Waived: Breaking: Hearing Rangers have waived Diaz, Megna.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Whats the deal if Glass is injured long term because of this shot block in practice today? How will that effect that cap/screw the Rangers?

If Glass was injured long term I believe we would put him on LT injured reserve and we would get a cap credit but I'm not sure.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If Glass was injured long term I believe we would put him on LT injured reserve and we would get a cap credit but I'm not sure.

that would only provide cap relief to replace him while he is hurt...you don't bank that cap space for later

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Whats the deal if Glass is injured long term because of this shot block in practice today? How will that effect that cap/screw the Rangers because they should've waived him?

They can "go over" the cap by the amount of cap space he was using, but it's not really just that simple, just easier to say it that way.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
If Steve Zipay is right in saying the Rangers are trading someone the real question becomes who was Glass on the ice for before he left. Because that player is probably getting traded.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYP_Brooksie: Glass is NOT on waivers today. Rangers still have move to make.”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: With Raphael Diaz and Jayson Megna on waivers, #NYR still need to make one more move. A Glass trade could happen...”

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
For all we know, Glass wasn't waived because he's really the guy they're trying to trade.

They aren't over the cap. They aren't over the roster limit. They have a week to find a solution here.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
It won't happen. I would be absolutely shocked beyond belief. No way Gorton does that. Glass will be the one to go.

Yeah I can't believe they'd move Moore. But until Glass is gone, its going to make me a little anxious.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
“@HartnettHockey: With Raphael Diaz and Jayson Megna on waivers, #NYR still need to make one more move. A Glass trade could happen...â€

not true...using the bonus cushion, i'm pretty sure, the current 23 man roster fits under the cap meaning the rangers don't have to make another move if they don't want

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Get rid of Glass

For games we need a "protector"...put McIlrath in and let old man Boyle rest up.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
How could they trade a recently (and conveniently i might add) injured Glass?

To teams that suck, know they are missing the playoffs, and need to fill space with players to reach the cap minimum

Do I sense a conspiracy theory being suggested here?

AV told Glass to head into the locker room after a blocked shot so teams won't trade for him, so the two of them can keep wining and dining together? That's pretty elaborate

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@rangersreport: AV to MSG: Lines/pairs you saw today will be close to opening night lineup.”

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
To teams that suck, know they are missing the playoffs, and need to fill space with players to reach the cap minimum

Do I sense a conspiracy theory here?

AV told Glass to head into the locker room after a blocked shot so teams won't trade for him, so the two of them can keep wining and dining together? That's pretty elaborate

Ok there's a scenario. What do we get in return?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that negotiation. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad