BREAKING: It's over. Multiple sources confirm to @PHNX_Sports that Alex Meruelo is walking away from his ownership of the Coyotes.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Pocketed a decent profit over that time

But he didn't really own anything now, did he?

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
So how long before we get a Coyotes expansion team? :sarcasm:
I think expansion is all but confirmed at this point with all the buzz and talks with Atlanta and to a certain extent Salt Lake City/Houston. I say Atlanta + Houston will be in the leauge by 2030. By 2040 Phoenix and say idk maybe Quebec/Harford/Milwaukee who knows what the east team will be

kevistar

Oct 11, 2017
Obviously this is great news. Although, I though he was tied to the team for like 5 years. Like, I remember bettman saying like he couldn't sell like more than a percentage of the team.

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
I'm sure a lot of people wish he'd done this a year or two ago. I don't love the idea of the NHL expanding further, but to give the Arizona fans their team back, I'm perfectly ok with it.
Only way I'd be fine with the NHL expanding to more than 32 teams is if we do 40. 30 in America and 10 in Canada. With Atlanta and Houston being all but confirmed and Phoenix to a certain extent it points to me the NHL is looking at 36 teams for the future

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Red Green Ranger GIFs | Tenor

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Only way I'd be fine with the NHL expanding to more than 32 teams is if we do 40. 30 in America and 10 in Canada. With Atlanta and Houston being all but confirmed and Phoenix to a certain extent it points to me the NHL is looking at 36 teams for the future
I feel the same way about NBA expansion as I do NHL. If they gonna go up to like 36 then I want a 6 team euro division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad