***ed and have to essentially give him a full NMC because of his wife?

I guess his family is more important than any other player who has been traded in pro sports

Trouba has cried his way into a 30 team NMC despite that not being in his contract.
Trouba probably got offered to 31 teams and they all told the Rangers to pound sand.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
You guys really need to actually research his situation to understand that his unwillingness to accept a trade is rooted in very real family issues. And yes the Sharks would absolutely be jackasses to claim Trouba and make him play across the country from his 9 month old and wife, both of which cannot move until next year because of her residency. Doctors can’t just up and transfer those.

But sure I’m crazy and Trouba is being a brat over hurt “fee fees” if he is claimed/traded. Not like it’s anything legitimate and anyone who cares one iota about Trouba as a human and father wouldn’t forcibly put him in a position to choose his career or family.

I actually read that article after I posted my comment, and yes I wasn’t fully aware of their situation. I’ll just say it did meaningfully change my opinion of the situation, that it is rooted in more than Trouba just pouting over not getting everything his way. Personally, I’m more sympathetic to his wife’s situation finishing her residency as I’m aware of both how demanding residency is and how handcuffed residents are to their program until completion; and she certainly shouldn’t be punished for happening to be one of the few hockey wives with a dedicated highly demanding career. That they have a young child, and I say this as a parent, sure it would be disruptive, but plenty of parents move house with young children all the time.

So for the time being, I retract my mild tirade on Trouba’s situation. But come Trouba’s next offseason, and for all other players, f*** YOUR FEE FEES.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Even if he were willing to waive his NMC, I can't imagine any team willing to take him on without significant retention. Dude is a huge defensive liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad