Proposal: Brodin to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Edmonton needs a top 4. Had chemistry with Klefbom and Nurse played his best hockey with Larsson.

Buffalo is looking for a partner for Dahlin.

St.Louis is weak on LD and Bouwmesster is looking cooked.

Toronto needs a top pairing shutdown defenceman to pair with Reilly.

Winnipeg is likely losing Myers and could use a top 4 LD.
OK Now what would be the ask from those teams?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Khovanov has similar stats to Suzuki this year. What's wrong with him?

Khovanov has some weaknesses in his two-way game, partially based on strength which is certainly something that can be improved, but his effort in playing defense has also been noted to be lacking at times. He's a really offensively focused player, which is fine, but it might not be the best in translating to center at the NHL level.
Suzuki is already really strong on his skates and with the puck, and is known to show a consistently strong work ethic. Suzuki is also a faster and better skater at this point.

I'm not saying Khovanov won't make it or can't make it, I'm just saying at this point, Suzuki is a safer bet to be a top 6 center, Khovanov can boom or bust. I really like Khovanov, I think we got a gem with him, I just think he's more suited for wing at the NHL level, just like Granlund was.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I think people are seriously overvaluing Brodin. Even if they weren't, this trade doesn't make sense.

I get that the Wild are not great but they've bet on their core so far, I can't see them stripping down and rebuilding. At best this trade wouldn't happen til next year but by then Brodin wouldn't have the term to fetch a high end prospect.

Montreal isn't ready to buy in by selling off their top prospect.

Doesn't make sense to me. Also I don't like the value.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think people are seriously overvaluing Brodin. Even if they weren't, this trade doesn't make sense.

I get that the Wild are not great but they've bet on their core so far, I can't see them stripping down and rebuilding. At best this trade wouldn't happen til next year but by then Brodin wouldn't have the term to fetch a high end prospect.

Montreal isn't ready to buy in by selling off their top prospect.

Doesn't make sense to me. Also I don't like the value.

Wild are looking to re-tool. Getting a top 6 center is the top priority. It's not a fire sale, it's trading one or two guys to be better off in the long run. Suzuki should be NHL ready by the time Koivu/Staal are gone.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Would obviously depend on the prospect, and I don't think we're necessarily closed to the idea of the guy being a winger if he's a good enough prospect, but just looking at the prospect pool right now, we have Sokolov, Kaprizov, Kunin, Greenway, Dewar, Lodnia as our winger prospects, and McBain and Khovanov as our center prospects. Of course, they may not remain centers when going pro, and their offensive upside is still in question (though they look promising).

The reason you target a guy like Suzuki is because it's pretty clear that he has all the tools it would take to become a top 6 C. You can be pretty confident that he'll reach that level as a center in the NHL. Right now, we need that confidence in one of our centers.
I meant more like restricting the return to only forward prospects, they're all a shot in the dark outside of a handful of blue chips, but I can see why you wouldn't would want to steer away from wingers at least if the system is fairly log jammed there.

Brodin is a guy that I'd love for the Leafs to go after but we don't have a lot to offer in terms of center prospects, we do have D prospects though

Kotkaniemi is a roster player and a future star 1C , stop being an ass.
he's calder eligible, he's a prospect. And that's the most optimistic result for a guy who's performing at a 3rd line rate, albeit being rushed into the league

Yet Suzuki > Sandin+1st. Sure bud.
not surprised that's your opinion

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I meant more like restricting the return to only forward prospects, they're all a shot in the dark outside of a handful of blue chips, but I can see why you wouldn't would want to steer away from wingers at least if the system is fairly log jammed there.

Brodin is a guy that I'd love for the Leafs to go after but we don't have a lot to offer in terms of center prospects, we do have D prospects though

he's calder eligible, he's a prospect. And that's the most optimistic result for a guy who's performing at a 3rd line rate, albeit being rushed into the league

not surprised that's your opinion
Kotkaniemi’s gonna be making Leafs fans hate him for the next 15 years. God you guys are jealous of our young guns. You know we can easily ruin you by offering Marner 14 x 7
Wanna throw shade let’s throw shade. Then once Domi lays the right hit on Matthews there it is, franchise over.

Stop devaluing our players, it’s about as respectful as what I just ranted at you.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Kotkaniemi’s gonna be making Leafs fans hate him for the next 15 years. God you guys are jealous of our young guns. You know we can easily ruin you by offering Marner 14 x 7
Wanna throw shade let’s throw shade. Then once Domi lays the right hit on Matthews there it is, franchise over.

Stop devaluing our players, it’s about as respectful as what I just ranted at you.
Not devaluing, appropriately valuing, you have hilariously rose coloured glasses for all things Habs my friend. I think you'd be surprised how few fanbases are jealous of your youth, until you can add a franchise level prospect you don't have the most important piece and you seem to be playing your way out of that opportunity again this year

we went over the Marner thing yesterday, if you guys want to overpay him by 40-50% while giving up 4 first round picks, we'd live with it and it will definitely ruin one of our franchises

Domi is a player that no one is afraid of (unless they're skating away from a fight in the preseason)

I have no problem admitting the truth.
I'm not surprised you think that's the truth

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not devaluing, appropriately valuing, you have hilariously rose coloured glasses for all things Habs my friend. I think you'd be surprised how few fanbases are jealous of your youth, until you can add a franchise level prospect you don't have the most important piece and you seem to be playing your way out of that opportunity again this year

we went over the Marner thing yesterday, if you guys want to overpay him by 40-50% while giving up 4 first round picks, we'd live with it and it will definitely ruin one of our franchises

Domi is a player that no one is afraid of (unless they're skating away from a fight in the preseason)

I'm not surprised you think that's the truth
I'm pretty sure most Non- Leaf fans know it's the truth

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
that's fair, I was generalizing. I have don't have many reasonable interactions with Habs fans on here, but have a lot with most other fanbases

Stop engaging with people that don't actually engage meaningfully. It got a lot easier to engage with Leafs fans once I added most of the worst ones to my ignore list.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Really? Name me 5 teams who has a Suzuki-like prospect they would be willing to trade for Brodin and have a need for him.

Actually, why don’t you make a list of all 29 teams and their offer they would be « ok with giving » that beats Suzuki and then let’s hear what their fans think of it. I’m interested

As an Isles fan I'd offer a signed Nelson, Pelech and a 1st. Brodin is a solid, consistent Top 4, you aren't getting him cheap for a really nice, but unproven prospect and a fringe NHL defender.

A future D pairing group of Leddy, Brodin and Toews on the LD and Dobson, Pulock and Wilde on the RD makes my mouth water.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad