Bright future apparent after strong 2013-14 season for Calgary Flames prospects

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The 2013-14 season provided a bright glimpse of what the future holds for the Calgary Flames. With the emerging amount of talent in the pipeline, the Flames are getting stronger in their development.

Calgary welcomed twelve new faces to their line up this season as they got their first taste of the NHL, including Johnny Gaudreau and Bill Arnold

The number of prospects with a positive season is a welcomed sight for the franchise, indicating the Flames are heading in the right direction. A group players stood out this year and have been recognized with the following awards.

Prospect of the Year: Johnny Gaudreau, LW, Boston College Eagles (Hockey East)

No other prospect in the Flames system collected as many individual awards in 2013-14 as Gaudreau did in his junior season at Boston College.… read more

More...

TheClassicK*

awards sound right, although my breakout prospect is Max Reinhart

Yeah mine too. Huge pleasant surprise by him to triple his numbers this season. Although Granlund did well to massively improve from an average season in the Finnish league, in terms of "breakout" I think Reinhart is the choice here.

Trae

Calgary
They said breakout player for next year, not this year, meaning who is going to likely graduate and have a good season, they think it will be Granlund, I agree.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Not saying Granlund is capable of cracking the NHL roster next year, but there's no need to rush the kid. He's only had one AHL season. Max Reinhart tripled his AHL totals from last year, was a huge playoff performer, he'll be the breakout that we all will be pleased with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad