Player Discussion (RD) Brock Faber (Certified Stud)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Screenshot_20240430_114040_Wild.jpg

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
What would surprise you more, him finishing 1st place, or 3rd?
3rd, for sure.

Durability...readiness...completeness...difficulty of defense versus offense...an innate dislike of Chicago tanking and previously sheltering a sexual predator... dumping Corey Perry for a yet-undisclosed transgression.... these are the kinds of things the pencil-sucking hockey journalists may consider in voting for the Calder Trophy.

So, I expect a Bedard win (and that's fine, he's good) but Faber finishing first would show that people are actually watching the Wild (a new thing).

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Runner up for the Calder with 42 first place votes, made the All rookie team, phenomenal start for the young man. I found the below quote to be an excellent summation of what separates him from others:

Greg Cronin, Ducks coach​

“He’s terrific. I didn’t know much about him, I heard his name. His stats stick out, there’s a lot of press on him so his name pops up. I watched him closely in Prescott. But he’s a really good hockey player. Not only a great player, but his IQ is what separates him. He’s got the skating component. He’s smart. He gets up in the play at the right times, breaks out pucks really well. He does a lot of false moves to bait a forechecker into a spin off, some high level things. I saw Makar do that quite a bit and (Devon) Toews and (Bowen) Byram. He does it really well.”

More quotes from around the league in this article: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/55...act-calder-trophy/?source=user_shared_article

Reactions: Sweetnut

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
8 x $9-$9.5M
7 x $8.5-8.9$M
6 x $8-$8.4

3 x $6.5-$6.9M
2 x $6-$6.4M
Really wonder if there is going to be a slight home town discount. Very close to his sister, who has some sort of disability. Never player outside of MN.

Seems like he may have more motivation to take slightly less.

MN would probably have to play hard ball for a few years to get that though. Not sure they wanna do that.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Really wonder if there is going to be a slight home town discount. Very close to his sister, who has some sort of disability. Never player outside of MN.

Seems like he may have more motivation to take slightly less.

MN would probably have to play hard ball for a few years to get that though. Not sure they wanna do that.
I love her, she's so precious.

Reactions: lordtrillson

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Faber is such a good kid. He'll travel to Norway and take part in Zucc's charity event on the 17th. More Wild players will be there, including Brodin, Eriksson Ek and Boldy. The NHL team will have a great blueline.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00