Proposal: Brock Nelson to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Would be the perfect fit for NYR long term. Only problem is he plays for our rival. That didn’t stop Lou from acquiring Zajac and Greene from NJ though. Any chance NYR can trade for Nelson? What would be the cost?

Matt Robertson/Zac Jones
Filip Chytil
1st round pick ‘22
4th round pick ‘23

For

Brock Nelson
Andy Greene

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Would be the perfect fit for NYR long term. Only problem is he plays for our rival. That didn’t stop Lou from acquiring Zajac and Greene from NJ though. Any chance NYR can trade for Nelson? What would be the cost?

Matt Robertson/Zac Jones
Filip Chytil
1st round pick ‘22
4th round pick ‘23

For

Brock Nelson
Andy Greene
Bad offer withstanding. Lou has never traded with the Rangers. Even when with the Devils, he traded with the Isles.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think the only Rangers/Islanders trade that’s ever happened in recent memory was a depth AHL dman for like a 6th round pick.

Brock Nelson is a very good player, but the 3x$6M left on his deal might be difficult to navigate with the cap. Regardless, Lou is never trading with the Rangers

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
no, thanks,
NYR doesn't need the drama of importing a career Isle
there are lots of comparable alternatives if NYR decide to spend high

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
For Nelson, Othmann or Schneider needs to be on the table. He's worth it. Don't think that package gets it's done although I'd be thrilled if it did.
I’d trade Othmann for Nelson. Schneider just isn’t happening though

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
And watch the Rangers potentially win a Stanley Cup, cmon brother we’re not even trading with the Maple Leafs let alone our crosstown rivals. No it’s not the Protestants and the Catholics but it ain’t to far away. Joking of course….

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
And watch the Rangers potentially win a Stanley Cup, cmon brother we’re not even trading with the Maple Leafs let alone our crosstown rivals. No it’s not the Protestants and the Catholics but it ain’t to far away. Joking of course….
They need to justify another cup after the 1980s Oilers won them the last one in 94.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Nelson gets points but I've never seen the appeal as one of the better 2cs in the league. Smart player with a good shot, that seems to be intelligent to find the right places at the right time. The amount of bounces I've seen go his way or off him is ridiculous. He's been great for the Islanders and shuts me up everytime I watch him, I just don't know if our style is going to get that same result from him.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
They need to justify another cup after the 1980s Oilers won them the last one in 94.
Cool? Last I checked they still had a parade with the cup. You could insult this team a lot better than calling their cup win an Oiler cup win.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011

Matt Robertson/Zac Jones
Filip Chytil
1st round pick ‘22
4th round pick ‘23

For

Brock Nelson
Andy Greene

Isles decline....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Absolutely not. Let the Islanders start their own damn rebuild.
yes

do not want youth for 30 yr old vet
We need younger cheaper, mo upside Chytil to replace Strome
do not want to waste other assets

We'd play him at wing per the genius bernmeister plan. With Boo Nieves centering him. Unstoppable.
this is out of context and misquotes me.
And it is not the first time. Retract, or I will consider my options...

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad